Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

merc kruber also has one btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
I've given it a go, and whilst admittedly I'm using it as an excuse to level up my criminally underlevelled Sienna, I can't replicate the speed that Fuuka is describing. I've got Natural Bond and Cauterise Wounds, but I'm just not seeing the sped up healing. What am I doing wrong?

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
I would say the biggest mistake is using a masochist’s build on easily one of the weakest careers that they are clearly using only as a persistent excuse as to why they can’t rise to the rest of their permagroup’s skill level.

:snoop:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Spent the last few weeks getting Bardin all the way to 30 as an Ironbreaker. Now I can finally play other characters again, just as soon as I re-learn how to not get hit by things.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Got my third red handgun just now. Such a lucky dog I am

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
As a gee whiz, if anyone sees players named Kedavra or SnowflakePanda

Sandbag the gently caress out of these toxic as gently caress players.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Athel was the first Legend map I played with pubs and finished.

It's not that difficult as long as you don't all wander off in random directions, mayflies.

When you do the puzzle it's absolutely necessary for your team to have your poo poo together by that point, I will agree.

I agree completely, and yet: It's the most insanely difficult Legend map.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Still giving my slot to 'most hosed up map' to Hunger in the Dark. You get all the joys of fighting a boss that spawns in impossibly narrow tunnels, but now there's also an extended segment with no visibility and no sanity checks on what kind of bullshit the game can pull in there.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Does that "Bond + 30% increasing healing talent" combo work with Merc Kruber too? Bond is always nice-sounding in theory but most of the time it plays out where one person keeps gobbling all the medkits or making everyone strain to protect them while their meager regen does nothing.

e: Tried one round with it. It didn't seem like it was as huge regen as discussed with Battle Wizard, but I also joined with less than a hit's worth of HP left so I don't know what I was expecting from it. Plus, you're giving up crit chance.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 7, 2018

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Digirat posted:

*designs career with no ranged weapon*
*designs blightstormer*

That guy likes to teleport into melee a surprising amount

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

:woop: After taking a little break I finally got my first red— executioner’s sword on Kruber! Not my favorite weapon but it’s something!

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Xaris posted:

People have reported the increased healing by 25% is actually 250%. This includes ones on like Ranger

So go crazy with increased healing talents while the fun lasts!

Good to know BW is useful by mistake, but I already figured that was the case.

Hattie Masters posted:

I've given it a go, and whilst admittedly I'm using it as an excuse to level up my criminally underlevelled Sienna, I can't replicate the speed that Fuuka is describing. I've got Natural Bond and Cauterise Wounds, but I'm just not seeing the sped up healing. What am I doing wrong?

No clue. I've even got eye witnesses across multiple maps.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Maybe it's when you're the host?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

Does that "Bond + 30% increasing healing talent" combo work with Merc Kruber too? Bond is always nice-sounding in theory but most of the time it plays out where one person keeps gobbling all the medkits or making everyone strain to protect them while their meager regen does nothing.

e: Tried one round with it. It didn't seem like it was as huge regen as discussed with Battle Wizard, but I also joined with less than a hit's worth of HP left so I don't know what I was expecting from it. Plus, you're giving up crit chance.

This works but bond is like 10 hp's a tick so you get like 13 hp's a tick so its not huge, the real benefit is when you combine it with temp health because you get huge rewards from temp health with the + healing% stuff. I've always played ranger with the 30% increased healing talent and its never insane so unless the others are broken and bardins working correctly this is a normal result. It's great to build up a temp health buffer then bond turns that into permanent health. I'm in hawaii so no matter what i'm always going to get BS and have poo poo hitting me from lag so bond is amazing because i'm never eating all of the teams healing. Hell i'm often maintaining my health level while the rest of the team is fluctuating all over from being bad without bond haha.

When i'm low on health i just play carefully until a large mass of weak enemies are near then i quickly eat their legs for a temp health buffer.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Bussamove posted:

:woop: After taking a little break I finally got my first red— executioner’s sword on Kruber! Not my favorite weapon but it’s something!

I got one of those tonight too. I'm tempted to use it simply because of just how fancy it looks, even by red standards.

If only all red illusions were this flashy.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Tagichatn posted:

Maybe it's when you're the host?

I was a client in all instances.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My idiot pubbie team rushed for the exit like leeroy on fort brack and all dies between the berserkers on the bridge and stoemvermin behind

I was very mad because all they had to do to win is take 30sec kill some trash, 2 stormvermin and 2 berserkers and then go to the exit but instead they all loving died.

It was one of the last few maps I need for waystalker on legend to get the character stuff

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
Just got kicked out a Quick Play pub run as Elf because my slashing was 'annoying'. Despite explaining that it allows me to move faster, some ham-hound got onto his mic and exclaimed NO IT DOESN'T and the kick was called. Braindead lumberfats.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Good to know BW is useful by mistake, but I already figured that was the case.

No clue. I've even got eye witnesses across multiple maps.

I tried it, I also can't say it's super fast or anything, yeah like maybe Bond does 2x as much healing per tick, which is nice, but not even close to OP. It does let me play Battle Wizard more like I play Unchained, which is spam the poo poo out of conflags, tap into health as needed, then use Ult to clear charge since it comes up faster than UC's ult. Also pro-tip, Fire Walk causes Chaos Spawn to drop dudes being eaten and it comes back pretty fast. So overall if you want to play a squishier but more powerful and regenerating UC with some more utility (boss stagger), BW does alright.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

im depressed lol posted:

Just got kicked out a Quick Play pub run as Elf because my slashing was 'annoying'. Despite explaining that it allows me to move faster, some ham-hound got onto his mic and exclaimed NO IT DOESN'T and the kick was called. Braindead lumberfats.

