Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Bert Roberge posted:

If there isn't at least one Mothman reference I will be disappointed.

On the map was a place named "Mothman Museum"

https://i.imgur.com/xiy8qYe.png

Otacon fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MadJackal posted:

I really want to just cross post arguments from the E3 thread of "Gaming today is horrible and stagnant! No one tries anything new!" vs this thread's "All I want is another iteration of Fallout 3/4! (Both of which sucked btw.) How dare they add new gameplay features I'm pessimistic about!"

Okay, but they're not doing something new. They're just slapping the Fallout aesthetic onto a Rust clone. It's not so much innovation as it is a genre shift, like turning Pokemon into a first person shooter. People who like FPS's will be happy, people who enjoy Pokemon games for what they already are will not be.

Also, we all want another New Vegas, not another Fallout 3/4, if you were paying attention to this thread you'd know that :colbert:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Your Computer posted:

My life doesn't hinge on this being a "proper" Fallout game

Must be nice.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i think the game looks fine and the concepts involved look neat but i also think i'm a bit of an odd duck here because i never really liked new vegas that much so V:v:V

Otacon posted:

On the map was a place named "Mothman ____" but I didn't see the second word

i am like 99% sure that the black silouhette of a monster with big red eyes and antenna was a mothman

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

Actually what we want is another New Vegas, which was actually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWu-32hR4GY&t=36s

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

I like how their only "engine upgrade" appears to be slapping an ENB filter over things and upping the distant LOD. This game is going to chug like a motherfucker.

And multiplayer working at all on Bethesda's incestuous frankenstein pile of code is a very amusing thought.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, we all want another New Vegas, not another Fallout 3/4, if you were paying attention to this thread you'd know that :colbert:
https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1006016440569233408

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
They can make all the bad guys into bullet sponges because its a multiplayer game.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I don't see where people are getting that this is going to be like borderlands or destiny or the division.

Those games had quest givers and NPCs you could interact with, this game had literally none of those things in the gameplay trailer.

This is like Fallout: rust or ark just like the early leak said.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tenzarin posted:

They can make all the bad guys into bullet sponges because its a multiplayer game.

If you decide to play as a bad guy do you become a bullet sponge? Because if being a nigh immortal raider boss is an option I might actually play this game.

Love you too, bae.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I'm that guy that plays Fallout 4 with 175 mods, so I'm pretty disappointed. :smith:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Tenzarin posted:

Go back and give Point Lookout another run - learn all about bullet sponge enemies. This time you'll have no console commands to cut out the tedium.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I don't see where people are getting that this is going to be like borderlands or destiny or the division. This is like Fallout: rust or ark just like the early leak said.
The first sentence is what we were all hoping would be announced if it had to be online at all. The second sentence is what we all ended up with.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

They've shown landmarks that are in all different parts of the state.

I guess there's the New River Gorge bridge, the capitol, and maybe the Green Bank telescope.

Any other landmarks?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
like, maybe i'm weird, but my favorite part of fallout games has been exploring a weird postapocalyptic wilderness with interesting setpieces here and there? the story never really grabbed me

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Whether it's closer to Rust, TES: Online, or Destiny, either way it is not what I was hoping for and not particularly interesting to me. I would legit prefer an HD remaster of FO3 over this.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bert Roberge posted:

I guess there's the New River Gorge bridge, the capitol, and maybe the Green Bank telescope.

Any other landmarks?

They showed a WVU building. And the Grafton Monster. And some place on the eastern part along the VA border.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Go back and give Point Lookout another run - learn all about bullet sponge enemies. This time you'll have no console commands to cut out the tedium.

gently caress.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

At least Mothman is confirmed :unsmith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

President Ark posted:

like, maybe i'm weird, but my favorite part of fallout games has been exploring a weird postapocalyptic wilderness with interesting setpieces here and there? the story never really grabbed me
exploring and looting are definitely some of my favorite things

part of the fun of that is the solitariness of it and doing stuff at my own pace though, which is one of the reasons I'm just not fond of multiplayer games in general. It remains to be seen how intrusive the online is in the game but it's probably gonna be too much for me :(

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

At least now I can save the money from the Destiny 2 year 2 expansion and get FO76 instead, woop.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Sweet, a mockery of what fallout once was. For their lack of writing ability, Bethesda fully grasps irony.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm the part of the fallout game where dropping a nuke is just a cute fun troll on other players

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

My computer still groans in pain when I step into the denser urban environments of FO4; I can't imagine trying to PVP a bunch of sociopathic teenagers in a game that visibly chugged during the goddamn gameplay trailer.

And I hate to be all "My Immersions!!1" but there's basically no multiplayer shooter that doesn't look extremely unnatural because every kid is bunnyhopping and doing other annoying poo poo that completely kills the feel of the game.

Also... I want to be alone when I play Fallout. I'm the sort of person who doesn't even like companions 90% of the time because I just enjoy the atmosphere of wandering the wasteland alone. Having weedlordbonerhitlerxxx69 griefing my settlement because his stepdad doesn't love him is not really the gameplay experience I want.

I really want this to be a good game (from my admittedly narrow and completely subjective viewpoint), but I don't really have high hopes atm.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I noticed it was already chugging when they showed off four people going into the silo controls.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

MadJackal posted:

I really want to just cross post arguments from the E3 thread of "Gaming today is horrible and stagnant! No one tries anything new!" vs this thread's "All I want is another iteration of Fallout 3/4! (Both of which sucked btw.) How dare they add new gameplay features I'm pessimistic about!"

How is this ‘new’?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm the part of the fallout game where dropping a nuke is just a cute fun troll on other players

lol, yeah

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

vandalism posted:

Sweet, a mockery of what fallout once was. For their lack of writing ability, Bethesda fully grasps irony.

Fallout 3 and 4 were crap. New Vegas was the only one besides 1&2 that was any good.

I welcome this change because it can't be any worse than 3 & 4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fallout 1, 3, New Vegas, and 4 are good. Fallout 2 is one of the most broken games I've ever played.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

FO76 will only be good if they pull the ultimate swerve and the presentation was all a lie, you actually play as Mothman.

vandalism posted:

Brother Entropy posted:

Also yeah this is dumb as gently caress, Fallout, you know, that game about nuclear proliferation.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raged posted:

I welcome this change because it can't be any worse than 3 & 4

There's one thing you're forgetting:

Bethesda. Bethesda never changes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I looked through the talk again and found the part about regions. He said there will be "six distinct regions, each with their own style, risks and rewards" which makes it sound a lot like separate maps. But maybe that's just me? It would solve the "how are you supposed to get around if this is 4x bigger than FO4" issue.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Skyrim Very Special edition is real.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1006027964050370560

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

MadJackal posted:

It's a confirmation that we're closer to a sequel to what very might well be the most popular multi-platform game of the past decade, which has held up stupidly well.

Yeah, I'd cheer too.

Oh wait I realized the most important part: don't you see how low this sets the bar?

frugalmaster
Jun 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
If it was an actual MMOFPS it could be interesting.

It's definetly not an MMOFPS is it?

I can imagine a fallout:borderlands being good but this isn't that is it. I didn't even see gear drops...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hang on

Forget every poo poo talking thing I've said so far.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Yardbomb posted:

Also yeah this is dumb as gently caress, Fallout, you know, that game about nuclear proliferation.

Indeed, you'd never launch a nuke in any of the past games.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
fallout 76 is supposed to have a couple dozen dudes on a server, it ain't an mmo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Probably between GTA online and pubg sized

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

Glad to see Todd's sticking to his guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hold up.

That's a West Tek bag. As in the company that the BOS worked with before Mariposa.