Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Azran posted:

What I mean is, I see Sienna players (it's either Pyro or BW, not Unchained) picking a spot on the ground far away from her (with the same circle decal Firewalk gets) then everything in there gets incinerated without her moving. I'm checking talents and I don't THINK I've missed anything?

Conflagration staff's charged attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
:cripes: I'm an idiot, it's the one Sienna weapon I haven't used yet.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
On the subject of fire walk, however, it's worth noting you can use it during animations such as being picked up from downed state. It'll act as a 'i didn't move anywhere' teleport and fling things away from you. Useful for not getting booty stabbed while you can't block.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
I firewalked into a stormer shove once and the shove sent me flying like I was on a zero gravity server.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FK now stands for Fabulous Knight

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
That hat needs some work. No plumes. A shameful hat.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i cannot tell you how many times i have friendly fired sykic by shooting those loving plumes

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This game outright refuses to give me anymore double axes for the Slayer. I've been rocking the same pair of plain looking standard axes I've forged since capping out at 300 weapon power.

It'll give me everything else under the green moon except for double axes or double axe illusions.

I feel slighted by FatShark, Ranald and the RNG.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
I'm still waiting for the endless sea of "Stopped Sienna from Fire Walking to an unintended location" patches that are going to come once someone leaks to a Fatshark dev how to do it.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Coolguye posted:

i cannot tell you how many times i have friendly fired sykic by shooting those loving plumes

I'm never taking that hat off, no matter how many times you commissar me.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

AndyElusive posted:

This game outright refuses to give me anymore double axes for the Slayer. I've been rocking the same pair of plain looking standard axes I've forged since capping out at 300 weapon power.

It'll give me everything else under the green moon except for double axes or double axe illusions.

I feel slighted by FatShark, Ranald and the RNG.

I was in the same boat with glaive illusions for what seemed like forever and then when I finally got something other than the default it started raining unique glaives. Knowing fatsharks logic you probably have some crazy low chance until you get that first unique and then the odds spike up.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

There's also only like 4 dual axe illusions, i've seen only 4 and haven't gotten a new one yet.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

im depressed lol posted:

I'm still waiting for the endless sea of "Stopped Sienna from Fire Walking to an unintended location" patches that are going to come once someone leaks to a Fatshark dev how to do it.

Isn’t there only one left and it’s onwar camp?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I firewalked in front of the lift that takes you down to the generators in The Skittergate and bypassed the lift completely. Sadly, my teammates couldn't activate it until I died

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

Xaris posted:

Isn’t there only one left and it’s onwar camp?

If that's true that's very sad. Battle Wizard teleporting onto second floor chorus level of the Righteous Stand finale was my favorite.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

God damnit i got a red drakegun now. Why can't i get a red melee weapon haha--too many loving red ranged weapons!

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
You'll be part of the ranged meta and like it, nerd.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Arghy posted:

God damnit i got a red drakegun now. Why can't i get a red melee weapon haha--too many loving red ranged weapons!

I feel like that's actually a thing, got five billion red handguns. First time I was happy since I use handgun on Kruber, but they can stop now

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd prefer if they handed out "legendary materials" you would use to craft your own red equipment of your choice, instead of having to pray to RNG that you don't get a red necklace for the 12th time in a row.

Or you could melt down a red to get half of the materials to build your own.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd prefer if they handed out "legendary materials" you would use to craft your own red equipment of your choice, instead of having to pray to RNG that you don't get a red necklace for the 12th time in a row.

Or you could melt down a red to get half of the materials to build your own.

What that would make sense!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

We finish fighting the Chaos Spawn boss in The Skittergate and not a minute after we get to fight another one. Is there a hard limit on randomly spawned bosses? I wish I could find more concrete info regarding difficulty.

I wish this game was better documented, in general.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
I know the answer is "because fatshark" I don't care. I'm asking anyway.

Why do the quests that say specifically "as a party" mean, in fact: as an individual. That's not a translation error. That's the exact and precise opposite of the specific phrases used.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If the solution is to melt down reds and then eventually make another that's not a good one. It's still gating, massively, the most important items behind getting them in the first place, and the drop rates are, honestly, much better.

But nobody is going to reliably get Emp/General vaults in pub settings. That's a fact. Not until everyone is brought up to Shade levels of killing power.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I would rather not use shade as the sole comparison, as there are other examples of incredibly powerful careers that should be the standard rather than the exception.

That said, I have a red for every weapon Sienna has. I have the legend armor for BW, former worst and possibly still worst class in the game(if anyone has suggestions on current worst, go ahead. I don't really feel like arguing the point). It's remarkable how freeing it is when you no longer give a poo poo. Dragging pubs kicking and screaming to victory despite themselves is my new favorite hobby even if I don't get an emp vault out of it. Currently, PURE JANK seems to be the only force that can stop me (and sykic).

