Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Am I imagining things or were they actually going to blow the Defiant up in First Contact until the DS9 guys were like uh, you can't take the ship off our show and destroy it in a movie that has nothing to do with us what the hell and so they switched it to just badly damaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Senor Tron posted:

That could have been addressed fantastically assuming the holodeck shootout still happens in the Sisko/Picard team-up. Picard goes nuts shooting the Borg and Sisko calls him out on it, saying something about how they could have been saved, with Picard retorting that even if they lived they would be forever haunted by what they had done, the memories of losing control of their own bodies.

I can absolutely hear Sisko saying "You didn't even try!"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Grand Fromage posted:

Am I imagining things or were they actually going to blow the Defiant up in First Contact until the DS9 guys were like uh, you can't take the ship off our show and destroy it in a movie that has nothing to do with us what the hell and so they switched it to just badly damaged.

Yep. Berman wanted to destroy it and Ira Steven Behr had to convince him how insane that would be.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rather than wedge the Sisko into First Contact I would have rather seen DS9 get its own film.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Nessus posted:

Rather than wedge the Sisko into First Contact I would have rather seen DS9 get its own film.

I'm inclined to agree, but I've thought about this before and am somewhat at a loss for what a DS9 movie would have been about. The Dominion War feels too big to cram into a single movie, and a movie about the Prophets and Pah-Wraiths would probably be a difficult sell to audiences.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Nessus posted:

Well as it is we got neither. :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It would be about Dominion Borg and some of the great link being assimilated.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

It would be about Dominion Borg and some of the great link being assimilated.

woof

er...WORF

Too many of the DS9 cast were off doing their own things after the series to really make a full cast movie without intolerable contrivance unless The Sisko accidentally the whole thing with his new prophet powers and causes an alternate timeline where the dominion won and then has to undo that with his plucky band of yahoos....for some reason DS9 is key to victory

This could also have ended with Sisko back at home as a dad :3:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Captain Sisko has prophetic visions of a woman with dumps like a truck, truck, truck, eyes like what, what, what, all night long

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Captain Sisko has prophetic visions of a woman with dumps like a truck, truck, truck, eyes like what, what, what, all night long

"LET me see that THONG!!!"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Sisko has prophetic visions of a woman with dumps like an early hovercar

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I just watched Tapestry, and Q and Picard's chemistry is absolutely wonderful. Such a well written and intelligent episode. Makes me wish we got more Q, though of course we couldn't or else he'd be spoiled.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I think Sisko being on the away team during First Contact would have been interesting. But then again, him calling Picard out on killing his assimilated crewmen would be an amazing scene between two amazing actors.

Of course, if they assimilated Sisko, the Borg would get incredible super brooding powers, so... who knows.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sisko on the away team and all of a sudden everyone is going "Holy poo poo you're Gabriel Bell!"

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 21, 2018

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gabriel.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Alan_Shore posted:

I just watched Tapestry, and Q and Picard's chemistry is absolutely wonderful. Such a well written and intelligent episode. Makes me wish we got more Q, though of course we couldn't or else he'd be spoiled.

We did, and he was.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Trickjaw posted:

We did, and he was.

Oh no, I was talking purely about TNG and now... the Voyager memories... and you ruined it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I always thought Q's appearances in Voyager were some of the show's better episodes, personally.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Nodosaur posted:

I always thought Q's appearances in Voyager were some of the show's better episodes, personally.

You're allowed to have bad and dumb opinions.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

John De Lancie is so so so good.

He single handedly makes the Star Trek Borg FMV game worthwhile.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Nodosaur posted:

That's like choosing between a poke in the eye and a kick in the bollocks.

Sorry Alan_Shore! AGT is how I remember A. In fact, I'm gonna watch it RIGHT NOW

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

mycomancy posted:

You're allowed to have bad and dumb opinions.

Death Wish is good.

The rest offers nothing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Q Wants to Bang Janeway and Q's Qky Qid both remind me of like, an episode of Bewitched where Aunt Clara shows up. Both are therefore fun.

I love how they teach Teen Q how to write a five paragraph essay and Q is like "What the gently caress even is this"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look, an episode where Q shows up and tries to flirt with the captain is just his thing.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Q Wants to Bang Janeway and Q's Qky Qid both remind me of like, an episode of Bewitched where Aunt Clara shows up. Both are therefore fun.

I love how they teach Teen Q how to write a five paragraph essay and Q is like "What the gently caress even is this"

I also love when Neelix is trying to have a heartfelt conversation with Q Jr., convincing him to use his powers to help people, then mere seconds in it cuts to Junior having Twilight Zoned Neelix's mouth off.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Janeway you could have got your crew home and all it would have cost is probably having the best and most mind blowing sex you could ever imagine. I mean I guess that's the risk, all other partners would be ruined if you've had Q.

It's the 24th century there's nothing shameful about sex work, I mean apart from it being capitalism.

But obviously if Janeway don't wanna smash that's completely up to her.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, it probably would have also required carrying Q's child.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

I mean, it probably would have also required carrying Q's child.

Pretty sure Q could fix that with a snap of his fingers anyway.

Vord
Oct 27, 2007

WampaLord posted:

John De Lancie is so so so good.

He single handedly makes the Star Trek Borg FMV game worthwhile.

Speaking of this. A thread or two ago someone posted a version of this and the klingon game cut up and edited on youtube to be fully playable. Anyone got a link to them handy because for the life of me I cannot find them again.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I have a friend who I've been watching through a few episodes of TNG with. She's never watched Star Trek before, but pop cultural osmosis has led her to be interested in Q and Data's cat, so those are the first episodes we're watching.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Pretty sure Q could fix that with a snap of his fingers anyway.

Yeah, but he wouldn't.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I also love when Neelix is trying to have a heartfelt conversation with Q Jr., convincing him to use his powers to help people, then mere seconds in it cuts to Junior having Twilight Zoned Neelix's mouth off.

What is that called again, when you have a character do something the audience has always wanted to do?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

The_Doctor posted:

I can absolutely hear Sisko singing "You didn't even try!"

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Janeway you could have got your crew home and all it would have cost is probably having the best and most mind blowing sex you could ever imagine. I mean I guess that's the risk, all other partners would be ruined if you've had Q.

It's the 24th century there's nothing shameful about sex work, I mean apart from it being capitalism.

But obviously if Janeway don't wanna smash that's completely up to her.

Won't bang the closest thing to God the universe has in order to get her crew home.

Fucks a holographic barkeep probably two feet away from several crewmembers.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hipster_Doofus posted:

What is that called again, when you have a character do something the audience has always wanted to do?

Catharsis

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

MillennialVulcan posted:

Death Wish is good.

The rest offers nothing.

I disagree. Death Wish is mediocre at best, but compared to the diarrhea-on-celluloid that is most Voyager episodes it shines like a rhinestone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

"Computer, delete the wife".

Great line.

Never worked for O'Brien

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm not saying Janeway should have boned Q to get her crew home and save the lives of the dozen or so crewmembers who died along the way.

I'm saying Picard would have.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That scene is absolutely wonderful