Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

bump_fn posted:

theyre very soft. her main fluff is soft but the paws are next level

to pet the paws you have to survive the claws :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

What a ridiculous goddamn creature

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

bump_fn posted:

What an amazing dust ball

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

where's izzy? (click to zoom)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

beatlegs posted:

where's izzy? (click to zoom)

he look

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

those whiskers tho

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
we have intentional snuggles with the oldest!!! :3:

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Shifty Pony posted:

well yeah an atomic monster is going to have slightly different vitals

(hope Esteban is in good health and it is all just "we need to keep an eye on it" stuff)
The art is amazing. Stay well, Esteban.

devmd01 posted:

we have intentional snuggles with the oldest!!! :3:

Pep appears to have a superhuman level of self-restraint.

e: I think the carpet at my new place is just plush enough (and waaay more than my old place) that the cat tree I bought shakes when Nermal is on it. Is there a way to get it more stable other than bolting it to the wall? I'm assuming there is something hella obvious that I'm not thinking of because not seeing the obvious solution sort of my thing.

ladyweapon fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 2, 2018

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

i would just use a few deck screws to secure it to the floor. the carpeting would hide the holes

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
tortie beans and floof

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
Tallulah just walked up and stared at me. I turned my head to look at her, she took another step closer, and she booped my nose with her nose. I could just die from how cute it was :kimchi:

beatlegs posted:

i would just use a few deck screws to secure it to the floor. the carpeting would hide the holes
That sounds like a great idea! I will do some googling around, thank you!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

description: ???
artist: shity pony
credit: own work

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rokit has been antsy lately, so when I came home after work I put the harness on him and took him into the back yard (sorry I left my phone upstairs, no photos).

It was a bit of a disaster. He started going crazy at the scents of everything (hissing, screaming, wild eyed). It took me around 30 minutes to finally be able to grab him with a towel to bring him back inside (he got out of the harness) and then another 30 or so minutes to get him back upstairs. He gets like this sometimes. To the point of where he goes completely feral. One time I was about to grab Lulu and get out of the house for a while. He's also gotten like this when I've groomed him and he sniffed his own fur and went wild. Another time when he was rubbing his face aggressively against my hand and then sniffed my hand and went crazy again (wild eyes, screaming, hissing).

I dunno what to do. He can be really sweet but he fights with Lulu a lot and this craziness seems to be happening more often. The only other time I've dealt with a cat like this before is when I was a kid and my Mom and I fed a semi-feral cat that was on the property. :(

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
u feliwaying his dumb rear end?

That sucks :( stop being a shithead rokit!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Kitty Prozac.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Re: the calendar I'm in for digital, I don't think I was on that list.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Carth Dookie posted:

Kitty Prozac.

I'm thinking of this. It doesn't help that I'm leaving for a 18 day trip next saturday though.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

u feliwaying his dumb rear end?

That sucks :( stop being a shithead rokit!

It doesn't seem to do much for him really.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

I hope Esteban is okay :( :( Sending well wishes!!

mod sassinator posted:

tortie beans and floof

beans beans beans. Please give a little squish.

blep

bump_fn posted:

Man that's one big dust bunny.

Post runs, Lucky always tries to eat me. Don't be fooled by this shot.

the prep

the strike that went wildly off.

Lucky and I went out for an Adventure since it cooled off a bit last night!

We gotta HURRY.

into the brush

No. Deeper.

A contemplation of tree climbing

Wading back so we can go home.

the most efficient method of walking home is by pushing through the bushes, and not, I dunno, walking on the sidewalk

P:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Rokit has been antsy lately, so when I came home after work I put the harness on him and took him into the back yard (sorry I left my phone upstairs, no photos).

It was a bit of a disaster. He started going crazy at the scents of everything (hissing, screaming, wild eyed). It took me around 30 minutes to finally be able to grab him with a towel to bring him back inside (he got out of the harness) and then another 30 or so minutes to get him back upstairs. He gets like this sometimes. To the point of where he goes completely feral. One time I was about to grab Lulu and get out of the house for a while. He's also gotten like this when I've groomed him and he sniffed his own fur and went wild. Another time when he was rubbing his face aggressively against my hand and then sniffed my hand and went crazy again (wild eyes, screaming, hissing).

I dunno what to do. He can be really sweet but he fights with Lulu a lot and this craziness seems to be happening more often. The only other time I've dealt with a cat like this before is when I was a kid and my Mom and I fed a semi-feral cat that was on the property. :(

have you considered jackson galaxy?

i'm serious.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

FelicityGS posted:

I hope Esteban is okay :( :( Sending well wishes!!

beans beans beans. Please give a little squish.

blep

Man that's one big dust bunny.

