Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Yeah seriously with all the deals going around there's really no excuse for paying more than about $10/mo on an unlimited subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

sedative posted:

For cheap unlimited you probably can't beat $3.99 a month or $40 a year from NewsgroupDirect. I believe you also get free VPN service if you send support a message about it.

I got caught in astraweb's billing fix (9 years maybe?) and went with these guys. They have sent me the details of the VPN in 24 hours, it is through Ghost path. The retention is great and the speeds did saturate the 200mbits of the VPS

derk
Sep 24, 2004

RoboBoogie posted:

I got caught in astraweb's billing fix (9 years maybe?) and went with these guys. They have sent me the details of the VPN in 24 hours, it is through Ghost path. The retention is great and the speeds did saturate the 200mbits of the VPS

Just signed up for the 40 bucks a year plan, what a deal man! I just paid my giganews sub the other day it is on auto pay so i'll let it run this month and use both for now and then cancel giganews, thanks for the links guys! can't wait to get home and setup my NAS/seedbox at home with this new newsgroup account!

derk
Sep 24, 2004
So once you get VPN access with them can I use that for any of my stuff that could use VPN to hide my activity a little?

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

RoboBoogie posted:

Astraweb finally got me also. Newsgroup direct is highwinds though and I already have them for backup block plans so I went with UsenetExpress which is its own. The yearly plan ends up being $7.50 a month.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

derk posted:

So once you get VPN access with them can I use that for any of my stuff that could use VPN to hide my activity a little?

You're probably better off just using SSL. It will basically not affect speeds and it should prevent your ISP from seeing what you're downloading. Most if not all decent Usenet providers have this as an option.

derk
Sep 24, 2004
Which I already do use SSL, always trying to cover up more though!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

With SSL, your ISP knows who you're communicating with.

With a VPN your ISP only knows you're communicating with your VPN provider.

So, a VPN does offer more privacy, but whether thats worth it to you, only you can decide.

derk
Sep 24, 2004
I don't pay any extra for this VPN so I might as well use it

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

derk posted:

I asked support and they said I can use the vpn for whatever I want

derk
Sep 24, 2004
already loving this sub. the retention of NGD just filled my backlog of tv shows giganews didn't have retention for.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I'm remembering Sickbeard uses thetvdb.com for it's show database; does Sonarr do the same? I'm trying to add "Fahrenheit 451" to Sick and having no success.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I had issues with something the other day, have you tried using the

Tvdb:[id of show]

Method? That helped me.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Method? That helped me.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Method? That helped me.

I just went out to thetvdb.com to get the id, and it doesn't show up when searching there. Weird. I'll give it a week and try again.

edit: gently caress me it's not a TV series.

porktree fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 10, 2018

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Isn't sickbeard long dead at this point?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

frameset posted:

Isn't sickbeard long dead at this point?

I mean, it works, and I haven't changed up usenet software since I put it on a VM in 2013, but the last github merge was 2016?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
SickBeard is pretty much dead by now. SickRage is still in maintenance mode, but outside of that development has nearly halted, and underlying core issues will likely never be addressed.

Finally started migrating over Sonarr about a month ago after growing tired of having to manually go through the increasing amount of weekly misses that also weren't caught by the backlog processing in SR. This is something I've been avoiding for a long time while waiting for Sonarr's feature set to catch up with my requirements, but more importantly because of the tedium of getting everything set up again on the other side after after years of operation.

The flexible monitoring system makes it a lot easier than what I feared, thankfully, but I've still got both softwares running side by side for now.

Really enjoy the tagging system that you can use to set per-tag keyword restrictions, it's a lot smoother managing that than manually adding keywords per entry in SickRage. The matching algorithms seem much better and haven't missed anything so far. General processing is a lot more CPU-efficient as one could expect.

I'm hoping that in the future we'll see preferred but non-required (and weighted) keywords as in CouchPotato. Custom qualities (not profiles) is something I'd really like.

On the calendar page I'm missing the posters from SickRage's schedule view a little bit, but in the grand scheme of things that's really unimportant. Mostly going to be accessing the service through NZB360 anyway once things settle down.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

RoboBoogie posted:

i need some automation in my process

I have a VPS in France that downloads linux isos that was pushed by sonarr using nzbget. After it downloads i run the list of commands to push the unrar'd folders to a rclone folder for post processing by sonarr

code:
mv * ../staging && cd ../staging && rclone move . "linux:staging/" && rm -rf * && cd ../linuxiso 
Then sonarr would move the files to the right folder and then the file will magically show up on Plex. This is not girlfriend friendly and is not a smooth process as i need to log in and run the list of commands for magic to happen.

what is the best way to create a script that will move the folder to the rclone drive and then deletes the empty folder after it completes unrar-ing?

