Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

chesnok posted:

Yes, because clearly a business venture that has an IP deal with one of the most greedy scumbags to ever walk the earth is only having player's best interest at heart.

I did not know Lloyd Blankfein was a gamer, but it makes a lot of sense in retrospect. Thanks for the scoop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Coolguye posted:

care to provide the documentation that EA and Fatshark were collaborating on microtransactions

or, better, provide the documentation of the microtransaction platform that EA apparently had up for sale

or are you content to stand there shouting at clouds

Fatshark-quality reply.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

chesnok posted:

Fatshark-quality reply.

typical horseshit spewer, ask to see the horse and they're like "this comes from my mouth"

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Coolguye posted:

typical horseshit spewer, ask to see the horse and they're like "this comes from my mouth"

Still better than reading one of your 1200 word essays on how to properly play Champion.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

chesnok posted:

dumb poo poo

lol idiot

ah, you're the "what is fatshark business model" guy, explains a lot

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

sirs this is a mcranald’s drive thru

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Digirat posted:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
*kruber in a fry cook outfit* I like orders! They give me purpose.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I serve these fries out of need, not desire.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Too Shy Guy posted:

I serve these fries out of need, not desire.

Ha! They call these onion rings? They'll have to do.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

chesnok posted:

Still better than reading one of your 1200 word essays on how to properly play Champion.

You are really coming across like you have some kind of borderline personality disorder here and you might want to just walk away from this conversation for a bit.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Digirat posted:

HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED BURGER

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I think this thread has started to suffer some bizzare form of Cabin Fever.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

chesnok posted:

Your both retarded
Hth

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

And neither one of you is pretty

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Drythe posted:

Your both retarded
Hth

you dumb

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

your*

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yea but so are you

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i was hoping you'd point out how my correction wasn't really an improvement

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

why? you dum

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

dumdum

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Jesus.... finally got a chance to test out the new huntsman changes on the keep practice dummy. Bodyshot damage is less than one third of what it used to be during prowl.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I just saw footman kruber get a res by starting the countdown and then using his ult, with two rat ogres on his rear end. Completes the res while he's running. So that's a neat trick.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

FS can get hosed so hard for making me use broken talents for hundreds of loving hours--if we saw stats we'd have known from the loving start.

They won't show us poo poo because its likely all loving broken.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

How many traits are just placebo?

HOW MANY FATSHARK

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

HOLY SIGMAR, BLESS THIS RAVAGED BURGER

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wish i had an answer to your question but that'll actually change from day to day based on whether there's been a patch or not because newer patches sometimes just undo the fixes that were done in ones before

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

All right! Come on! GRILL FOR OL' KRUBER!

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Arghy posted:

FS can get hosed so hard for making me use broken talents for hundreds of loving hours--if we saw stats we'd have known from the loving start.

They won't show us poo poo because its likely all loving broken.

While it's true that poo poo should be fixed, it's not like having played the game for hundreds of hours and enjoying it has been invalidated by broken talents. It's not like it's all been a lie.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah like I have still really enjoyed annihilating millions of rats in Ratfight 2: It's a Lot Messier Than Ratfight.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Ohno, my +power talent wasn't working all of this time! All of that fun I thought I was having was just a lie! Its all gone now, lost to inchoate rage at this betrayal by Fatshark. RIP all my fun, it turns out you never existed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think some of y'all are conjuring up this weird strawman about someone just annoyed that fatshark has been really incredibly bad about letting us know any details about what's even going on in the game

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think some of y'all are conjuring up this weird strawman about someone just annoyed that fatshark has been really incredibly bad about letting us know any details about what's even going on in the game

Maybe, but, "making me use broken talents for hundreds of hours" definitely has a hyperbolic ring to it.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Digirat posted:

All right! Come on! GRILL FOR OL' KRUBER!

Just like Cousin Okri used to bake.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mendrian posted:

Maybe, but, "making me use broken talents for hundreds of hours" definitely has a hyperbolic ring to it.

it does, but the devs really could have headed a lot of this off at the pass if they just trusted us and didn't try to pull the 'eternally inscrutable' card

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

it does, but the devs really could have headed a lot of this off at the pass if they just trusted us and didn't try to pull the 'eternally inscrutable' card

You're probably right, but I don't really subscribe to the, "the community was right all along, we knew about this weeks ago" school of thought because I don't particularly trust the community myself and don't really think a bunch of goons would be better at designing the game than FS is. The Vermintide community, for better or worse, basically moves at the speed of thought and a lot of the poo poo it comes up with is just wrong. I can see a post on Reddit in the morning and by the evening the community has decided that they've known about the issue for a month and what the gently caress why hasn't FS fixed it yet.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean Ratfight 1 was about as inscrutable for ages.

Realtalk the Hero Power system was a mistake in my view and most of Ratfight 2's biggest issues come from it, but it doesn't really invalidate that I have put a hell of a lot of time into murdering rats with my buddies. I'm content to just take a break and come back in a month or two to see what's changed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's less 'the community was right all along' and more just 'more eyes looking at it leads to things getting worked out faster' and the end result is probably fatshark still having weirdos yelling at them no matter the situation but one of these paths would possibly have more things solidly fixed instead of us guessing at mechanics that seem to change on a whim.

i don't like smug people getting weird at the devs and calling them morons myself but to a degree it's not like fatshark is helping their case here. it's a fun and cool game and i enjoy it quite a lot since it's more of what i enjoyed in the first game but drat. i want it to be more successful. this cavalcade of bugs isn't helping retain players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Night10194 posted:

I mean Ratfight 1 was about as inscrutable for ages.

Realtalk the Hero Power system was a mistake in my view and most of Ratfight 2's biggest issues come from it, but it doesn't really invalidate that I have put a hell of a lot of time into murdering rats with my buddies. I'm content to just take a break and come back in a month or two to see what's changed.

Yeah if they just replaced all the power poo poo with straight up + dmg then this poo poo would have been fixed a long time ago.

I've tweaked the gently caress outta items and spent hours trying to make a broken system work while trusting the devs that everything was working. It's annoying as hell because it literally takes the enjoyment out of the game. At this point you can't trust anything to work so you might as well play without talents/weapon traits which leaves you to play a broken unfinished game. If the devs didn't have everything hidden then i could have at least realized oh 90% of the game is a broken mess let me enjoy the 10% instead of stressing to make the 90% work when they've known all along that it doesn't work. How hard is it to show loving hp numbers in the UI? I could have equipped the talent and went oh look the number didn't change this must be broken on day loving 1.

They're not a small indie game anymore this poo poo isn't acceptable and they can get hosed if they think they can try to sell a DLC with the game in this state.