Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Thankfully humans only made up 100% of NPCs in the Fallout franchise up until now, so there is plenty of space for Bethesda to build a great dynamic narrative.

I mean replacing all the NPCs with actual robots would make the animations more believable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Donovan Trip posted:

I don't think you have played the games

I'm looking forward to the rich nonhuman NPCs, such as the molerat who runs around in circles unless it gets stuck.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It sounds like there is a story element they aren't revealing yet involving this new breed of ghouls. Or maybe you are all right and bethesda literally threw out the foundation of every single one of their games

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Otacon posted:

A driveby shitpost or two, not a big deal... but goons spending hours F5ing this thread to post negative poo poo over and over again screaming from the hill tops IM NOT GOING TO BUY THIS GAME is pretty lol

I can't wait to kill people who say this but still buy the game

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So ghouls are not humans now, sounds like somebody is racist here.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Popete posted:

Did people get this upset when Fallout Shelter was released expecting a deep questing system and fully realized 50 x 50 mile map?

No because that was a free to play cellphone game and it was marketed as such, everyone knew it would be nothing more than a fun distraction for a brief while. This is a full videogame that people are being expected to presumably pay full price for alongside potential micro transactions (yes, just for cosmetics for now, but we'll see)

Also nobody who thinks the game looks like poo poo is upset, these people are probably just going to ignore the game. That seems to piss you off quite a bit however

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i hope one of the visual mutations is you can turn yourself into a ghoul

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

I'm looking forward to the rich nonhuman NPCs, such as the molerat who runs around in circles unless it gets stuck.

Ghouls super mutants and robots are NPCs in every fallout game and are often the most memorable.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Donovan Trip posted:

Ghouls super mutants and robots are NPCs in every fallout game and are often the most memorable.

Most of them are just reskinned humans.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mm, that's another thing, can't wait to see what kind of poo poo they try to flog you in this MMO given their previous attempts at monetizing their games.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

or if there is super mutants let me drop my pals into fev and make them into sexless behemoths

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i'm still lolling at the two weeks people knew about fallout 76 but didn't have any details and apparently in these two weeks they were able to self-create an entire game and then be betrayed by a product Bethesda didn't even say they were gonna deliver

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Your Computer posted:

e: now I'm wondering if there are mario purist forums
Every time Nintendo uses Yoshi outside of Super Mario World I just shake with rage. What is he doing in the Mushroom Kingdom? He's from Dinosaur Land, Nintardo!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Lotta trolling in the thread today *spits tobacco*

This new Fallout has rustled up quite the slapfight, yessiree

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sheen Sheen posted:

No because that was a free to play cellphone game and it was marketed as such, everyone knew it would be nothing more than a fun distraction for a brief while. This is a full videogame that people are being expected to presumably pay full price for alongside potential micro transactions (yes, just for cosmetics for now, but we'll see)

Also nobody who thinks the game looks like poo poo is upset, these people are probably just going to ignore the game. That seems to piss you off quite a bit however

But this game has Fallout in the name so clearly it's decieving me into thinking it's a full Fallout 4 sequel.

People are complaining that this game won't have writing and quests like a mainline Fallout game but I don't see how you could have thought that it would. It was pretty clear that this game is just a Rust/Conan open world survival. If you don't like that game fine, but complaining that it isn't like the other games that are entirely different doesn't make sense.

I'm not all that hype about Fallout 76 because I don't generally care for open world survival games, but I'm not disappointed it won't be single player because why would it be?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Mm, that's another thing, can't wait to see what kind of poo poo they try to flog you in this MMO given their previous attempts at monetizing their games.

lmao Bethesda has like, some of the least intrusive monetization that exists. have you even played a game with actual loot boxes?

destiny 2 at launch would have given you a loving grand mal if you think fallout 4 is bad.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm still lolling at the two weeks people knew about fallout 76 but didn't have any details and apparently in these two weeks they were able to self-create an entire game and then be betrayed by a product Bethesda didn't even say they were gonna deliver

Quite the strawman you've built there, even by internet video game forum standards