Cheers

Here's my setup:

Folder Structure:
code:
plexdrive/     (plex library mount, read only to GDrive)
temp-tv/       (Sonarr Download Target)
temp-m/        (Radarr Download Target)
tv-r/          (Local fuse-tv directory)
m-r/           (Local fuse-m directory)
Gdrive/TV/     (Remote fuse-tv directory on Google Drive, mounted with rclone mount)
Gdrive/Movies/ (Remote fuse-m directory on Google Drive, mounted with rclone mount)
fuse-tv/       (combined fuse-tv directory)
fuse-m/        (combined fuse-m directory)
scripts/       (Scripts/Logging Directory)
Sonarr/Radarr are configured to use the fuse-tv/ and fuse-m/ directories as the destination media library. This way once the Post Processing is done, they'll be placed in the tv-r/m-r directories. SABnzbd has a post processing script that calls sickbeard_mp4_automator to convert media files from mkv/whatever to plex optimized mp4 via FFMPEG (less transcoding on playing videos). The name is misleading, it supports most software in this space. SabNZBD, NZBGet, Sonarr, Radarr, etc. sickbeard_mp4_automator python script calls Sonarr/Radarr when it has completed the ffmpeg convert and they pick it back up to continue organization and movement into GDrive/Plex.

2 bash scripts: upload-m.cron and upload-tv.cron monitor the tv-r/m-r directories for any files that magically appear, and the start the rclone upload process. They're set on a 1 minute cron job, and have logic to not spawn multiple uploads.

I've also got some mount monitoring scripts if you want to see those, but they're just there to ensure that if the GDrive/Fuse mounts fail they can be reconnected so I don't have to manually do that:
mount-GDrive.cron GDrive Mount Check
mount-plexdrive.cron Plexdrive Mount Check
fuse-mount-m.cron fuse-m Mount Check
fuse-mount-tv.cron fuse-tv Mount Check
del-empty-folders.cron Finally, an empty local folder deletion script to keep things clean.

To get this up and running, create the folder structure, create the scripts, and put the mountcheck files in the directories in the above scripts. Then set a cron tab for all of the .cron scripts running every minute. If you've got rclone/plexdrive set up already you'll have to modify file paths, but it still should work. I do suggest plexdrive instead of using the normal rclone mount for Plex, as it has a bunch of stuff configured specifically for fetching and streaming files from GDrive to Plex.

I want to convert the upload-tv/m.cron scripts to be python post-scripts to sickbeard_mp4_automator, so that everything is being constantly monitored by the tools and I don't have to rely on some random-rear end bash scripts, but this works for now (and is girlfriend compatible) so I haven't yet.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 15, 2018

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That seems like an awfully complex setup. I've always wondered how Google doesn't shutdown people using the service that way.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It's not really all that complicated, as far as most of my stuff goes. I'm sure I could have made it exponentially more complicated.

As far as I'm aware, because I'm paying for a Google apps account, they don't really care how big it gets. I could have done a layer of encryption on top of fuse, but didn't really see a reason to. I haven't heard a peep out of Google, and this system has been up and running for almost 3 years now.

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender

Mustache Ride posted:

It's not really all that complicated, as far as most of my stuff goes. I'm sure I could have made it exponentially more complicated.

As far as I'm aware, because I'm paying for a Google apps account, they don't really care how big it gets. I could have done a layer of encryption on top of fuse, but didn't really see a reason to. I haven't heard a peep out of Google, and this system has been up and running for almost 3 years now.

I know their site states that its only unlimited if you have 5+ users, 4 and under is 1tb per user. Have you not reached the 1tb limit yet or are you paying google $50+ a month? Or are they just not enforcing the 1tb per user limit?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah they lie. They don't enforce the 1tb a user limit, its just there to scare you away as far as I can tell.

I've got 2 users (personal photo/docs backup and Plex Stuff) and no limit. My Plex account is currently at 9.6TB

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Mustache Ride posted:

Yeah they lie. They don't enforce the 1tb a user limit, its just there to scare you away as far as I can tell.

