Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Just watched some of that second trailer before deciding I want to go in without knowing anything about it. Day one purchase. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mogomra posted:

Doesn't he have a few lines in the reveal trailer?
Yes. They're even given room to stand on their own so people can notice them.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's some more demo gameplay, the same area but without stage presenters talking over it, and a player that completely no sells loud noises and enemies that are obviously right behind them.
I just assume they were deafened by the cacophony of shrieking gamers. Game looks good though.

Leon was apparently told not to come. I'm guessing that was Chris' doing, so Leon can have a moment with Claire who presumably got a similar letter.

WaltherFeng posted:

Also for some reason I really like Leon's voice actor.
He sounds appropriately young and hopeful, and completely non-jaded. RE voice direction has come a long way.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

He sounds appropriately young and hopeful, and completely non-jaded. RE voice direction has come a long way.

There wasn't really that much wrong with the voice acting in the original RE2 especially when you look at the leap up it took from 1. Certainly what seem to be translation issues in the lines themselves but all the actors read well. Honestly I'd say 2 had much better VA than 3 and CV (Steve alone counts for a lot of negative points).

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I was introduced to Resident Evil by a friend of mine in college, who played all the games once a year around Halloween. I got into RE4 thanks to him and, years later (this year, actually), RE1. I've never personally played any other game in the series though, and don't recall catching much RE2 over his shoulder. I'm aware of a few things in passing - one of the few scenes I remember is Claire talking to the chief of police with a dead woman on his desk :gonk: - but other than that I really don't know anything about it.

Which is to say, without having any personal investment in this game in particular, the demo footage has convinced me to give it a shot.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

There wasn't really that much wrong with the voice acting in the original RE2 especially when you look at the leap up it took from 1. Certainly what seem to be translation issues in the lines themselves but all the actors read well. Honestly I'd say 2 had much better VA than 3 and CV (Steve alone counts for a lot of negative points).
Oh yeah, I was thinking more generally of the earlier game, not RE2 specifically, which does stand out as a more well-rounded quality product.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Kibayasu posted:

A somewhat original take on the knife, neat.

Gunpowder is back. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, wasn't really a fan of it in 3.

One of those zombies in the first area had some weird red growths on it. Return of Crimson heads?

It wasn't easy to see due to the torch's low field of vision but I saw some card suit logos on some doors and on their handles. Return of Diamond/Heart/Spade/Club key confirmed? Backtracking ahoy?

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 13, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be nice if the keys and puzzle items didn't take up inventory space.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
Is it wrong for me to hope that they include more gimmick trophies and unlocks like in RE7? Like the trophy where you can only access the item box three times, or the ‘can only heal three times’ one? Those challenges were interesting and fun, and I probably never would have done them otherwise except they suggested them (and hopefully designed them to be possible).

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mountain Lightning posted:

Is it wrong for me to hope that they include more gimmick trophies and unlocks like in RE7? Like the trophy where you can only access the item box three times, or the ‘can only heal three times’ one? Those challenges were interesting and fun, and I probably never would have done them otherwise except they suggested them (and hopefully designed them to be possible).
I liked those in RE7, and would like to see more in RE2make. The three item box usages in particular was a trickier one to plan around than I thought it would be, since you had (IIRC) at least one mandatory use of the box and keys didn't vanish once you were done with them unlike the older games.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

That pretty much confirms there is no fixed camera mode. loving booo to whoever posted that rumor that it was an option.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I thought it sounded like way too much work for an option that most players would look at once and say "that's cool"

And turns out it was!

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

David D. Davidson posted:

no it doesnt youre dumb

well yeah, but the game still looks good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

I've thought the same for years, the voice acting in RE2 was fine, it was mostly just an awkward video game script they were working with. I mean poo poo, how long was Alyson Court the standard Claire voice? Leon's dude wasn't bad either IMO, minus him having to do the cheesy yell at the end

I'm sure the PC version will have some modder put in the fixed camera angles at some point :v:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Irons shouting "Everyones gonna die!" will forever be burned into my brain because I heard it on the tv commercial a thousand times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnglxHaB6SY

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
To be fair, Irons had arguably the best voice acting in the game. He really, truly came across as legitimately creepy and hosed up.

