Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Being short is its own amphetamine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

humpthewind posted:

I see giant baseball men everyday.

Someday Ken Burns will do a documentary on tiny baseball players and how they were vindicated in 2018

Except in New York, where old perceptions remain to this very day.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the popes toes posted:

Someday Ken Burns will do a documentary on tiny baseball players and how they were vindicated in 2018

Except in New York, where old perceptions remain to this very day.

How dare you.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

seiferguy posted:

If the man can't see balls and strikes, how can we be sure he can see color?

I made this picture like 12 years ago and I'm glad that it's still relevant today:

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I made this picture like 12 years ago and I'm glad that it's still relevant today:

Say what you will, but Angel democratically fucks anyone and everyone at the drop of an imaginary hat, no one is immune from his fuckery. I admire that in a baseball man.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

New Concept Hole posted:

Being short is its own amphetamine

Can confirm

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i dunno it looks to me like most players are pretty big dudes

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

iKickDogs posted:

Jose Reyes is trending in New York. It's because he's very bad at baseball. His OPS+ is 3.

When asked if he was going to continue to play Reyes, Mickey Callaway took a roundabout shot at the front office: "I think we have to play the players we have."

The Mets are a garbage barge again. I missed that.

Has anyone had an OPS+ that low over a season as a regular starter since Nick Punto?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Lenny Dykstra is out there living his best life.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/23/lenny-dykstra-busted-with-cocaine-after-pulling-gun-on-uber-driver-cops/

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Luigi Thirty posted:

Has anyone had an OPS+ that low over a season as a regular starter since Nick Punto?

2013 Pete Kozma was good for a 53 OPS+ in a whopping 448 PA's.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Neifi Perez had 585 PAs of 44 OPS+ in 2002!

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

seiferguy posted:

hmm yeah talk dirty to me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to thank the Tigers for Verlander once again and laugh at myself for not liking the trade when it happened

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

seiferguy posted:

And KC only gave up Jermaine Dye to get him!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Intruder posted:

I just want to thank the Tigers for Verlander once again and laugh at myself for not liking the trade when it happened

I didn't like it at all either for houston at the time and figured verlander was toast

so you're not alone, but lol here we are

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

seiferguy posted:

Mario Mendoza in 1979 ripped an 25 OPS+ in 401 PA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tom Gorman posted:

I didn't like it at all either for houston at the time and figured verlander was toast

so you're not alone, but lol here we are

Including the playoffs, Verlander has made 21 starts as an Astro and has given up 22 earned runs :captainpop:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Huh, deGrom batting 8th tonight.

Edit: ah, guess the Mets have been doing that all year lol

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 24, 2018

iKickDogs
Aug 31, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

Someone who played in the 1800s had an OPS+ of -3. Since 1900, only three players have had an OPS+ less than 20. The lowest was 1.

I don't know their names or the seasons because I let my BBR play index subscription expire for the sake of my own sanity.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

at the time it looked so foolish compared to the Dodgers acquisition of Darvish, and I mocked many a low info Dodgers fan who wanted a Proven Ace(tm) in Verlander :negative:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How does Odor have a job in the majors?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

How does Odor have a job in the majors?

Check out that contract.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Check out that contract.

Wow I didn't realize it was that bad. That's Ellsbury bad.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
N: In Monday's NYY/TEX game, Aaron Judge hit career homerun number 68 off of Bartolo Colon, which was Bartolo's 419th career homerun allowed.

V: Why does god hate baseball

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Comptroll The Forums posted:

N: In Monday's NYY/TEX game, Aaron Judge hit career homerun number 68 off of Bartolo Colon, which was Bartolo's 419th career homerun allowed.

V: Why does god hate baseball

Rest them both till the Yankees/Rangers series in August.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
It's too late, Gleyber Torres hit Bartolo's 420th homerun already :negative:

THIS IS WHY gently caress THE YANKEES

It was Gleyber's 70th AB against a RHP. gently caress the Yankees

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Welington Castillo peed hot.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, not Beef Wellington...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

Damnit, not Beef Wellington...

Wanted to be too beefy.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
He didn't want to dry out

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

will_colorado posted:

Welington Castillo peed hot.

I was wondering why people started chanting “PED’s” at him tonight.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
*in a very Gordon Ramsay voice* This beef wellington is full of juice!

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Tonight was the first ballgame I’ve gone to all year, incredible weather at Citi.

Sucked to see the blown save but :shrug: it was a really pleasant night. DeGrom looked excellent when he hit his stride, Nimmo’s homer was absolutely smoked.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
CB and Angel are atrocious but the patron saint of bad umpiring, in so many different valences, will remain Eric Gregg.

I think if there’s a Dollop about you that’s probably true just in general terms, however fuzzy the specifics get.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

GalacticAcid posted:

Tonight was the first ballgame I’ve gone to all year, incredible weather at Citi.

Sucked to see the blown save but :shrug: it was a really pleasant night. DeGrom looked excellent when he hit his stride, Nimmo’s homer was absolutely smoked.

I was also at this game. This was the first time I ever saw deGrom pitch in person and it was absolutely magical.

Apparently our lord & savior deGrom has a 1.54 ERA and a 5-5 record. The Mets do not deserve him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

I was also at this game. This was the first time I ever saw deGrom pitch in person and it was absolutely magical.

Apparently our lord & savior deGrom has a 1.54 ERA and a 5-5 record. The Mets do not deserve him.

Send him to the Astros IMO

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
If Jacob deGrom became a Astro, I would probably become an actual serious Astros fan and not just a Morton fangirl who watches every Yanks-Astros game on YES.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Acquire deGrom, send Keuchel to bullpen, send Giles into orbit

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

YeahTubaMike posted:

If Jacob deGrom became a Astro, I would probably become an actual serious Astros fan and not just a Morton fangirl who watches every Yanks-Astros game on YES.

I would probably kill myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

What if the Astros sold high on Morton and he was part of the trade

• Locked thread