Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wanna see the director's cut where he had a black kid shining his shoes to support local business and salutes an oirish cop on the beat because blue lives matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

McSpanky posted:

Wanna see the director's cut where he had a black kid shining his shoes to support local business and salutes an oirish cop on the beat because blue lives matter.

Kemp wasn't even the biggest right wing nutjob in the primary.

It was either Clay Tippins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G67Zxndb0Fw

Or Michael Williams who drove around in a loving DEPORTATION BUS. He wanted to use Cracker Barrel as meetup place for the bus tour, because, the clientele skews towards ancient and lily white. Cracker Barrel told him to get the hell off their property. He slipped into one restaurant for an actual meal (in Dublin), but when they noticed the bus, they kicked him out.

The Republican primary is headed for a run-off. It's between Kemp and Casey Cagle, whose best attribute is that he's not quite as nutty.

(Cagle will win the thing because the Dems' candidate is a black female (Stacey Abrams). She'll have exactly zero of the old white dude demographic, which is the majority it seems of what votes.)

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
This is how I wish that new Amazon Alexa ad ended:

*sweet old grandma opens up box and reads the note aloud*

Grandma: Alexa, call home!

*Goatse pops up on the screen*

Grandma: Oh nooooooo!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Majorian posted:

Bamboozled again

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Majorian posted:

My Grandma: Hello, old friend.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I can’t say it’s an ad I hate because this catheter one cracks me up every time it comes on.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

LadyPictureShow posted:

I can’t say it’s an ad I hate because this catheter one cracks me up every time it comes on.

Every time they say catheter, take a shot.

See you at the next AA meeting.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I sell catheter and catheter testing supplies.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

vyst posted:

I sell catheter and catheter testing supplies.

Considering his narrow urethra, Hank might need to use one in his old age. It'd be a good career change for him, he'd have personal experience he could convey to his customers.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Majorian posted:

Less depressing than the original.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

Considering his narrow urethra, Hank might need to use one in his old age. It'd be a good career change for him, he'd have personal experience he could convey to his customers.

Pee jockey. Works for tips.

:stare:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Every time they say catheter, take a shot.

See you at the next AA meeting.

A shot?! At that rate, in less than a minute, I-C-U in the hospital.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

A shot?! At that rate, in less than a minute, I-C-U in the hospital.

And while you're there, you'll probably get your own catheter! :downsrim:

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Chili’s is back baby back baby back with a bunch of lovely new commercials.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Faustian Bargain posted:

Is it the ones where they read basically the whole commercial to the rhythm of the Baby Back song? Because those were awful and I can't believe they'd bring them back.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Food Network keeps running these Cascade pod ads, sometimes twice in a row. It’s a little girl astounded by the fact her mother will pre-wash the dishes, and they still come out gunky (with the helpful FAIL with an arrow pointing at mom holding the dish, in case you’re a complete moron). It’s annoying as Hell.

And just about any goddamn Rx ad, like for Verzenio (metastatic breast cancer) or Latuda (bipolar disorder).

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

You know what's awesome for someone (family member) that's getting surgery in a few months and needs an IVC filter implanted beforehand? All those daytime IVC filter lawsuit commercials. Those are exactly what we need to see. :fuckoff:

Faustian Bargain posted:

They're now having Chili's employees sing the lyrics.

Is part of the marketing strategy for things like this to be deliberately cringe-worthy just to get people talking about it? Do the people working on these sorts of things figure there's that slim chance you'll mention "those annoying Chili's commercials" to one of your co-workers that happened to really like Chili's, hasn't been there in years, and now they've got a craving?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Zaxby's has the most annoying goddamn commercials in the world. First it was that overdramatic guy VOing the gross-looking wings and now it's Sarah Silverman lisping about "Asian thlaw," whatever the hell Asian slaw even is. With their lovely food it's insult to injury.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

DizzyBum posted:

You know what's awesome for someone (family member) that's getting surgery in a few months and needs an IVC filter implanted beforehand? All those daytime IVC filter lawsuit commercials. Those are exactly what we need to see. :fuckoff:

They're now having Chili's employees sing the lyrics.

Is part of the marketing strategy for things like this to be deliberately cringe-worthy just to get people talking about it? Do the people working on these sorts of things figure there's that slim chance you'll mention "those annoying Chili's commercials" to one of your co-workers that happened to really like Chili's, hasn't been there in years, and now they've got a craving?

Anything so long as you remember the brand. This has sadly been a part of advertising ever since the first person in a market square figured out that by shouting FRESH OYSTERS louder than anyone else they'd sell more, no matter how unpleasant the sound.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Maxwell Lord posted:

Anything so long as you remember the brand. This has sadly been a part of advertising ever since the first person in a market square figured out that by shouting FRESH OYSTERS louder than anyone else they'd sell more, no matter how unpleasant the sound.

Everyone remembered "THAT'S A SPICY MEAT-A BALL". No one remembered the commercial was for Alka Seltzer, not Italian food. So they need to be careful what people remember, and why.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Apple's new Animoji commercials are pretty annoying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2m7EUwnqGg

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

God i hate them so much

Like this slightly older one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkq8a6AV3HM

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
There are no good Apple commercials.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SpacePig posted:

True

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

SpacePig posted:

There are no good Apple customers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Urdnot Fire posted:

This is animated like those 90s cyber-horror movies. Seriously, there's some Lawnmower Man poo poo going on here.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That was playing at a bar I was at, no sound so I had no clue what the gently caress was going on. It was weird and nightmarish.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

McSpanky posted:

This is animated like those 90s cyber-horror movies. Seriously, there's some Lawnmower Man poo poo going on here.

Like I'm well aware that bears do have pronounced canine teeth, but having those little nubs on a cartoon version just automatically made it seem a hell of a lot more sinister

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

SpacePig posted:

What's a commercial?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

DizzyBum posted:

Trying to get consent for those suckers is a bitch. "This is the last resort and all that commercial stuff is possible, but it might be better than dying of simultaneously bleeding with blood clots in your lungs." I hate them.

Jc penny is squeezing every last penny out of "Come and Get Your Love." I'm seeing more of them than either Geico or progressive.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Urdnot Fire posted:

Actually Apple is way late to this game. Animoji music videos were a thing for about a month after the X came out, but I haven’t seen one since then.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
There's this commercial with a fire alarm beeping and it pisses me off because it always seems to come on when I'm dozing off at night.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

The Anna faris commercial for atom :smithicide:

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Every time the Walmart "ring my Bell" commercial comes on I think to myself "these women are ordering vibrators. Those are all vibrators."

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
https://twitter.com/jubsv1/status/1007888140537769984

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Faustian Bargain posted:

The Anna faris commercial for atom :smithicide:

YIPPY KI YAY MOVIE LOVEEEEERS

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I love how the advertised price for the Chevy Cruz is for an "ultra-low mileage" lease because their engines pop at 20,000 miles.

Goddamn are Chevys terrible cars.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

I love how the advertised price for the Chevy Cruz is for an "ultra-low mileage" lease because their engines pop at 20,000 miles.

Goddamn are Chevys terrible cars.

A company that uses a triple false ending commercial to brag about all the awards they win would never lie to me!

Parachute
May 18, 2003
it's insane how much less advertising ford puts out compared to chevy but i guess when you created the F150 it doesn't really matter; everyone just buys your truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Parachute posted:

it's insane how much less advertising ford puts out compared to chevy but i guess when you created the F150 it doesn't really matter; everyone just buys your truck

Yeah and those little transit vans are everywhere. I probably wouldn't ever buy one, but it's kind of sad to see them discontinuing all their non-mustang cars.