Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Liquid Communism posted:

Hold up.

That's a West Tek bag. As in the company that the BOS worked with before Mariposa.

On a similar note,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

More tomorrow

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1006035586182889472?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Pirate Jet posted:

Oh man

They didn't specify "no microtransactions" for this one did they

Fuuuuuuuck
There are definitely some kind of microtransactions, that Power Armor Edition comes with some kind of $10 online card

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Capn Beeb posted:

On a similar note,

That'd be a neat callback to Van Buren

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Can't wait for everything to cost some kind of crazy inflated currency so another game can push SharkVaultcards.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rinkles posted:

That'd be a neat callback to Van Buren

Between this, the pipboy design, the T-51b taking the spotlight, seems there's quite a bit of reverence for pre-Beth Fallout here.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lol there's gonna be no npcs that arn't shooting at you.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I can understand them EXPANDING the Fallout series beyond being just an RPG, so they can have a whole slew of products in the Fallout universe. I can deal with a totally new genre of game, however this already feels dated for something that's chasing a trend. It's about PUBG now, Rust is like a 2 year old trend. Oh well, maybe it fits the setting if it's a little outdated :haw:

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 11, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can they let another studio take a crack at a fallout game? Not just Obsidian, but other studios as well.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dre2Dee2 posted:

It's about PUBG now

Even Plubgrub already got poo poo on, it's all about Fortnite who swooped right in and ate their lunch now.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I just realized there's gonna be a bunch of voice actors who have no idea how to do a West Virginia accent at all.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
game wont be a good fallout game, but might be a fun game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bert Roberge posted:

I just realized there's gonna be a bunch of voice actors who have no idea how to do a West Virginia accent at all.

voice acting who?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Arcsquad12 posted:

Can they let another studio take a crack at a fallout game? Not just Obsidian, but other studios as well.

They did that once and it was called the best fallout game ever. What do you think?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07D6STSX8/

It's real

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm not into online games but this looks like it could be fun, and no NPCs means less horribly janky storytelling. Also, I'm liking the new art direction and he monsters/tech stuff they showed.

All in all, it looks good but also like a game I'm probably not gonna play.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Bert Roberge posted:

Actually there won't be, because there won't be any NPCs :)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Okay say what you will about Bethesda, and there's a lot to be said, but you gotta give them this: They know how to commit to a joke.

Bert Roberge posted:

Nah, there will be no bad voice acting because there will be no NPCs.

Just other players and monsters. Like Todd said: every other human you meet in another player.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

They left it so completely vague about what the experience would be like if you played it "solo". I am expecting the worst.

Yeah they made one nod towards world-building via decisions and choosing villains and heroes, then they spent the next 20 minutes talking about Minecraft with better graphics. What a joke. It's like they don't even know what made these games successful. And that's probably it for this generation of consoles. loving sucks. Hopefully some other series will come along and save RPG's.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

It's Sea of Thieves.

Sea of Thieves has NPCs. It's less than that.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Just sell the IP to CDPROJEKTRED, thanks.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 11, 2018

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Fallout 76: Break My Home, Country Chode

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Wolfsheim posted:

I see you haven't heard of GTAO my friend

People will literally pay ten actual dollars to buy a hat functionally and aesthetically identical to any other hat in the game except this one is gold or has a leopard print or something

Horse Armor was prescient business planning.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad Bourdain didn't have to see this shitshow.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could see Fallout 76 and think this is going to be anything but a micro-transaction ridden cash grab.

C'mon goons, you're better than this.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

I'm honestly not sure how anyone could see Fallout 76 and think this is going to be anything but a micro-transaction ridden cash grab.

C'mon goons, you're better than this.

There will be plenty of people buying the game "ironically" so they can totally own all the non-goons.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I'm the guy who spends 3 days fighting the physics engine to get everything in my base looking nice and then hearing a nuke falling from the sky, clipping into the ground and not being able to noclip back out.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Volkerball posted:

Hopefully some other series will come along and save RPG's.

D-did you think Fallout was the bastion of RPGs?

Realtalk Bethesda only put out Fallout 4 like two years ago, they're working on two massive projects now that'll probably keep them busy until 2021 or so, then they'll announce the next Fallout and you can be happy again.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There will be plenty of people buying the game "ironically" so they can totally own all the non-goons.

You'd think after ME:A people would have learned the folly of spite-buying an upcoming videogame just to stick it to people who predict it will be bad.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

You'd think after ME:A people would have learned the folly of spite-buying an upcoming videogame just to stick it to people who predict it will be bad.

Complaining about the possibility of people pseudo-ironically buying games to spite cynics who leap on every lame trailer so they can be the first to declare a game bad is so many levels of preemptive chest-thumping that I'm not sure we have tools capable of measuring it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Steve2911 posted:

D-did you think Fallout was the bastion of RPGs?

Realtalk Bethesda only put out Fallout 4 like two years ago, they're working on two massive projects now that'll probably keep them busy until 2021 or so, then they'll announce the next Fallout and you can be happy again.

There's still no game out there that has matched fnv in world building, player freedom, and an interconnected story that makes your tons of different decisions have meaning. Elder Scrolls did it too but I didn't like the theme of it as much. Bethesda seems to be rapidly sprinting away from what made those games great in favor of whatever fad is in vogue so I'm not really too interested in the next installment in 2024.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Volkerball posted:

There's still no game out there that has matched fnv in world building, player freedom, and an interconnected story that makes your tons of different decisions have meaning. Elder Scrolls did it too but I didn't like the theme of it as much. Bethesda seems to be rapidly sprinting away from what made those games great in favor of whatever fad is in vogue so I'm not really too interested in the next installment in 2024.

Witcher 3?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah Bethesda was never good at this. You want Obsidian and CDPR.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I gave up on it after a few hours. It felt like you got dropped off in the middle of a novel, not that you had this blank slate to work with. I didn't care for the protagonist and he kinda had his own thing going on anyways so I'm sure it worked out for both of us.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
The full release of conan exiles was really cool. It was a gigantic map with dozens if not hundreds of NPC settlements and little lore journal entries and poo poo to learn lore and emotes. You can build bases with your friends but there is also an entire hidden metaplot that involves you sacrificing specific NPCs on altars and finding extremely well hidden dungeons and it has really raised my expectations for a narrative experience in a survival game. I can't figure out why all these haters have never wanted to play fallout with their bros

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It's called rust. You would try it.. on a pvp server. Its pretty fun to build a huge base and then go to sleep for the night.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Far cry did co op right and hilariously is a more engaging rpg now too.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

The full release of conan exiles was really cool. It was a gigantic map with dozens if not hundreds of NPC settlements and little lore journal entries and poo poo to learn lore and emotes. You can build bases with your friends but there is also an entire hidden metaplot that involves you sacrificing specific NPCs on altars and finding extremely well hidden dungeons and it has really raised my expectations for a narrative experience in a survival game. I can't figure out why all these haters have never wanted to play fallout with their bros

Yeah this. While another New Vegas would be best, honestly I feel like a big budget Conan Exiles is a much better prospect than Bethesda doing another of their Fallouts, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is WAY better than Fallout 3 and 4.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Actually there won't be, because there won't be any NPCs :)

Are you sure there will be no audiologs or anything like that?

If there is a way to shoehorn a bad accent in this game, Bethesda will find it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bert Roberge posted:

Are you sure there will be no audiologs or anything like that?

If there is a way to shoehorn a bad accent in this game, Bethesda will find it.

All Deathclaws now roar with southern accents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Vault 76, like the Gary vault but it's WeedLord_BonerHitler69.