Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm arc mines and I've been using the rare lightning wand I got from a lvl 30ish temple all the way into yellow maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Lechtansi posted:

OK, so im doing my first ever arc totem build and i finally hit maps as a hierophant. Whats a good mapping wand to use until i can farm up enough c for shimmeron?

anything with 70%+ lightning/spell damage, 20%+ cast speed, and some amount of crit chance

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Lechtansi posted:

OK, so im doing my first ever totem build and i finally hit maps as a hierophant. Whats a good mapping wand to use until i can farm up enough c for shimmeron?

I'm happily clearing yellow maps on Arc Totem with two random not-particularly-great rare wands.

That's without Wrath on either, Arc totems wrecks face without the expensive extras.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just so y'all know, tier 3 item rooms in the temple (museum of artifacts) can be stupidly profitable

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
What's the current strategy for atlas? Just fill it out completely?

Also, is the map stash tab worth it?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Also what are some tips for incursion temple rooms? Which room upgrades are must haves? Just looking for ways to increase my returns on it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

moush posted:

Can't help you with the Atlas as I've never finished it, but the map stash is very much worth it IMO.

E: Get it on sale.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Lechtansi posted:

OK, so im doing my first ever arc totem build and i finally hit maps as a hierophant. Whats a good mapping wand to use until i can farm up enough c for shimmeron?

May I suggest Literally Any Dagger/Sceptre with Attack Speed plus a shield with spell crit and life, so you can use shield charge?

I see absolutely zero reason to use wands until you actually possess dual Shimmerons. It just hinders your mobility for no benefit.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

moush posted:

i always just fill it out because i get super bored running the same 3 maps for hours a day for 2 months. elder ring is dead but you can do an elder blob thing if you want.

100% worth it

Zotix posted:

Also what are some tips for incursion temple rooms? Which room upgrades are must haves? Just looking for ways to increase my returns on it.
the obvious ones are all good. currency, map, storage, jewelry, corruption at t3

ive found breach to be fairly disappointing after the nerf.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Mentat Radnor posted:

May I suggest Literally Any Dagger/Sceptre with Attack Speed plus a shield with spell crit and life, so you can use shield charge?

I see absolutely zero reason to use wands until you actually possess dual Shimmerons. It just hinders your mobility for no benefit.

Attack speed doesn't help this build in any way does it? Totems are spells so need casting speed from everything I can see.

For movement I liked shield charge with blood magic in prior builds, but this time I'm using 35% movement speed (30% boots, 5% helm) plus another 6% boot enchant if I haven't taken a hit recently, and then use lightning warp to navigate elevations and skip traps etc. With faster casting and reduced duration it fires pretty fast and you can teleport to the very edge of the screen.

Awesome! posted:

ive found breach to be fairly disappointing after the nerf.

I was wondering what was up with breaches. They are almost boring now and a T3 breach room only drops a few shards even with 3 breaches. When & why did they get nerfed? I really enjoyed the chaos of the swarms of purple dudes.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

The Locator posted:

Attack speed doesn't help this build in any way does it? Totems are spells so need casting speed from everything I can see.

For movement I liked shield charge with blood magic in prior builds, but this time I'm using 35% movement speed (30% boots, 5% helm) plus another 6% boot enchant if I haven't taken a hit recently, and then use lightning warp to navigate elevations and skip traps etc. With faster casting and reduced duration it fires pretty fast and you can teleport to the very edge of the screen.

I was wondering what was up with breaches. They are almost boring now and a T3 breach room only drops a few shards even with 3 breaches. When & why did they get nerfed? I really enjoyed the chaos of the swarms of purple dudes.

Shield charge is a function of your move speed and attack speed. More of either makes you faster. It's why people use brightbeak for shield charging

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

The Locator posted:

The speed of Shield Charge, both how fast it travels and the speed of the recovery animation, is dependent on both movement speed and attack speed. Try it out for yourself. Grab a weapon with no local attack speed on it, and a Brightbeak, and try shield charging with each. You might be a bit blown away by the difference.

The reason I give it such importance on Arc Totem Hiero (which I'm playing this league, 88 at the moment) is that at least in yellow maps your clear speed is limited only by your totem placement speed and how fast you can move. Arc pretty much 1- or 2-shots everything and your totems last 17 seconds so maxxing shield charge speed is the way to go for fast mapping.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 7, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Locator posted:

i think they still have the same number of dudes they just drop less stuff now

although i did get a skin of the loyal from a random chalupa breach in a peninsula so i dont hate them

i assume they got nerfed to break the community's love affair with them. now they wont get death threats when zana doesnt offer breach for 3 months

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Awesome! posted:

i think they still have the same number of dudes they just drop less stuff now

although i did get a skin of the loyal from a random chalupa breach in a peninsula so i dont hate them

i assume they got nerfed to break the community's love affair with them. now they wont get death threats when zana doesnt offer breach for 3 months

Breaches in the temple feel really anemic

Occasionally breaches out in maps can feel pretty good, with 10-12 splinters pretty often

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah the temple breach room feels real fuckin bad with the low/nonexistant quantity on the temple itself.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
I found an Exalted orb today. Spent half of it on this.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Mentat Radnor posted:

The speed of Shield Charge, both how fast it travels and the speed of the recovery animation, is dependent on both movement speed and attack speed. Try it out for yourself. Grab a weapon with no local attack speed on it, and a Brightbeak, and try shield charging with each. You might be a bit blown away by the difference.

