Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

skate 4 but the gear has stats and if you want to get into a group to raid the final skate park you better loving have a skater score of at least i180

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Taintrunner posted:

Skate 4 but every combo fills a meter to unlock a new lootbox of sk8tr g3ar

sk8tr g3ar for your sk8tr b0i

Kyron
Aug 6, 2013

New leak hosed up if true

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Just skip straight to Sk8, all the cool kids are doing it! Don't you want to be cool like Fallout?

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought the whole point of the first-person improvements in the updated GTAV release was specifically for VR, but then last year when I was thinking of getting a PSVR I saw pretty much nothing I wanted to use it with actually supported it. No GTA, no Fallout 4, it seemed like the only game that supported it and wasn't a just a PSVR exclusive "game" was the updated Skyrim.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bango skank posted:

I thought the whole point of the first-person improvements in the updated GTAV release was specifically for VR, but then last year when I was thinking of getting a PSVR I saw pretty much nothing I wanted to use it with actually supported it. No GTA, no Fallout 4, it seemed like the only game that supported it and wasn't a just a PSVR exclusive "game" was the updated Skyrim.

Wipeout collection is supposed to be good in it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah there's some good PSVR exclusives at this point, and I say that as an Oculus user.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm probably gonna pick up a used psvr to play dreams, and I guess RE7 is never getting a VR mode on PC so that too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'll get Dreams if the campaign is cool because if LBP is any indication, half the user content will be remaking Mario 1-1 and the other half will be achievement farming

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Today I learned the head of Media Molecule made the first non-Valve game put on Steam.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Actually, Monkey Island 2's ending might be up there as one of the greatest, as it's a perfect execution of what the game built up to. I also am a fan of how Deadly Premonition ends. The first season of Walking Dead's ending... Portal 2....

drat that's a deep cut but I agree that Monkey Island 2 might have the greatest video game ending of all time. So loving weird and good and perfect

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Today I learned the head of Media Molecule made the first non-Valve game put on Steam.
yeah and its loving AWFUL

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMxyAh4t4xo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Come on you bastards, give us Duke Nukem Forever 2. We're due.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Rarity posted:

Nah, Duke deserves to stay dead.

Caleb, on the other hand, needs to live again...

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 9, 2018

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
y'all thought i wouldn't post it this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysno8xdJWo

Orv
May 4, 2011
Thought, hoped, same thing really.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Rarity posted:

I always believe in Duke Nukem 5, and Half-Life 3. They're gonna happen. I got a good feeling about this.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Duke Nukem will return, but it will never be as good as 3D.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Tough to top, in general tough when comparing things to those 90s trailblazers. Will a 3D Mario game ever top 64? Hasn't happened yet in my book, Odyssey was fun though.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

bango skank posted:

VR games simply don't sell all that well, don't expect much more.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

y'all thought i wouldn't post it this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysno8xdJWo

how in the world did g4 ever produce something with this high of production quality

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Sk4te? Psh, there's not enough conference time for that. The world demands to know what's Alex Hunter up to. Alex Hunter!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

nopantsjack posted:

uh actually its shadows die twice and Bloodborne: Pandemic, a multiplatform open world bloodborne action-MMO

It's called BloodBegot, dude. Please don't gently caress with this.

Orv posted:

You had to open your loving mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0RsNS6-kQw

Jesus tapdancing christ. :suicide:

Quest For Glory II posted:

If TLOU's ending is the greatest ending to a videogame then gaming has a long way to go as a medium

by the way the best ending is Strider 2014 because you surf on the final boss's dead body back to Earth

To be fair, I think the medium basically 'arrived' with TLoU's ending, which is commonly referred to as one of the most self-contained and theme appropriate denouements in all of interactive media. To the point where people didn't want a sequel. To the point where the devs hadn't even considered making one until years later.

Anyways, I've gotten caught in these debates far too often, but I will not go without saying that TLoU's multiplayer alone is better than most full games.

Real hurthling! posted:

Happy e3mas eve

Real hurthling! posted:

Happy e3mas eve

Real hurthling! posted:

Happy e3mas eve

Real hurthling! posted:

Happy e3mas eve

Real hurthling! posted:

Happy e3mas eve

Real hurthling! posted:

Happy e3mas eve

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rarity posted:

Supposedly, thats Microsoft's big secret special announcement that stretches their conference to 2 hours.

I'm not even kidding. Its kind of perfect. The Xbones final attempt to be relevant is giving us more Duke Nukem.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fulchrum posted:

Supposedly, thats Microsoft's big secret special announcement that stretches their conference to 2 hours.

I'm not even kidding. Its kind of perfect. The Xbones final attempt to be relevant is giving us more Duke Nukem.

If it's good it's worth it. If not, ehhh...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Colonial Marines 2 would be more likely, at least someone still cares about the Alien IP

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

If it's good it's worth it. If not, ehhh...

If you want a good Duke Nukem game, just wait for Ion Maiden to come out.

Or at least a Duke Nukem game made by anyone but Gearbox.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Edit: Whoops, wrong thread.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Thumbs up for using the Build engine, but lol early access.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Imho there's nothing wrong with a relatively small studio using early access to generate hype for a game that has a concrete release timetable and regular updates.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I've never understood why Sony so consistently has their conference after everyone else but it sure does allow them to dunk on MS a lot

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I've never understood why Sony so consistently has their conference after everyone else but it sure does allow them to dunk on MS a lot

I assumed that was precisely why they go after everyone else. The only reason they probably still go before Nintendo is because, in a good year, Nintendo can create a lot of noise that will stick for days after their conference for just a few titles.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think I'm going to miss every conference this year except the Monday evening trash pile of Ubisoft and Squeenix.

I'm... Ok with this.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Steve2911 posted:

I think I'm going to miss every conference this year except the Monday evening trash pile of Ubisoft and Squeenix.

I'm... Ok with this.

I'll be missing Microsoft which gives me mixed feelings. On the one hand, they're one of the major players having a horse in the console race and all. On the other, their horse just laid down on the track and hasn't moved for a couple years. They can only distract us by lowering cars on stage for so long. I doubt I'll be missing a whole lot.

EA is today, yeah? I hope everyone's jazzed up for sports games and fake, staged demos. I know I am.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jun 9, 2018

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Or at least a Duke Nukem game made by anyone but Gearbox.

Ion Maiden is a really good name for a video game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fulchrum posted:

I'm sorry, friends. I should know some things shouldn't be joked about.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ion Maiden is a really good name for a video game

It's one of those names that you know someone is smug about thinking of. And quite frankly it's justified.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anthem will be the last bioware game ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DoctorGonzo posted:

anthem will be the last bioware game ever

Well it's an MMO, so... yeah pretty much. There is no safe exit strategy from that kind of slow death.

• Locked thread