Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
taking down a school shooter by using a giant yellow snake is metal as gently caress

no don't tell me what actually happened

i prefer my version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Making the US irrelevant to own the libs

North and South Korea have their peace summit without Trump

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I came here to post that. lol'in that they're just going off and having peace talks unannounced so that the US can't poo poo it up.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Laranzu posted:

I feel like "The only thing that stops bad guys with guns are good educators" works on a few levels.

Stealing this.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000375761604370434

its the democrats fault immigrants are being treated like poo poo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

hahaha

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

But ms13 doesn't come from Mexico....

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Chichevache posted:

But ms13 doesn't come from Mexico....

On the off chance they even knew they wouldn't care.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/seanmcelwee/status/1000112078689128448?s=21

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Not gonna point out he used the wrong form of their?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dems proposed the laws separating families?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LingcodKilla posted:

Probably. After all they did fight for slavery.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

GoGoGadget posted:

Not gonna point out he used the wrong form of their?

They're not even bothering with a correction. Presidential statements with comical amounts / levels of errors are fine now.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They're not even bothering with a correction. Presidential statements with comical amounts / levels of errors are fine now.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/report-trumps-tweets-include-intentional-errors.html

quote:

Some staff members even relish the scoldings Trump gets from elites shocked by the Trumpian language they strive to imitate, believing that debates over presidential typos fortify the belief within his base that he has the common touch.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Duzzy Funlop posted:

He just can't stop owning the libs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

I've had someone tell me it's Obama's fault we don't have gun control

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/report-trumps-tweets-include-intentional-errors.html

quote:

Some staff members even relish the scoldings Trump gets from elites shocked by the Trumpian language they strive to imitate, believing that debates over presidential typos fortify the belief within his base that he has the common touch.

That does make sense when I think of some of the Republican base, even if it's stupid.

Have three cool dogs to feel better! :3:

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 26, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
This administration is basically a combination of triggering the libs and an anti-intellectual surge made real. They're not only doing insanely stupid things, they're doing them on purpose.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't think most Trump supporters are dumb. I do think that they enjoy a bunch of loving morons sticking it to the elite ruling class in Washington, no matter how damaging it is to the US and the world as a whole in the long run.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

I don't think most Trump supporters are dumb. I do think that they enjoy a bunch of loving morons sticking it to the elite ruling class in Washington, no matter how damaging it is to the US and the world as a whole in the long run.

That’s pretty dumb.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

That’s pretty dumb.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Its the glee you get when you are two years old (or mental equivelent) when you smear your own poo poo on the walls of the room you live in.

Because yeah, your room smells like poo poo, but its not like you have to clean it up.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Yeah but drain the swamp though

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

As awful as all of this retardation has been, I have to admit taking no small enjoyment in watching the entire field of conservative intellectual columnists face their complete dickless irrelevance.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It makes me sad to see our country embarrassed like this but I'm glad the talks are proceeding.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So I mentioned last night that Ireland voted to overturn it's constitutional ban on abortion. With the final votes tallied, not only did they vote to overturn it, but they voted to overturn it by 2:1, with 66.4% of the population voting in favor of repealing the amendment in the highest turnout referendum in the history of the republic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.a3a8e74701ff

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I read someone talking about how it was wrong to put that to a referendum and somethingsomething Christian something.

Is Ireland corrupt enough to say get hosed? Because the US would tell voters to get hosed.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

I read someone talking about how it was wrong to put that to a referendum and somethingsomething Christian something.

Is Ireland corrupt enough to say get hosed? Because the US would tell voters to get hosed.

No. In fact, the current government supports the effort and already has drafted legislation that would legalize abortion up to 12 weeks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Ireland was largely a Catholic testing ground for repressive poo poo and a large amount of even the Catholic population are fed up with their poo poo.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Ireland was largely a Catholic testing ground for repressive poo poo and a large amount of even the Catholic population are fed up with their poo poo.

Yeah. The government has undergone substantial liberal reforms over the last 25 years, beginning with the decriminalization of homosexuality in 1993 and the legalization of divorce in 1995.

They've continued to enact progressive economic and social policies while also attracting multinational technology and engineering firms, proving that you don't have to sacrifice one for the other.

psydude fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 26, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

psydude posted:

Yeah. The government has undergone substantial liberal reforms over the last 25 years, beginning with the decriminalization of homosexuality in 1993 and the legalization of divorce in 1995.

They've continued to enact progressive economic and social policies while also attracting multinational technology and engineering firms, proving that you don't have to sacrifice one for the other.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprechaun_economics

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Vasudus posted:

taking down a school shooter by using a giant yellow snake is metal as gently caress

no don't tell me what actually happened

i prefer my version

The real story is almost as good.

He threw a baseball at his head first

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It makes me sad to see our country embarrassed like this but I'm glad the talks are proceeding.

please don't kinkshame

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Even once the scandal broke and the Central Bank was forced to revise their system of measuring GNI, their debt to GDP ratio turned out to be only about 3% higher than the US.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I highly recommend this twitter thread of a Denver Post reporter covering an event in Denver: breaking the Guinness world record for tallest stack of waffles.

It was held in Some Guy's yard. They actually needed an official land surveyor to do the measurements and officially level the table. There was 50 POUNDS of waffle mix involved and the waffles even got broiled after they were made so they were stackable.

https://twitter.com/ehernandez/status/1000390899120136193

The below was my favorite of the bunch, the now record holder's texts to a friend of his in Texas.

https://twitter.com/ehernandez/status/1000405943140716546

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Alan Bean died

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/05/26/us/astronaut-alan-bean-dies/index.html

RIP Moon Conqueror

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Name was too close to Sean Bean, watched a movie and died.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Beano :(

He's driving his Corvette with Pete somewhere out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Bean is legit my favorite of the 12 moon champions

• Locked thread