The reason I give it such importance on Arc Totem Hiero (which I'm playing this league, 88 at the moment) is that at least in yellow maps your clear speed is limited only by your totem placement speed and how fast you can move. Arc pretty much 1- or 2-shots everything and your totems last 17 seconds so maxxing shield charge speed is the way to go for fast mapping.

Ok, I was making the wrong connection (i.e. with the Totem part of the build, not with your movement skill). I was aware of the way it worked with shield charge as I used that exact thing on a prior build with shield charge as my movement skill and Brightbeak, I just completely failed to make the connection to the movement skill rather than the core damage skill!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

what the gently caress is murdering my flicker strike dude when fighting the omnitecht

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Standing under it (which you'll constantly be while flickering) gives you a stacking dot. Switch to a different attack option that lets you stand to the side.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Noper Q posted:

Standing under it (which you'll constantly be while flickering) gives you a stacking dot. Switch to a different attack option that lets you stand to the side.

but... bosses are the time the screen kinda doesn't blur :(

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Raid the temple with Hotline Miami 1/2 soundtrack for the best experience in Wraeclast

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

turboraton posted:

Raid the temple with Hotline Miami 1/2 soundtrack for the best experience in Wraeclast

i mean every incursion is basically a hotline miami mission right down to brutal murder, theft, and unauthorized stonemasonry

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Looking for a guild invite if there are any spots free. Charname is PissPotion.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

That poe.ninja builds thing is going to be the freaking death of me. It’s made me realize that two out of three of my characters were accudentally the biggest flavors of the month and my totally not made up special snowflake syndrome is firing on all cylinders

On the other hand, wow is that ever a cool tool for hunting for and classifying build ideas.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
The museum of artefacts gave me a piece of the tempests binding. This league is amazing. I am glad im playing softcore though because every now and again I get deleted seconds after zoning into an incursion.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So, I just had this drop for me. Any idea of what I could realistically get for these?

nerox
May 20, 2001

Zotix posted:

So, I just had this drop for me. Any idea of what I could realistically get for these?

http://poe.trade/search/ototohaogasiar similar boots are up for 3ex+.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Zotix posted:

Corrupt them! :unsmigghh:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Chaos res is going to be in demand this league, especially with how hard Ancient Constructs hit.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Velveteen posted:

I actually don't use path of building. I just pick my skill points off poeskilltree and then change around as I play the character. I'll tell you what I have and you can calculate the dps yourself with pathofbuilding.

Current tree is: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr..._GK8rj8xf1u_94=

Chin Sol for weapon, Hrimsorrow for conversion. If you have lioneye's fall replace the leech circle with the claw half circle for leech.
5L using vaal rain of arrows, physical projectile damage, weapon elemental damage, cold penetration, slower projectiles. Since rain of arrows isn't a projectile it doesn't get slowed down but still gains the damage from projectile attacks. Not sure what I want for the last link, probably faster attacks.

I'm only converting 65% using temple gloves (might want to look into that) but added cold is the best damage support for me. You could also consider either of the crit gems and swapping to conc for bosses.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

:eyepop:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I'm toying around the idea of using a single Poet's Pen with Fireball, Elemental Hit (AoF + Jewels), and Elementalist. The idea being that both are high flat damage abilities that scale from increased attack speed. Load up on aspd/fire% and just go. Could probably get the attack speed to a reasonable level, too. Might not be 4 APS but close to it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
How does ES recharge interact with Eldritch Battery? Constantly on or?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Lechtansi posted:

Heartbreaker dagger is a solid choice until you can get something nicer. You'll get culling strike, and the added mana and energy shield is good for a hiero.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Oh, and those boots have room for one additional mod too.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Hamburger Test posted:

I'm only converting 65% using temple gloves (might want to look into that) but added cold is the best damage support for me. You could also consider either of the crit gems and swapping to conc for bosses.

Wait, added cold? That doesn't sound right.Is it because the conversion is only at 65% you're only taking around half the effectiveness of cold penetration and weapon elemental damage? Or is added cold just that good. I'll give it a try.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Velveteen posted:

Wait, added cold? That doesn't sound right.Is it because the conversion is only at 65% you're only taking around half the effectiveness of cold penetration and weapon elemental damage? Or is added cold just that good. I'll give it a try.

What? Added cold support scales with both of those. Also it is very good, they buffed it 2-3 leagues ago. Of course it really needs the gem levels to be worth it.

E:
Hadn't actually looked at your tree, you're grabbing more phys scaling than I would. Deadly Draw is fairly strong, but I wouldn't take Heavy Draw on a non bleed build, and Will of Blades is not very good. If you didn't have those I would have skipped PPAD as well. But in this case I can see Added Cold might not be as attractive.

My tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...rj9bv4K_o_-uv_e

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 7, 2018

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vasudus posted:

So I'm toying around the idea of using a single Poet's Pen with Fireball, Elemental Hit (AoF + Jewels), and Elementalist. The idea being that both are high flat damage abilities that scale from increased attack speed. Load up on aspd/fire% and just go. Could probably get the attack speed to a reasonable level, too. Might not be 4 APS but close to it.

Feels if you're going to use one poets pen you might as well use two.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I actually beat red Elder last night, first time for me. Took three tries and the fucker didn't drop poo poo, but still.

Also randomly alch'd a pair of spiked gloves that I then sold for 2ex.

Suddenly, currency???

e: oh and I enchanted my helm and hit the lightning spire hits an additional area so I should probably sell that for another couple ex

theshim fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

I left my first red elder for this morning and he dropped a shimmeron's (5ex) and a watcher's eye with +1.5 crit with hatred (10ex)

Thanks Elder!