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
I tried to get my friends into the first game and was unsuccessful, but I learned yesterday that three of them had already bought this! Having a blast so far with my old buddy Saltpyre.

Is it true that the 2H sword sucks? It was one of my favourite weapons in VT1. It has been working fine for me so far but we aren't playing on high difficulty yet.

Should I be saving the chests I get from doing challenges until I am higher level for better loot? Or just open everything asap?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Willie Tomg posted:

I know the answer is "because fatshark" I don't care. I'm asking anyway.

Why do the quests that say specifically "as a party" mean, in fact: as an individual. That's not a translation error. That's the exact and precise opposite of the specific phrases used.

because fatshart

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Blisster posted:

I tried to get my friends into the first game and was unsuccessful, but I learned yesterday that three of them had already bought this! Having a blast so far with my old buddy Saltpyre.

Is it true that the 2H sword sucks? It was one of my favourite weapons in VT1. It has been working fine for me so far but we aren't playing on high difficulty yet.

Should I be saving the chests I get from doing challenges until I am higher level for better loot? Or just open everything asap?

2h sword has a real hard time dealing with armor in the higher difficulties. If everyone else is running can openers on your team it isn’t such a glaring weakness.

End game chests you can open immediately but commendation chests you can hold onto for a bit until you break near the 300 power level for items. What I noticed really made my item power level chances rise rapidly was crafting. In the beginning of the game I was crafting all the time and it seemed to push my item power level noticeably faster over my friends that weren’t crafting near as much.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Blisster posted:

Is it true that the 2H sword sucks? It was one of my favourite weapons in VT1.

You see, the act of holding an object in two hands causes a black hole to form that warps space. For swords this happens to form in the middle of the blade, and space warps to shorten the blade till it is smaller than a dagger. There is nothing Fat Shark can do about this completely real depiction of what goes on when you wield weapons.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Fuuka Ayase posted:

You see, the act of holding an object in two hands causes a black hole to form that warps space. For swords this happens to form in the middle of the blade, and space warps to shorten the blade till it is smaller than a dagger. There is nothing Fat Shark can do about this completely real depiction of what goes on when you wield weapons.

Yeah there is also the aspect that somehow fatshart got it in their head that a zweihander has less reach than a standard broadsword.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Holy poo poo I just started thinking about how they could’ve possibly come to that conclusion and now that I’m thinking about it it’s likely they actually got ahold of some of this weaponry at some point and their weak nerd arms caused them to hold the zweihander lower to their center of gravity because they couldn’t support the weight of the weapon otherwise. That would easily cripple the reach of a weapon that was designed to counter pikes.

Omfg I think I cracked the case.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i figure a sentient t-rex works there

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

What would make it even worse is if they got a ceremonial or parade version of the sword which were significantly heavier than the battlefield versions.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/shade-needs-to-be-brought-down/24110/250

This thread has been locked automatically 11 times because of how bad it is.

edit: actually 12 now.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

threw a firebomb at a bunch of clan rats kicking on a downed team mate

literally none of the rats died by the time the flames had gone out

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Fire bombs do like no damage, and Don't have a Dot component. Use them to force hordes into funnels as they'll still try to pathe around flames

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 12, 2018

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Firebombs are only going to be useful so long as they blow back bosses & packmasters. It's lame they don't really kill anything (they should be like Lamp Oil, seriously, that'd make them HUGELY effective) but having knockback in a can is better than having nothing at all.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jun 12, 2018

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Trusting Fatshark's dedication to accurate research, I'm going to stick my hand in a fire.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

NightshadeGenitals posted:

Holy poo poo I just started thinking about how they could’ve possibly come to that conclusion and now that I’m thinking about it it’s likely they actually got ahold of some of this weaponry at some point and their weak nerd arms caused them to hold the zweihander lower to their center of gravity because they couldn’t support the weight of the weapon otherwise. That would easily cripple the reach of a weapon that was designed to counter pikes.

Omfg I think I cracked the case.

That is absolutely without doubt what happened, lol

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Lunethex posted:

Firebombs are only going to be useful so long as they blow back bosses & packmasters. It's lame they don't really kill anything (they should be like Lamp Oil, seriously, that'd make them HUGELY effective) but having knockback in a can is better than having nothing at all.

Do firebombs do enough KB to make Chaos spawns lose their grip on people they're nibbling on? I know they reset aggro when the ogre goes berserk on a corpse but I havent had a chance to try them vs spawns yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah firebombs will make a chaos spawn drop someone. Really that alone makes them worth picking up. But I also pick them up to apply shrapnel.