Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Mistle posted:

Uh, the pedos copied him because children trusted him and saw him and his style on TV, not the other way around. Perhaps the secret side curse of Mr. Rogers: giving pedos a vector for preying on children.

My recollection of catholic processes is a bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure sainthood is reserved for catholics.

Beatification, maybe, but not sainthood.

That didn’t stop them from making Hypatia a saint.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mistle posted:

Uh, the pedos copied him because children trusted him and saw him and his style on TV, not the other way around. Perhaps the secret side curse of Mr. Rogers: giving pedos a vector for preying on children.

My recollection of catholic processes is a bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure sainthood is reserved for catholics.

Beatification, maybe, but not sainthood.

Time to break some rules. :colbert:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

holy gently caress, from the sexual assault thread

K. Waste posted:

http://scifiscripts.com/msol/LEON.txt

spoilering because i'm not gonna suffer anyone to look at this if they don't need precise confirmation that, "Yes, Besson really did think this was a good idea."

The_end
May 17, 2014

Shageletic posted:

Kind of like the under age gang band in IT.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shageletic posted:

What the gently caress is this? Who are these people

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah, the Director’s cut didn’t have that scene but it’s heavily implied Mathilda & Leon were going to gently caress.

Remember that director Luc Besson was dating a girl over half his age at the time he wrote Leon: The Professional.

”Wikipedia” posted:

Besson's second wife was actress and director Maïwenn Le Besco, who was 15 when they began dating in 1991.

I love that movie, but :allbuttons:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Luc besson is a director and the guy who made Leon, which is what that scene would have been from

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Bloop posted:

a famous movie about a hitman who ends up being the guardian to a little girl. iirc young natalie portman's first film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQqoExfQsg

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oh ok I've never seen that

What the gently caress

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The_end posted:

Kind of like the under age gang band in IT.

At least, and I cannot believe I'm about to say this, those were all kids.

That script is about a 40 year-old man loving a 10 year-old.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

The Bloop posted:

Oh ok I've never seen that

What the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn0d095M_ks

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they're strangely ok with that kind of thing in France. just look at the current president for an example.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

uber_stoat posted:

they're strangely ok with that kind of thing in France. just look at the current president for an example.

gently caress you, Macron is NOT my president, and it's extremely unfair to judge an entire country by its head of state. You can't say all germans are weird scheming closet nazis with no sense of humor, bent on destroying europe for the 5th tim... okay wrong example, you can't say that all Brits are weirdly asexual nonce enablers tha... okay I need to work on that, call you later

anyway my point is I find Luc Besson as disgusting as any of you.

edit : bonus luc besson parody
edit 2 : it's in french, but I swear it's fun

Creamed Cormp fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 7, 2018

The_end
May 17, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

At least, and I cannot believe I'm about to say this, those were all kids.

That script is about a 40 year-old man loving a 10 year-old.

I wonder if the professional's author was also coked out of his head when writing.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Why the gently caress would you move over? Also tow trucks are goddamn huge and heavy if someone gets hit the mf dying isn't gonna be the one in the tow truck

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

Why the gently caress would you move over? Also tow trucks are goddamn huge and heavy if someone gets hit the mf dying isn't gonna be the one in the tow truck

When they're hooking up the car they're sometimes on the road?

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
You realize they get out of the trucks to hook up cars right?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Sitting in my office chair is slowly killing me can I please get a tee and a novelty defaced flag

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jedrick posted:

You realize they get out of the trucks to hook up cars right?

It's implied to me that you're going to move out of the way of a giant truck stopped in the middle of the road

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I always thought it was spelled Memestains.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

Blue Train posted:

It's implied to me that you're going to move out of the way of a giant truck stopped in the middle of the road

It just means slow down and stay in the lane furthest from the truck while passing. While it seems like common sense, you'd be surprised how many people don't get this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

uber_stoat posted:

its so weird. god drat europe poo poo like this is why you cant be trusted

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Now I remember where I've seen this guy before.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Rick's picks phat beets, what cursed properties am I missing? Seems blessed.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Milo and POTUS posted:

its so weird. god drat europe poo poo like this is why you cant be trusted

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If he was in Europe he'd be a prince or king

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Lmao at Hamilton guy blowing smoke in a child’s face

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Qwq91 a l 1 QAAS QQ S!1QQ1112 ZZZ SVADV S

This is real I almost worked for a guy that smoked a tow truck driver in Florida drunk as gently caress and since he was a millionaire pro golfer or something only got a year of house arrest and a poo poo ton of probation

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Harry Potter should do something

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blue Train posted:

Harry Potter should do something

The law is very clear on Miranda Rights. His hands are tied.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:smith:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Agreed

We need to get our poo poo together

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

America is cursed as gently caress :911:

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

When I was a kid in Germany(1980s), we would do all these nuclear war drills because the US was supposedly going to blow us all up at any given day. We were instructed to curl into a ball under our desks. Even at 5 years old, I knew the whole act was silly. I asked my dad why we duck and cover with our heads between our legs, and he said "so you can kiss your own rear end goodbye".

The whole situation was a depressing one and scary to a kid but I can't imagine needing to sing myself a nursery rhyme about an active shooter in my school, coming to shoot us all like sitting ducks, and using it as a tool to maybe survive.

That image is cursed as gently caress but it's also a hard slap of reality upside my head. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Guys we literally had the same procedure in the 90s before school shootings were a thing. C'mon.