Though, "best voice acting in RE2" is admittedly a pretty low bar to clear.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Sounds like Richard Nixon

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

if they ever come close to remaking CV, they need to play up Steve's ultra Canadian accent

WOW, RELAX BABE, I SAID WAS SAWRY, I WAS A PRISONER HERE ON THIS HERE ISLAND, GOT CAUGHT TRYIN TO STEAL A BUNCH OF TIMBITS AT THE TIM HORTONS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ISLAND THERE, EH

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
perfectly recreate every cv cs, except whenever steve would appear or speak they'd flash to a 'technical difficulties, please stand by' cut in

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's some more demo gameplay, the same area but without stage presenters talking over it, and a player that completely no sells loud noises and enemies that are obviously right behind them. The knife counter attack isn't exactly like REmake, instead of a consumable item it's your ordinary combat knife and once you use it you can't get it back until you've killed the enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPdW-WZCnUY

This guy being oblivious to the zombies around him is worse than any other jump scare ever.

should have been wearing headphones obviously, dude what the hell

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a counter that also makes you "finish" a fight as punishment for getting caught to balance out the existence of the counter item is actually a really cool mechanic. it gives you an "out" of some of the damage but if you want that knife back you gotta expend some ammo.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The only difference between the regular version and deluxe version of the RE 2 remake is the deluxe version includes all the costumes right ?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Kibayasu posted:

One of those zombies in the first area had some weird red growths on it. Return of Crimson heads?

That would be cool, though it would require a minor alteration to the story. Historically speaking the strain of the t-virus that hit Raccoon City's water supply was the one that produced lickers in v-act as opposed to crimson heads

God, if they actually introduced the crimson head mechanic but had them come back as lickers instead that would make later RPD navigation a potential nightmare lol

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I think you get a soundtrack too. Original RE2 soundtrack or something.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-CUSA09193_00-BH20000DELUXE001 posted:

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
-Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
-Leon Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Military'
-Claire Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
-Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
-'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap

On the one hand, that stuff and the Elza Walker costume sound freaking cool. On the other hand, gently caress preordering and especially gently caress preordering for DLC. I learned my lesson when I preorderd Arkham Knight.

Never. Again.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i used to be willing to preorder capcom pc games, since they had a long streak of excellent ports. then came rev2.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mogomra posted:

I think you get a soundtrack too. Original RE2 soundtrack or something.

On the one hand, that stuff and the Elza Walker costume sound freaking cool. On the other hand, gently caress preordering and especially gently caress preordering for DLC. I learned my lesson when I preorderd Arkham Knight.

Never. Again.

I mean, you preorderd dlc for a Warner Bros game, which is the biggest mistake ever

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

I mean, you preorderd dlc for a Warner Bros game, which is the biggest mistake ever

You got me there. In my defense, Arkham City and Arkham Asylum were extremely solid on the PC.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

They should have an original zombie sound swap too, I think RE3 was worse because their zombie sounds were super weak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgqvlJ1HgNk

RE2 is so loving good

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

That would be cool, though it would require a minor alteration to the story. Historically speaking the strain of the t-virus that hit Raccoon City's water supply was the one that produced lickers in v-act as opposed to crimson heads

God, if they actually introduced the crimson head mechanic but had them come back as lickers instead that would make later RPD navigation a potential nightmare lol
I didn't really think that much about that red growth, other than it looking kinda fungus-like, but it being a zombie in the process of turning into a licker and its brain popping out would actually make sense. Maybe we'll get proto-lickers as a crimson head equivalent, if full-size lickers are deemed a bit much.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2TMSwEerDQ

best quality i've seen. demo has a 15-20 min timer and from other videos i've pieced together the stars office is not where it should be and they apparently have removed the licker from the demo.

you can hear the music in some parts of that video too, it sounds like more somber versions of the police station theme and the save room theme mixed in and i guess if you dont like that then go with the original, cool as gently caress they are doing that.

looks like you can pick up boards to board up windows too, i've heard saving is like re7, through typewriters but no ink ribbions, hoping for a madhouse style mode tho.

the story tidbits are interesting... leon got called a week ago to stay away but goes anyway, i guess they are exploring better reasons for them turning up, leon not realizing the how bad its gotten and thinks he can still help out and claire's is probably still finding chris but only deciding to go after hearing how bad its getting, probably sneaks in past the barricades and poo poo and leon gets let through because of the cop uniform maybe. i like how you get to play as leon/claire before they even meet up. leon starts at the gas station on the outskirts of town (which i think is the rat/sheriff bit from the reveal trailer) and doesnt meet up with claire until later, then they get seperated.