I would kick you anyway because it's annoying.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Voyager I posted:

Still giving my slot to 'most hosed up map' to Hunger in the Dark. You get all the joys of fighting a boss that spawns in impossibly narrow tunnels, but now there's also an extended segment with no visibility and no sanity checks on what kind of bullshit the game can pull in there.

Yeah, I just tonight wiped twice in a row on this map on Legend. We were doing just fine until we hit the dark.... then all of the sudden you're fighting hordes, storm vermin, chaos warriors, and specials that you can't even loving see until they're close enough to tickle you. Just block-spamming will protect you from a lot of poo poo, but it doesn't help when the elites instantly break your guard and then the hordes buttstab you to death.

I think the only way to do that area is to just loving CLING to the cart no matter what for the visibility, but it's easier said than done with specials running around and you HAVE to go into the dark to pick up a tome. I'm also toying with the idea of seeing if I can sell groups on deliberately stalling the cart in the last room before the dark area, to bait out a horde and reset the horde timer before starting. Dunno if it would even really work though.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

I would kick you anyway because it's annoying.
Good. Carrylian can take her services elsewhere.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Backhand posted:

Yeah, I just tonight wiped twice in a row on this map on Legend. We were doing just fine until we hit the dark.... then all of the sudden you're fighting hordes, storm vermin, chaos warriors, and specials that you can't even loving see until they're close enough to tickle you. Just block-spamming will protect you from a lot of poo poo, but it doesn't help when the elites instantly break your guard and then the hordes buttstab you to death.

I think the only way to do that area is to just loving CLING to the cart no matter what for the visibility, but it's easier said than done with specials running around and you HAVE to go into the dark to pick up a tome. I'm also toying with the idea of seeing if I can sell groups on deliberately stalling the cart in the last room before the dark area, to bait out a horde and reset the horde timer before starting. Dunno if it would even really work though.

Just remember to not enter the darkness until you've killed the horde. Walk the cart into the darkness until the first lever then run back to the drop down and kill everything THEN run to the cart and hit the lever. If you got auto targeting ults throw them into the darkness to pull static spawns out also.

I hate when people in champ do stupid poo poo then say IT'S ONLY CHAMPION! Yeah its only champion until we loving wipe--take the extra 8 seconds there's no reason to rush.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

im depressed lol posted:

I'm sure you're way better at the game than I am, but you sound kind of obnoxious to play with.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
lol

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

im depressed lol posted:

Wait, what? She moves faster if you slash continuously?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

When you're swinging the daggers you move slightly faster, like when charging the Spear attacks.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Xaris posted:

I tried it, I also can't say it's super fast or anything, yeah like maybe Bond does 2x as much healing per tick, which is nice, but not even close to OP. It does let me play Battle Wizard more like I play Unchained, which is spam the poo poo out of conflags, tap into health as needed, then use Ult to clear charge since it comes up faster than UC's ult. Also pro-tip, Fire Walk causes Chaos Spawn to drop dudes being eaten and it comes back pretty fast. So overall if you want to play a squishier but more powerful and regenerating UC with some more utility (boss stagger), BW does alright.

You've grasped the essence of it, yes. I also keep forgetting to mention the charge has some pretty powerful on point CC for it, so thank you. If you aim the teleport right it'll even stun entire patrols. Saving it for clutch stuns can be worthwhile over simply using it to cooldown whenever.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

I'm sure you're way better at the game than I am, but you sound kind of obnoxious to play with.

I am a child of Ethan Allen. I'll not be bested by frustrating Ikea lumberflies.

AndyElusive posted:

Wait, what? She moves faster if you slash continuously?

Yeah with certain weapons. Two-handed sword too. Sienna and Bardin also move faster if you swing dagger/dual axes in the sameish way.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
this is a cool game and gently caress all rats

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

im depressed lol posted:

Ravenfood posted:

I'm sure you're way better at the game than I am, but you sound kind of obnoxious in general.

Fixed.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Aye, piss and moans make for good rootmulch!

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Honestly I hate the stupid spear etc. movement mostly just because it means you hear Kerillian's insufferable poo poo "We're at this place" dialogues 100x more than all the other characters, as if the game doesn't feel bugged to have her constantly talking more in the first place. Seriously though it's almost astounding how much more enjoyable the game is when you've gotten that once in a blue moon match with no elf, no more edgy teenager dialogue constantly going off, no more TAK DER EYES LAMBARFARTS ability callouts cutting off everyone else's dialogues.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 7, 2018

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Everyone is playing Legend now? I guess I should try, just afraid it'll be full of severely autistic people screaming at you over voice chat for deviating one millimeter from the preapproved plan.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Phlegmish posted:

Everyone is playing Legend now? I guess I should try, just afraid it'll be full of severely autistic people screaming at you over voice chat for deviating one millimeter from the preapproved plan.

My main experiences on Legend are either a) nobody talks or b) 2-3 of the other players are a group on Discord or something and they might talk to you like three times over the course of the game to tell you where they're going.

Players are mostly pretty competent, though pubbies still gonna pub.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Phlegmish posted:

Just play whatever difficulty feels good, everything's populated.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Well, Champion feels a bit too easy most of the time, but I like that you have some leeway and don't have to be on point 100% of the time, especially after a long day at work. I still want to try Legend, I'll give it a go as soon as I find that red trinket that's been eluding me for so long.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

She is a grandma idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Phlegmish posted:

Well, Champion feels a bit too easy most of the time, but I like that you have some leeway and don't have to be on point 100% of the time, especially after a long day at work. I still want to try Legend, I'll give it a go as soon as I find that red trinket that's been eluding me for so long.

I wish there was a difficulty in between champ and Legend. Champ is a for sure thing for me but I still take damage for bullshit reasons, and I can't imagine losing Legend runs over dumb game issues feels great.