Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kibayasu posted:

The Steam app in on the App Store.
I recall there being some weird stuff with that, too. Something about Apple taking months to approve a bug fix update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I actually remember this, and I remember just how much the graphics on the game amazed me, like how those enemies that I was killing by the dozens looked incredibly sharp and how well I could run it.

poo poo, 8 years.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
once i boot all of these games and get the pictures filled in, what happens?

get any coupons or something for the summer sale maybe?

right now i'm just downloading a bunch of old games i don't really wanna play, but my internet is fast as gently caress, so :shrug:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

OG hl2 owners desperately trying to get this newfangled piece of poo poo steam thing to run, represent

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

I actually remember this, and I remember just how much the graphics on the game amazed me, like how those enemies that I was killing by the dozens looked incredibly sharp and how well I could run it.

poo poo, 8 years.

was curious about this, thinking about going back to it. steam charts says player peak is like 13000+ in the last 30 days. that's some staying power. and that's a sharp decrease from previous months.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Soul Glo posted:

once i boot all of these games and get the pictures filled in, what happens?

get any coupons or something for the summer sale maybe?

right now i'm just downloading a bunch of old games i don't really wanna play, but my internet is fast as gently caress, so :shrug:

Absolutely nothing

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Wamdoodle posted:

Absolutely nothing

cool

mystery gift says it may be useful in a future sale is why i was asking

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

StrixNebulosa posted:

TB died

https://kotaku.com/game-critic-totalbiscuit-has-died-1826310517

His wife posted the news on twitter.

Regardless of what he's done, it sucks that he had to die so young. :(
yeah that sucks, i don't have anything against the guy really, he could have easily turned into the hardcore atheist lolbertarian incel alt-right type, but seemed to steer pretty well into A Decent Guy territory.

i also appreciate the 60fps crusade, even if some of the stuff was flawed in execution like pointing fingers at some 15 year old games, because i literally cannot stand 30fps games and i think it did help (i.e. hyper light drifter is so much better now)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wow does HL2 feel older than I expected it to.

(14 years)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Orange box was the first thing I added on Steam (because I couldn't find the old account I had just for CS) I hope I don't need to play everything in it, this is going to hurt my ADSL connection enough as is. :v:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I didn't remember that Half-Life 2 wasn't my first Steam game and that I waited so long after its release to get it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Xaris posted:

yeah that sucks, i don't have anything against the guy really, he could have easily turned into the hardcore atheist lolbertarian incel alt-right type, but seemed to steer pretty well into A Decent Guy territory.

Man, ding me for it if you want, but gently caress this whitewashing bullshit. He poured gasoline on Gamergate and sicced his fans on people I knew, chasing one out of the industry completely. Congrats, he isn't Notch and thus the worst dude in games - it decidedly didn't make him a good person, it only let him clear the underground loving bar we've seen since his shittiest period.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm pretty stoked that Steam offered me up Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for the "play a game you played a lot but haven't played in awhile" game, both because it's a rad game and I won't have to ruin my chance at that one Stanley Parable achievement.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Soul Glo posted:

cool

mystery gift says it may be useful in a future sale is why i was asking

Aside from that, it's seemingly just getting extra badge rank-ups and XP. Though because of the weird way the badge ranks and daily goal tiers are set up, I am wondering if there's going to be something extra for getting them all done.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I've been on a hack and slash binge lately. Any kind words for Hero Siege? It's a dollar.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Rinkles posted:

I've been on a hack and slash binge lately. Any kind words for Hero Siege? It's a dollar.

steam says i played it for 11 hours so thats not bad for a buck

i think they completely revamped it from a wave based thing to more open world though so i dunno how it plays now.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Rinkles posted:

I remember it as incredibly fun and unique but super janky and unbalanced. There were some questionable design decisions and I've always meant to go back and play it more once some of the bugs were worked out.

Edit: 66 hours, I guess I liked it a lot

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am guessing the mystery gift will be some coupon gimmick.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Gaming is weird.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Scalding Coffee posted:

I am guessing the mystery gift will be some coupon gimmick.

In the past these have always turned out to be sale related trading cards but we will found out soon I suppose.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I'm strangely proud of this.

Orv
May 4, 2011
What on earth is the algorithm it's using for Nostalgia.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Orv posted:

What on earth is the algorithm it's using for Nostalgia.

weird, i had 16 choices

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I had two, only one of which could reasonably qualify as nostalgic. I barely played the other.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

kater posted:

Gaming is weird.

I'm pretty sure I've never touched anything made by Tales of Tales and I don't even know what a Smashball is

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

kater posted:

Gaming is weird.
Truly

I could at least install Codename: Gordon and it counted for the badge even though it's not in my library anymore
steam://install/92

I have no idea how to play steam on linux

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Everyone's favourite game, PCGamer Digital.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I had only "modern warfare 2" and "modern warfare 2 multiplayer" for nostalgia.

Meanwhile, my list of games I've bought in the last 6 months has three rows and only the bottom row is games I have actually bought. The others include DLCs and mods for games I don't own, Greenlight spawn I have never heard of before, and "steam for linux."

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Computer algorithms will take are jobs!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Mordja posted:

I'm strangely proud of this.

I still had ricochet installed for some insane reason but when I went to play it it cried about not having the hl base.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

kater posted:

I still had ricochet installed for some insane reason but when I went to play it it cried about not having the hl base.
It needs Half-Life 1 to be installed.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Now that everyone is posting it I can't help but notice how phallic the "CAN'T WAIT" silhouette is

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

Man, ding me for it if you want, but gently caress this whitewashing bullshit. He poured gasoline on Gamergate and sicced his fans on people I knew, chasing one out of the industry completely. Congrats, he isn't Notch and thus the worst dude in games - it decidedly didn't make him a good person, it only let him clear the underground loving bar we've seen since his shittiest period.

The light that burns at 60 fps burns half as long. And he burned so many.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Samuringa posted:

Now that everyone is posting it I can't help but notice how phallic the "CAN'T WAIT" silhouette is

Yeah I've been browsing this thread on my phone and its dong city these last few pages.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Full-size viewing doesn't change it, they're all a bunch of weird dills. I think my #1 is "speed clean"

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018

END ME SCOOB posted:

glad we can keep the toxicity of early 2000s SA alive even if we dropped the racism/homophobia

e: Also this steam spring cleaning event is mostly just reminding me of all the games I hosed up and forgot to refund in time :(

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

a_good_username posted:

glad we can keep the toxicity of early 2000s SA alive even if we dropped the racism/homophobia

TB was a gamergater.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

That's a super great and fun reward. Is it a 10% sale coupon :o

I remember old events that gave items in games, why did they stop those

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

END ME SCOOB posted:

Uhhh, where, uhh... where can I find this Underground loving Bar?

For a friend I mean, they want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

take a look through the visual novel section