if you freeze frame the 2nd trailer you can see a pov shot of, i think, the trucker guy "what a maniac, why'd he bite me!" because the dude has his arm all bandaged up, so i think the truck crash separation still happens only its part of the game now.

capcom have a live stream with the producers in half an hour i think on twitch/capcomusa and later on at 8pst they have a live 30 min gameplay demo going.

the game is twice as long as the original apparently from that dude who got the leaks right. last he heard they were having a choice between fixed cameras and ots but it sounds like they might have scrapped ots or are still working on it. (i think its post-game unlockable to be honest, and i bet the music swap is too and the dlc pre-order is just earlier access like madhouse was for 7)

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 13, 2018

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
In the gameplay trailer I'm pretty sure that red-splotchy zombie is the one that jumps through the window at Leon after he gets the notebook from Elliot (RIP).

Using this video for timings, at 4:37 in the video he jumps through the window. Player takes shots at the zombie, hitting the left side of the zombie's head twice and the right side once. After retreating to look around the bathroom, Leon is attacked by the zombie again at 5:43, and when we look at the face it's covered in red from the bullet damage in the previous altercation. 5:57-ish is probably the best time to see this. It's highlighting location-based wounds on the enemy. The same thing happens with the zombie at 16:12 that ambushes Leon in the West office - player shoots for the face, zombie's face becomes a red mess.

Crimson Heads are cool though, I wouldn't mind seeing them. I got so used to the mansion layout in REmake that I only ever encountered the two scripted ones, but Capcom have already set the precedent with the return of a defensive weapon so we'll see. Can I wish away the rest of the year just to play this game?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Re 3 zombies sounded like they were wasted the entire time. Best sfx for zombies were Remake.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The RE4 remake in like 2035 is gonna be great

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Spiffster posted:

Re 3 zombies sounded like they were wasted the entire time. Best sfx for zombies were Remake.

yeah the Remake ones were especially loving creepy

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Re2make stream starting soon: https://www.twitch.tv/capcomusa

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
inkribbion saving confirmed by devs!

save without inkribbions and autosaves on lower difficulties and inkribbion only saving either on higher/menu option, i say menu option but it sounded like there was a hardcode mode from what they saying, probably just difficulty levels, they say other stuff too for classic RE features for those who want the challenge

they also confirm that outside of the initial game starting (and dying) they make remake2 to have no loading times and be seamless.

confirmation of limited ammo.

lol zombie cosplayers banging on the windows of the capcom booth.

THEY GOT THE SHOTGUN AND ITS AWESOME.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 13, 2018

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Gore levels in this game is off the charts.

I love their design decisions about the REmake. I am super hyped for this game. I'm glad they went with over the shoulder. The fixed camera of the early games made things too scary to play. But with modern controls I feel like I could deal with being scared.

Do zombies stay dead though? I thought I saw in one of the videos zombies would get back up after taking 3 shots to the head and falling over and being "dead". I wanna explore those nooks and crannies.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it'd be nice if the keys and puzzle items didn't take up inventory space.

imho the best of both worlds option would be that small items like keys and cards don't take any inventory space, while heavier items like a battery or a crank do.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

You're thinking of Square Enix when they need to cover for the failure of their Japanese studios.

But aren't allowed any initiative themselves lest they get an American Marlboro v French Marlboro situation.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Resident Evil 7 was one of my favorite games in the past decade, and I played every single difficulty mode and did every single achievement, other than one of the stupid ones involving a 10-minute bonus timer on Jack's 55th birthday

Man, I hope they have good replayability and achievements and unlockables in this one, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Broose posted:

Gore levels in this game is off the charts.

I love their design decisions about the REmake. I am super hyped for this game. I'm glad they went with over the shoulder. The fixed camera of the early games made things too scary to play. But with modern controls I feel like I could deal with being scared.

Do zombies stay dead though? I thought I saw in one of the videos zombies would get back up after taking 3 shots to the head and falling over and being "dead". I wanna explore those nooks and crannies.

Zombies have always gotten back up in RE unless they were dead-dead. Until 4 where they disintegrated if a zombie didn't have pool of blood coming out from under them they would either get back up in a few seconds or stay down but bite your ankles if you tried to walk over them.