Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Please oh God pardon Blago.

I want to see the cluster gently caress of bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Dexo posted:

I want to see the yet another cluster gently caress of bullshit.
Gluttony is unattractive

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Dexo posted:

I want to see the cluster gently caress of bullshit.

Pardoning Blago to own the libs is the first thing I've wanted the executive to do other than "have a stroke and die, writhing and making GBS threads on a national broadcast."

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
The 33rd Ward alderman's race is going to get a lot better if Blago's back.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1003705366381760512
:v:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
No. What are you doing.

No no no
Stop

Can't wait for that to be used in campaign ads

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

George Ryan was only sentenced to 6.5 years in prison, and his corruption had actually killed people.

I don't have a problem with Blago's sentence getting commuted at this point, when all he managed to get out of his corruption was some dick-swinging.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I don't nessecarily disagree.

But you don't say it.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Durbin's seat is a lock till he dies (and he's right behind Schumer in party leadership for the Senate). Holder's irrelevant (till he decides to run for pres).

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Good news, everyone. Rauner and pritzker are already running TV spots for the general. Only five more months!

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
http://abc7chicago.com/amp/politics/group-pushes-for-state-of-illinois-to-secede-from-chicago/3566099/

I know they're phrasing it like Illinois needs to get away from Chicago but isn't it more likely to benefit Chicago?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

withoutclass posted:

http://abc7chicago.com/amp/politics/group-pushes-for-state-of-illinois-to-secede-from-chicago/3566099/

I know they're phrasing it like Illinois needs to get away from Chicago but isn't it more likely to benefit Chicago?

Any time downstate wants to secede from Chicago it's basically them saying "we would rather be poorer if it means Democrats aren't in charge."

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
I also found it pretty funny that dude pointed to a progressive income tax(likely helping the rest of Illinois) and the potential 1% property tax hike(because of the Illinois constitution and it's debt fiasco). At least that's how I see it.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Roll downstate into Indiana but give Chicago (now Illinois) everything in the "Region" up to south bend. Everyone's happier imo.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Put the papist hordes in a reservation

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

withoutclass posted:

Uh yeah. Remember The Map? I think it's in the OP now.

Chicago and the 'burbs are sending more money to the state than they get. And there's a string of counties along the I-74 corridor that can say the same.

Nail Rat posted:

Roll downstate into Indiana but give Chicago (now Illinois) everything in the "Region" up to south bend. Everyone's happier imo.
This Normal resident would not be. :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's one of those things where you want to let them do it just to demonstrate what a stupid idea it is, but the paperwork to get it done is prohibitive and not worth the eventual smug feeling.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

xzzy posted:

It's one of those things where you want to let them do it just to demonstrate what a stupid idea it is, but the paperwork to get it done is prohibitive and not worth the eventual smug feeling.

The smug feeling is not worth two additional Republican senators.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

dwarf74 posted:

Uh yeah. Remember The Map? I think it's in the OP now.

Chicago and the 'burbs are sending more money to the state than they get. And there's a string of counties along the I-74 corridor that can say the same.

I did not know of The Map, but I am tickled to see it's existence.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

A state that just consists of downstate Illinois would be really poor.

I'm fine with it as long as they take all their debt with them. We also get Lake County.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I mean, you'd essentially turn not-Chicago-Illinois into another Indiana/Kentucky/Iowa/Kansas. So yeah, backwards as gently caress.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/sfornek/status/1004455440611192832

Rip

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Thwomp posted:

I mean, you'd essentially turn not-Chicago-Illinois into another Indiana/Kentucky/Iowa/Kansas. So yeah, backwards as gently caress.

Most of those states have decent sized cities inside them. This new state's biggest city would be Aurora :lol:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I thought Rockford was second largest in Illinois or has everyone just bailed

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Dexo posted:

I thought Rockford was second largest in Illinois or has everyone just bailed

Aurora overtook them in the mid 2000s, became official with the last census if I remember right. Rockford has stalled or shrunk.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rip my hometown

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Dexo posted:

Rip my hometown

Right there with you. I got out after high school back in the early 00s and never looked back.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I go up there for AHL games a couple times a year and it's a pretty sketch looking place.

Downtown is still decent but you gotta drive through some really beat up spots to get there.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Nic9 represent. Only good thing about growing up there is being able to claim Danica Patrick as my high school nemesis, she was a total bitch

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Auburn High we outchea.

Only good thing about growing up in Rockford is moving to Springfield and being able to say, "oh hey, it's not that much different than Rockford."

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 7, 2018

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Dexo posted:

Auburn High we outchea.

Only good thing about growing up in Rockford is moving to Springfield and being able to say, "oh hey, it's not that much different than Rockford."

Hah, Auburn High here too. Literally the only good thing, and the only reason to go back for me now is Uncle Nick's, though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lager posted:

Hah, Auburn High here too. Literally the only good thing, and the only reason to go back for me now is Uncle Nick's, though.

Whenever I go back to visit family I go to 2 places.

Linos for a pizza(boy is the pizza dire down here), and Zammutos or the Dariette for a Granita.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
Beefaroo 4evr

RIP Forest City Queen

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Clinton here, and still stuck.

Hoping to move to Bloomington sometime though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Suntimes/status/1010671345477222405?s=19

So help me loving god

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Almost as if most folks don't like rich people.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, I've never seen lt. gov. candidates' polling higher than the gov. candidates themselves--much less for both parties.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Maybe I should run, I feel like I could beat Undecided.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I like how both Rauner and Pritzker have ads out attacking each other for being rich and doing rich people poo poo. This election is going to suck and the sooner it's over the better. I don't know of any serious 3rd party candidates running, but this would be a great time to run. I remember during Blago's second run, the Green Party took in like 11% of the vote because of how much everyone hated both candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
There is a third party candidate but he’s running on a Rauner isn’t evil enough platform.