Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Len posted:

And too drat sensitive.

"Oh poo poo a coworker made a mistake let me get fired for assault!"

"Irish Pride! Go Celtics! Celtics suck! Go Knicks!" - Dennis Duffy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

This reads like an old fable that was translated from an incomplete language.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Zelder posted:

coworker 1 is fat as hell

And I'm willing to bet is like a fifth-generation American who still goes on and on and on and on and on about their ~Proud Irish Heritage~

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

goddamnedtwisto posted:

And I'm willing to bet is like a fifth-generation American who still goes on and on and on and on and on about their ~Proud Irish Heritage~

Bet they've never even seen Riverdance!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can see a Scot getting irritated at being called English, but Irish?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Every post referring to the angry Scot as Irish makes the original stdh funnier

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/LiberalLecter/status/1002364542335291393

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Splicer posted:

If I worked with someone who got that angry over something like that I guarantee I would gently caress with them until management had to tell me to cut it off

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I gotta say, I love the idea of a sarcastic old lady who calls her son "hoss".

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Vindolanda posted:

Are we still doing the “oh gently caress off” Not Always Right stories that might have happened?Because if so:

*struggling to stand up*

Zelder posted:

coworker 1 is fat as hell

The story clearly states the first person is being restrained by two other people once they realized the first person was quickly going to get angry

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fathis Munk posted:

How can you write something this bad an unbelievable.

I say the same thing when you post

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

oldpainless posted:

The story clearly states the first person is being restrained by two other people once they realized the first person was quickly going to get angry

joke
jōk
noun
1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in a mood to tell jokes"
synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

"Hold on, slow down, can you say that again?" I ask, fingers scrambling to bring up twitter. "I can tell you've been working all day on that one and I want to make sure I get it down verbatim."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

oldpainless posted:

I say the same thing when you post

Why oldpainless, why did you do this to me :negative:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

More like oldmerciless

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1003019513120555008

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

the only good twitter person is dril. and also this https://twitter.com/SeanRMoorhead/status/966427997447180288 everyone else on twitter are poo poo.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Biplane posted:

the only good twitter person is dril. and also this https://twitter.com/SeanRMoorhead/status/966427997447180288 everyone else on twitter are poo poo.

That was such a pro troll post.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/1003040521831485440?s=21

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Splicer posted:

[Coworker#2] was confused by the identical cultural heritages of rooting against England in every single sporting event

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jay Rust posted:

I can see a Scot getting irritated at being called English, but Irish?

Exactly what I thought. Hilarious.

And even so theyd just go "I'm not English". Just bizarre. I've seen a couple of cases of actual Scottish people laughing at Americans with vague Scottish ancestry taking it wayyyyy more seriously than they do. "Her clan sets up a booth" haha

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Yeah of all the various cultures in the British Isles I'd say the Scots are coolest with being confused with the Irish and vice versa. Even the ones with an issue just quickly correct you. As long as you don't call them English :v:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Why can't Scooby have a brother?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

This seems less like stdh and more like "who gives a gently caress"

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I will admit I didn't go to college, but wouldn't/shouldn't parents stay out of orientation?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Araenna posted:

This seems less like stdh and more like "who gives a gently caress"

I just noticed it because it has the classic stdh ending of someone almost choking on their food

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The General posted:

I will admit I didn't go to college, but wouldn't/shouldn't parents stay out of orientation?

When I went parents had their own separate events that day. I think the parents one was mostly trying to assure them that college was safe and not at all full of sexual assaults, underage drinking, theft and violence.

Of course my campus gave everyone a safety whistle and campus police said during orientation that tasers were allowed and advised buying one so I don't know how much I believe what they told parents

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

:smuggo: posted:

(I work in a factory, but mainly in the office. In other words, I’m what you would call a “white-collar worker.” Every now and then, as part of my job, I have to visit the production area.)

Coworker: “Hey, [My Name], meet [New Hire]. He’s new here, and you’ll be seeing a lot of him.”

New Hire: “Hi, it’s nice to meet you. I would shake your hand, but unfortunately, I’m all dirty right now.”

Me: “Really? Oh, no, buddy, that won’t do. I don’t believe in that kind of thinking.”

(I shake his hand, anyway, and even go in for a “bro-hug.” When I remove myself from him, both my hand and shirt are covered in dust.)

Me: “I don’t believe in office politics. Us suit-wearing stiffs aren’t nearly as important as you think. We’re all on the same team here, and I’m rooting for you.”

(Treat blue-collar workers with respect, people! Their job is just as, if not more important.)

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

We're not nearly as important, heh, I just get paid 5x as much. Alright good hustle guys *locks office door*

hate hoot
Nov 7, 2012

Truly collar-blind.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/isislovecruft/status/1003511438126694400?s=19

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I gave the filthy prole what they delightfully term a "bro-hug"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

I like how when someone calls these things out as obviously fake the response isn't "no it's not it's real", it's "why do you hate gay people???" (second comment thread).

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sweet jesus

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'm gay and that didn't happen

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Is this Elon Musk?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Is this some sort of gay code I don't know about?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I like how when someone calls these things out as obviously fake the response isn't "no it's not it's real", it's "why do you hate gay people???" (second comment thread).

Yeah, I'm hella progressive and almost didn't post it because of that. But its so obviously fake and lame, and that's dumb even when the author is on the same political/human rights side of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

"You drat a ho!"