I've got 2 users (personal photo/docs backup and Plex Stuff) and no limit. My Plex account is currently at 9.6TB

Until they shut down the account, which they've done to a bunch of people on r/datahorders

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

And if they do, then I'm just out video files, and so what? It'll have been good while it lasted, and I'll switch to a YouTubeTV or something better then.

He asked about automation, and I showed how I currently have mine setup. It works fairly well, and I'm able to watch my TV shows and Movies without any problems with little to no intervention that I have to do on the backend. If Google or someone else shuts me down, then I'm out very little.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Has anyone read anything recent about Sonarr doing anything to make it so it can prefer and upgrade to releases with 5.1 audio?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Thermopyle posted:

Has anyone read anything recent about Sonarr doing anything to make it so it can prefer and upgrade to releases with 5.1 audio?

Aren't very few releases actually tagged with that as a textual keyword Sonarr could look for? It'd pretty much have to download (at least parts of) every release and probe them, unless indexers decided to start exposing mediainfo results via their APIs.

For the releases that have tags you can match, this should be very doable when preferred keywords becomes a feature.
https://github.com/Sonarr/Sonarr/issues/385

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Speaking of Sonarr, is the right way to do a global 'do not download with this keyword' to add each keyword individually to the Settings > Indexer thing at the bottom with no tag, and individually?

Cruddy reencode groups keep uploading things that my system is preferring to the real deal for some reason, and I want to make sure they're never grabbed.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Yeah, I knew preferred words was going to be the way to do it, I was more asking about if anyone has read anything about when that feature was coming.

It's been on the roadmap for literal years at this point.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Speaking of Sonarr, is the right way to do a global 'do not download with this keyword' to add each keyword individually to the Settings > Indexer thing at the bottom with no tag, and individually?

Cruddy reencode groups keep uploading things that my system is preferring to the real deal for some reason, and I want to make sure they're never grabbed.

You don't need a separate entry for each unwanted keyword if that's what you're asking. The keywords are evaluated with an 'OR' operation, not 'AND', so you can stack all unwanted trash into a single, untagged entry that applies to everything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Weird, I thought I messed up because I did that and one came through (I added ‘mkvcage’ and ‘h265’ to a single entry as separate tags as those should cover the mistakes). I’ll look deeper into it, thanks.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I'm convinced Hebsubs is a weird anti-piracy Hollywood group. I can't think of any other reason for burn in subs.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

frameset posted:

I'm convinced Hebsubs is a weird anti-piracy Hollywood group. I can't think of any other reason for burn in subs.

Or in sunny, sandy Israel, they'd rather have the subs burnt in because they watch the videos on smart devices or whatever, and don't feel like dealing with whatever weird sub-aware iPad video player people use for anime?

That said, they were like #1 or #2 on my ban list, them and NLsubs.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

What's anime got to do with this? And most video players can decode subs in an mkv can't they?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I will never forgive the Dutch for their obsession with hardcoded subs.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

EL BROMANCE posted:

I will never forgive the Dutch for their obsession with hardcoded subs.

At least stuff is a bit better these days. I remember a few years back things weren't labelled well and you'd end up getting stuff not only with hardcoded subs, but non English language as well.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

frameset posted:

What's anime got to do with this? And most video players can decode subs in an mkv can't they?

Most default mobile device video players don't handle subs worth poo poo. Up until super recently they didn't handle mkv either. The only ones I know of that do are super popular with the anime watching crowd, and cost like $20 on the app store.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
Subs are still a mess in 2018, I have to play stuff in AirVideo sometimes because plex can't display the subs

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

The main problem I have with subs is forced subs.

Watching a movie and then I'm wondering "is this part supposed to be in another language without captions or is it missing forced subs?".

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh god I hate that so much. I was watching something in 3D the other night and Plex cannot deal with subs when displaying in 3D, so I had to have screenshots of the srt file open on my computer in order to follow a bunch of conversations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Thermopyle posted:

The main problem I have with subs is forced subs.

Watching a movie and then I'm wondering "is this part supposed to be in another language without captions or is it missing forced subs?".

This. I literally got through like 1/4 of The Shape of Water before realizing that it wasn't a creative directorial decision to leave the sign language and Russian untranslated. It's all or nothing, apparently.