Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the challenges are just returning high tier chests, not deterministic reds the way one would actually want. cosmetics are just that, not really worth talking about from a mechanical perspective. still no way to ensure your progression after you cap out your hero power, and what's more, they heavily implied they don't even understand why red items are valuable. they go "they're end game", ignoring the point that red items are incredibly important on Legend due to the maxed out property rolls. reds are functionally required to hit important break points on legend. you can live without them, sure, but +30% power is the difference between one shotting and two shotting stormvermin on a lot of characters with a lot of weapons, which is a humongous difference in gameplay...and good luck getting to that watermark without a red, it will take hours of rolling.

no word about the major bugs yet to be fixed, including continuing phantom hits, slot violations, running attack bugs, and spawning errors.

another really disappointing patch, imo. also, lol that i was proven right about the delay with pushing the button being an API limiter, and someone carelessly changed it without thinking of the ramifications.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

NightshadeGenitals posted:

Friendly reminder that you’ll never be as good as Cousin Okri. :smug:

Brb changing my steam name to Cousin Okri.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
Don't need breakpoints if everything is poisoned and on fire :unsmigghh:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A bit of annoyance in that I'd probably have all of the enemy specific challenges by now if they counted before now, I've only killed a rat ogre once while it was jumping at me in all my time playing, but it was a very memorable moment.

I would of preferred they work on the deed system to make it less sucky and RNG drop based and easier to join deed groups via quickplay, I just look at the achievement for 500 deeds and then back to my inventory of 12 deeds, good chunk of which aren't ever worth running if not undoable with the back to basics on legend difficulty modifier.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I'll never get tired of everyone posting their very interesting end of game stats. Here's mine

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You sure owned that completely inoffensive post from a page ago

Don't think we'll be seeing much of those anyway for the time being, apparently people are crashing right at the end of runs.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
"lustration" is an insanely funny word for a flagellant to be screaming all the time, partly because of how it sounds and partly because of what it means.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Vermintide has done a lot for my vocabulary lately.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
"Muculent"

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
I pretty much use buboes everyday now. My quality of life has seriously declined.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

I pretty much use buboes everyday now. My quality of life has seriously declined.

You should probably see a dermatologist about that

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh, the skulls are probably a weekend Warhammer sale thing. So yeah, all Warhammer games are on sale for this weekend.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Rufio posted:

I'll never get tired of everyone posting their very interesting end of game stats. Here's mine

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

toasterwarrior posted:

Oh, the skulls are probably a weekend Warhammer sale thing. So yeah, all Warhammer games are on sale for this weekend.

Skulls for the skull throne

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Best not go on a re-rolling spree right now, seems to reliably cause a 1342 after a while.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Requesting a QoL mod that respects the API rate-limiting

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

Best not go on a re-rolling spree right now, seems to reliably cause a 1342 after a while.

Haha goddamnit out of everything this is what i was looking forward too the most--gently caress you partial necklaces and my 6 33% CR trinkets with junk other stats!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It was cool in ratgame 1 how you could reroll twice a second and nothing went wrong since it apparently didn’t need to ping the very necessary co-op game servers every time you clicked the button

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Fortunately there are still things we can count on, like the host randomly disconnecting right before the end of the map

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

Fortunately there are still things we can count on, like the host randomly disconnecting right before the end of the map

Literally just happened to me on my first game after the patch. The fury is real.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh hey, Mouse Party 1 is on sale for 75% off on Steam this weekend.

Edit: ooooh, it's like a GW sale or something.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Got like 24 commendation chests and I'm just not at all sure what to do with them. Open them obviously. But on who.

Also game forced me to play Kruber and he was the last guy I had to level. Holy poo poo battering ram Kruber is so good.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

I opened 37 across all 5 and unsurprisingly got nothing.

I’m sure like 2 weeks later we’ll find out that a coding error made cosmetic drop rates essentially 0.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

It only works if you're connected as a client, with your career skill active. On Tuesdays.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Foehammer posted:

It only works if you're connected as a client, with your career skill active. On Tuesdays.

note, career skill currently does not activate

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I got 3 cosmetics and a red in 80ish commendation chests.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I opened 37 across all 5 and unsurprisingly got nothing.

I’m sure like 2 weeks later we’ll find out that a coding error made cosmetic drop rates essentially 0.

I got a cosmetic the second chest I opened, so I can believe they changed the drop rate.

It turned out to be, uh, two nails sticking out of Saltzpyre's head. I'll take it, but I would have preferred a red.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Ranald is a real jerk! :mad:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Get on my level, peasants.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Sykic posted:

Man, his default helm on FK is so bad, but turns out a fuckoff giant crest does wonders for it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I can't wait to go home after work today to find out how much Ranald hates me.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sykic posted:

I'm legit jelly

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

toasterwarrior posted:

Man, his default helm on FK is so bad, but turns out a fuckoff giant crest does wonders for it.
Kruber is a man of the Empire. The fact he did not have a fuckoff giant crest originally as a foot knight is a crying shame. :911:

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Sykic posted:

Jesus christ. Beautiful.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I would of preferred they work on the deed system to make it less sucky and RNG drop based and easier to join deed groups via quickplay, I just look at the achievement for 500 deeds and then back to my inventory of 12 deeds, good chunk of which aren't ever worth running if not undoable with the back to basics on legend difficulty modifier.

That one's incredibly brutal. After a legend pub-run one says "hey you guys wanna do a deed :-)" and it was that. Short of getting a group and really hashing out exact roles, yeah it's impossible. Like you'd actually have to try

Unrelated
Also hey here's a video in glorious 4k upscaled glory of the first 1.1 Legend Pub Run I gone and done with Hagbanestalker. Shows a lot of the techniques I've been typing about in this very thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWPwRuaEhYA

https://youtu.be/OWPwRuaEhYA?t=30m13s the only poo poo anyone cares about (timestamp link to green circles)

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Goddamn i must have spent about 100 green dust trying to get 10% power vs chaos and skaven, i don't think its possible. I just settled for 10% PvC and 10% Pv armored as SV are really the only skaven that matter.

So far i'm loving the board it's really making me want to play every day.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
For what its worth, PvS is sometimes what lets you oneshot clanrats on Legend, which is kind of an important bellweather for some weapons.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If i can't get 10% power vs each race then i'll settle for pvc and pvi seeing as all the skaven count as infantry and you'd be rocking 30% power against the chaos hordes.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i got a red mace on kruber and it actually kind of owns on merc

with reikland reaper and swift slaying up it loses most of its weakness against hordes and your single target dps still feels really powerful and quick

it's no halberd but what fuckin is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Merc kruber is low key excellent and makes superb use of all Kruber's item kit, he's just not huntsman (boss killer 3000) or footman (meme magic with low-CD football tackle)