Post runs, Lucky always tries to eat me. Don't be fooled by this shot.

the prep

the strike that went wildly off.

Lucky and I went out for an Adventure since it cooled off a bit last night!

We gotta HURRY.

into the brush

No. Deeper.

A contemplation of tree climbing

Wading back so we can go home.

the most efficient method of walking home is by pushing through the bushes, and not, I dunno, walking on the sidewalk

P:

how many people have stopped and done literal double takes when they see your luck dragon outside

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ladyweapon posted:

Pep appears to have a superhuman level of self-restraint.

she is a very good kitty and puts up with a lot from the boys. they are slowly learning to coexist, but there is still plenty of swatting. I only step in if pepper is trying to bite or if the boys are being too rough (no grabbing tail, etc).

but seriously pepper, if you don’t want them messing with you stop flopping on the floor right between both of them, okay?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Roosevelt posted:

have you considered jackson galaxy?

i'm serious.
Yeah he might have a somewhat obnoxious personal style, but from what I understand, he's no Cesar Milan, he actually knows what he's talking about.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

to me it sounds like Rokit is prone to getting overstimulated and once he does it is a chain reaction of his reaction making him even more overstimulated, repeat, repeat, etc.

you might see about using less busy toys and play. stuff without catnip and bells. and if you are using a wire slicker brush try a zoom groom or other silicone style brush because the wire brushes are too intense for some cats.

it also seems like scents might be triggering as well so switching to perfume free detergents, hand soaps, and cleaners as well as getting rid of any air freshener products and scented candles. an activated carbon air purifier might even help. oh and obviously no outdoor trips.

gonna be a challenge because Winston just managed to get overstimulated by the cap from a bottle of cholula sauce...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

look at this handsome jerk.

yeah there is a really great cat behavioralist here in the city that I’m going to contact once I’m back. hopefully it will help. I love this little dude. sorry I was groggy and frustrated last night.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

When we got Abel, him and Kitty just didn't click. They really dislike each other. We tried all kinds of poo poo - feliway diffusers, theanine, we tried re isolating Abel and reintroducing him. Nothing was working and Kitty ended up with 3 serious bite wounds over a couple weeks.

In the end we put them both on Kitty prozac. There have been confrontations between them, but no attacks since then. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Shifty Pony posted:

gonna be a challenge because Winston just managed to get overstimulated by the cap from a bottle of cholula sauce...

Hell, same.

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation
we think there’s a birds nest on our roof

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Quality cat butlering :kimchi:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
ooof, results back from vet. not good for esteban :(

they're like "is he okay? is he eating/moving around?"

and i'm like yeah, i just took him in for a regular checkup, he's jumping around trying to start a fight with black esteban.

they're pretty sure he has pancreatitis and his "heart muscle stress/stretch" levels are literally off the chart. the chart goes from 0-100 and he's at 1500.

they want me to move up the follow to tomorrow. fantastic.

edit: "do you want to pre-pay for the echocardiogram? it's $868" wtf lady.

Beast of Bourbon fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 2, 2018

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

oh Esteban :(

Killer_B
May 23, 2005

Uh?
2018, don't you loving dare.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

gently caress, Esteban is an og

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Get better Esteban!

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Get better Esteban!

Become Besteban!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Oh man Esteban get better...

thank goodness they thought to do the blood panel. fwiw 0-100 is just the "normal" range, not the entire expected range including cats with heart problems. 1500 is well over the "get poo poo checked" threshold of 270, but calling and asking if he's still moving is kind of a :wtf: way to handle that value.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

also PMs sent for catlendar payment stuff.

nuh-uh no way and Animale I need an alternate way to get in touch with you because you don't have PMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Beast of Bourbon posted:

ooof, results back from vet. not good for esteban :(

they're like "is he okay? is he eating/moving around?"

and i'm like yeah, i just took him in for a regular checkup, he's jumping around trying to start a fight with black esteban.

they're pretty sure he has pancreatitis and his "heart muscle stress/stretch" levels are literally off the chart. the chart goes from 0-100 and he's at 1500.

they want me to move up the follow to tomorrow. fantastic.

edit: "do you want to pre-pay for the echocardiogram? it's $868" wtf lady.

Here's hoping they managed to catch it early enough to properly treat.