Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

realbez posted:

the tribunal is agonising over the Fyfe thing

deliberating for 15 mins so far

Fair enough, a brownlow favourite clobbered a bloke and they need time to come up with a convincing reason to let him off with a fine, and possibly edit some video footage

That poo poo takes time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Big Footy nuffie level hot take: They're making him work for it so after he gets off they can definitively say they don't give Brownlow favourites preferential treatment.

edit: the cowdude has been tipped over

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
they took 23 minutes to throw the appeal challenge out. Fyfe gets a week.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The Gawnlow is a formality now

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
gawn wont even top the votes for the demons at the end of the year. umpires dont rate ruckmen

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Doesn’t seem like Gleeson is trying very hard to get simpkin’s suspension to stand. Hopefully they let him off, he didn’t intentionally bump imo

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Nooo not my dude Charlie!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Well Fyfe got what he deserved, dumb act.

Just adding more poop onto an already poopy season.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Simpkin got off 🙂

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

realbez posted:

Probably true about former players in glass houses, but... They’re still all right about Rance.

Yeah this. It shouldn't be "they get away with it so Rance should too!" but "Rance got what he deserved and they should too". Rance is a Good Bloke (tm) though so his reputation is fine

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Spedman posted:

Well Fyfe got what he deserved, dumb act.

Just adding more poop onto an already poopy season.

From poop will grow a mighty oak

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Schneider Inside Her posted:

From poop will grow a second Richmond premiership after the most boring finals series in history.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

It will almost certainly be a final series with Melbourne, no matter what happens it wont be boring

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The crowcast AFL podcast is reporting that the insane cult pre season camp the Crows ran was run by quack fraud scientists with made up qualifications and links to scientology and Tex organised it without the consent of the board and it was so bad that a bunch of senior players will be demanding trades at the end of the year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Well like a lot of professional athletes, Tex is just the right amount of simple to get sucked in by those kinds of scams

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This seems like lawsuit level negligence on management's part

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

racing identity posted:

The crowcast AFL podcast is reporting that the insane cult pre season camp the Crows ran was run by quack fraud scientists with made up qualifications and links to scientology and Tex organised it without the consent of the board and it was so bad that a bunch of senior players will be demanding trades at the end of the year

:munch:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

don't worry, i'm sure they'll give free magnetic wristbands or something to entice people to stay

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

racing identity posted:

This is my favourite timeline

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Tex is the one controlling the Wheel as a tool of divine revenge on all the unbelievers.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

The wheel has returned to Adelaide, with Lynch (oblique), Douglas (eye), and Laird (hand) all in doubt for the Fremantle game

Not Laird :smith: This year sucks.

racing identity posted:

Man, I really chose the right year to pay less attention to footy...

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
How legit of a source is crowscast? This is some wild poo poo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Mods please change thread icon to I Want To Believe

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
So a mod on bigfooty compiled all the free kicks over the last 15 years and turns out what everyone knew, West Coast leading by a ridiculous margin.

Nothing off here at all, nope not at all!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

put both hands in posted:

How legit of a source is crowscast? This is some wild poo poo

Somewhere in the middle I think. They've got some AFC sources that leak things to them at least, but they're not exactly double checking their info like a proper journo.

It's about to go into meltdown though, because Caro reported a month ago that Burton, the mastermind of the injury disaster, was the one who introduced the club, and probably Walker, to the Collective Minds people. He tried to do it at Brisbane, but they refused.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 5, 2018

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Nutsngum posted:

So a mod on bigfooty compiled all the free kicks over the last 15 years and turns out what everyone knew, West Coast leading by a ridiculous margin.

free.. kick... hawthorn...

:negative:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Nutsngum posted:

:rolleyes: All this chart tells me is how poo poo teams are at tackling and winning contested possessions. Because Free Kick counts always lead to success guys!!! Just look, the two most predominant grand final teams of the past decade are at the bottom of the list!

In actual news, Darling has a hairline fracture and ligaments, out 4-6 weeks.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Diet Crack posted:

:rolleyes: All this chart tells me is how poo poo teams are at tackling and winning contested possessions. Because Free Kick counts always lead to success guys!!! Just look, the two most predominant grand final teams of the past decade are at the bottom of the list!

In actual news, Darling has a hairline fracture and ligaments, out 4-6 weeks.

Who said anything about success? We're talking about being stone cold cheaters who pay off umpires with hard cash and foot rubs. Unless you want to provide a different reason that also makes sense?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Only if you provide proof of said cheating. Look I wont deny that Subi had an influence with the crowd and all, but to say we're paying them off is just loving stupid. If anything you should be miffed at the AFL for not having full time umpires who are trained properly if they can't make decisions without a home crowd influencing it.

Inb4Shueyducks

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 5, 2018

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snaeksikn posted:

free.. kick... hawthorn...

:negative:

#lmao

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Geelong’s differential is also Selwood’s number :tinfoil:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

Only if you provide proof of said cheating. Look I wont deny that Subi had an influence with the crowd and all, but to say we're paying them off is just loving stupid. If anything you should be miffed at the AFL for not having full time umpires who are trained properly if they can't make decisions without a home crowd influencing it.

Inb4Shueyducks

Then why the gently caress is Freo at the bottom with Sydney

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/TitusOReily/status/1003893103906787328?s=20

:allears:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Spedman posted:

Then why the gently caress is Freo at the bottom with Sydney

I wish there was a breakdown of what the free kicks were for, rather than just a single stat. Could have a shot at answering your question then.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also #FreeKickHawthorn isn't about them getting 50 a match, it's about how they always, always got a critical and ludicrously wrong free kick in their favour at the exact moment they needed one to save or win a game

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

I wish there was a breakdown of what the free kicks were for, rather than just a single stat. Could have a shot at answering your question then.

What do you think that would show to discredit that table? That is a large differential.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Also #FreeKickHawthorn isn't about them getting 50 a match, it's about how they always, always got a critical and ludicrously wrong free kick in their favour at the exact moment they needed one to save or win a game

Sorry about your beliefs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Free kicks for out on the full should be excluded for a start imo as the number of those where there is any controversial interpretation is negligible (a handful a year or less)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

Tex, is that you? I think Hawthorn just focus their chi on what they want to happen, let me tell you about it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

Free kicks for out on the full should be excluded for a start imo as the number of those where there is any controversial interpretation is negligible (a handful a year or less)

Yeah, that's an interesting question actually. Would love to see what they considered for the count.