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Instead smart poster 50s raygun is happy about all the stupid poo poo bethesda is jettisoning from their game, such as storytelling, which he always thought was too inefficient, a waste of time.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

J-Spot posted:

Every time Nintendo uses Yoshi outside of Super Mario World I just shake with rage. What is he doing in the Mushroom Kingdom? He's from Dinosaur Land, Nintardo!

after the events of super mario world the mushroom kingdom saw the value of them as work animals and began importing eggs to the mushroom kingdom

duh

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

OwlFancier posted:

Vault-Tec Insurance for when your buildings start clipping through the ground or disappear from your inventory.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yardbomb posted:

Vault-Tec Insurance for when your buildings start clipping through the ground or disappear from your inventory.

uh, that's actually amazing environmental storytelling.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Sheen Sheen posted:

Quite the strawman you've built there, even by internet video game forum standards

I'm gonna pay 60 bucks just to grief sheen sheen

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Sheen Sheen posted:

it's not even a strawman, there are posters itt who despite not even knowing what fallout 76 was a month ago they had a strong enough idea about what it should be that they've turned into loving train sim grognards about video game purity

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i also hope there's a brand new previously unmentioned power armor introduced

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Donovan Trip posted:

I'm gonna pay 60 bucks just to grief sheen sheen

It'll have to be another Sheen Sheen, because I'm not buying the game :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's not even a strawman, there are posters itt who despite not even knowing what fallout 76 was a month ago they had a strong enough idea about what it should be that they've turned into loving train sim grognards about video game purity

Truly I had no idea what Fallout was a month ago.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

They did say in that Fallout 76 making of that most of the main Bethesda studio has been working on Starfield since they finished the last Fallout 4 DLC.

Fallout 76 is mainly done by that multiplayer focussed studio they bought.

So everyone stop crying about how Bethesda have abandoned single player RPGs.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The one thing sadder than people being triggered about a multiplayer Fallout is people being triggered about people being triggered about multiplayer Fallout, man.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

lmao Bethesda has like, some of the least intrusive monetization that exists. have you even played a game with actual loot boxes?

destiny 2 at launch would have given you a loving grand mal if you think fallout 4 is bad.

No, because I don't want to play a game with ingame monetization, that's part of why I have hitherto bought bethesda games.

And also why I think bethesdas monetization efforts are poo poo, because they're poo poo in all games.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Truly I had no idea what Fallout was a month ago.

my dude the only fallout you seem to have any knowledge of is whatever variety has aggressively turned your brain into sewage.

fallout has been like, an isometric 2d game, a turn based game, a third person shooter. it's bizarre to act like you get to be the loving arbitrator of what 'fallout' is because you shot a dude in a 2d game twenty years ago.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Like I’m not sure if I’ll enjoy this game at all but lol at everyone melting down ITT

I’ll melt down if Starfield is bad though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I guess you are right, the Bethesda fallouts always were bad.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fallout is an rpg series and it's a bummer that bethseda is increasingly moving away from that, i apologize profusely if that's an offensive thing i just said

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Brother Entropy posted:

fallout is an rpg series and it's a bummer that bethseda is increasingly moving away from that, i apologize profusely if that's an offensive thing i just said

Do you have any proof Fallout ever was an RPG? That would be very inconvenient to my ideology of never saying a bad thing about a mass entertainment product.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Was it two weeks? I thought they did the reveal like a few days before E3

frugalmaster
Jun 7, 2018

by R. Guyovich
It's a shame they did away with YCS because this thread belongs in it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

2house2fly posted:

Was it two weeks? I thought they did the reveal like a few days before E3

hard to believe i may have given a bunch of DOS game enthusiasts more credit than they are due

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The guy who said NPC interactions in games were too complex for him to handle is now making fun of others being too conservative

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It was a little over a week between the teaser and e3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

hard to believe i may have given a bunch of DOS game enthusiasts more credit than they are due

This is even funnier given that these people you're projecting your nonsensical internet-flailing on to probably think that the best Fallout game is the second (edit: third, if you count Fallout Shelter, which only an idiot would) most recent one, aka a Fallout game published by Bethesda

Sheen Sheen fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 14, 2018