Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
From the last interview it seemed like lots of major details (like, if the main character is gonna be affected by cyberpsychosis or not) are still not nailed down, which doesn't bode well for a 2019 release date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
They said no release before 2020.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hamelekim posted:

Looking forward to piloting my flying car on the way to picking up my copy of Cyberpunk 2077.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Hamelekim posted:

Oh great, so I can try and delete all of this info from my brain so I'm not shaking with anticipation for two years.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Oh great, so I can try and delete all of this info from my brain so I'm not shaking with anticipation for two years.

If it's any consolation, early year seems to be the new hot window, so it might only be 18-22 months :unsmith:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

AndyElusive posted:

Looking forward to piloting my flying car on the way to picking up my copy of Cyberpunk 2077.

In 2077

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sick. That's dope

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

Hamelekim posted:

Waypoint discussed the demo for 40 or so minutes. They thought it was amazing. Link goes directly to discussion.

https://www.acast.com/vicegamingsnewpodcast/e32018day1-anthem-cyberpunk2077-andlarob?autoplay=true&seek=6888.154108

quote:

"As someone who grew up playing Cyberpunk 2020 and 3rd Edition and stuff like that, someone who grew up reading cyberpunk short fiction, loving cyberpunk as a genre, wishing there was more of it, this felt like it got it. It understood that it is an aesthetic, but it also is something about class, something about material relationships between different types of people. And, I think one of the most important things is, when you think about Deus Ex, when you think about Syndicate, when you think about so many games in this type of fiction... When you get cyberpunk, what you get is a person in a position of power. You almost always get a secret agent, or a corporate agent or something like that. [In this game] You're a down-on-their-luck... Barely making it by..."

"Cyberpunk's feeling of threat and pressure is that it's anybody. Everyone is so put-upon and so down-on-their-luck, everyone is looking for a leg up, everyone is looking for any opportunity, and many people don't see you as a person at all and they will just gently caress you over."

"It's capitalism"

"There have been a lot of games this E3 that have used the term "oppression". It's actually become sort of a trendy buzzword. This was the only game I saw this E3 that felt like... You felt oppressed. And also, everyone else is oppressed too."

"Most games are a power fantasy. This is a setting about the underprivileged, the underclass. Yes, you want to get yours, you want to move up the chain, but what does it mean to move along that chain?"

"We spent 20 minutes talking to this dude and he was like "Well yeah, in the 80's Reagan and Thatcher were a big cause of what cyberpunk turns out to be..." Yes there is a perspective in this game. This is a game about oppression. This is a game about class. This is a game about economic instability"

"I liked that the line that he uses was "We're not going to tell you what the message is, but we're not going to pretend there's not a message. We've thought about this stuff. We've thought about what this game is communicating. We're not here to tell you "This is what your takeaway from the game should be", but of course there's something there""

:bernpop: :bernpop: :bernpop: :bernpop: :bernpop: :bernpop: :bernpop: :bernpop: :bernpop: :bernpop:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Hamelekim posted:

For some reason the concert of 2020 makes it feel like I'm going to be dead before this game comes out but then again we probably all will.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

RichterIX posted:

For some reason the concert of 2020 makes it feel like I'm going to be dead before this game comes out but then again we probably all will.

Hey man, Trump 2.0 will just make the game far more relatable than it already would be.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sometimes Waypoint just makes me roll my eyes at some of the things they say, but it's cool that they dig the Cyberpunk demo.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

If I would expect any studio to Get It, it would be CDPR.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i totally trust cdpr to handle dificult topics and by the look of the trailer compared to tlou 2 this will be a mature game and not some edgy edgelor mc edge crap

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorGonzo posted:

i totally trust cdpr to handle dificult topics and by the look of the trailer compared to tlou 2 this will be a mature game and not some edgy edgelor mc edge crap

BUT WHAT IF TWO GIRLS KISS!??!?!?!?!??!??!?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ciri is cooler than Ellie

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DoctorGonzo posted:

i think both will do fine with handling stuff but i trust the makers of the bloody baron quest line then naughty dog.

I am weirdly surprised they liked it, glad they did though. i have only seen one or 2 people not like it but none of them played the demo.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 14, 2018

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am weirdly surprised they liked it, glad they did though. i have only seen one or 2 people not like it but none of them played the demo.

No one has played the demo, except CD Projekt. And I’m not sure why you’re surprised Waypoint liked it, everything I’ve heard about this game puts it so far up their alley it’s crazy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

No one has played the demo, except CD Projekt. And I’m not sure why you’re surprised Waypoint liked it, everything I’ve heard about this game puts it so far up their alley it’s crazy.

true. glad they love it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i don't think there's a games journo person more into cyberpunk as a setting than austin walker and god bless him for it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't think there's a games journo person more into cyberpunk as a setting than austin walker and god bless him for it

yeah austin is cool, he was one of the few people that saw mafia 3 as the gem in the rough that it is.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I wonder if Ellie will get a collectors card for each girl she kisses...

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Knowing CDPR it's going to be far more than kissing :smug:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

V is apparently that friend of yours who not only wakes up next to people they don't even vaguely remember, but is probably going to get both of you killed someday.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Thisuck posted:

Yeah I'd like to believe that too but it's probably a vertical slice of the game. Hopefully they're further along than we hoped but at this point I'm just hoping they can make the 2020 release.

Could be, but the first E3 trailers for Witcher 3 looked like vertical slices and turned out to be chunks of the game. I'd say most of the game is set in stone, and the next year and a half will be finishing off the quests, polishing the art, and then squashing the bugs.

Christmas 2019 is my guess for the street date but they will push it back to March 2020 after announcing it. :smug:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Still super pumped for this game. I hope to stop thinking about it though

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Could be, but the first E3 trailers for Witcher 3 looked like vertical slices and turned out to be chunks of the game. I'd say most of the game is set in stone, and the next year and a half will be finishing off the quests, polishing the art, and then squashing the bugs.

Christmas 2019 is my guess for the street date but they will push it back to March 2020 after announcing it. :smug:

this. i also think it will might be pushed as a launch game for new consoles.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Still super pumped for this game. I hope to stop thinking about it though

same, i need to see the demo of it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Guess I have a couple years to re-read Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said and Neuromancer

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Someone leak the demo video already, I'm going insane

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. i also think it will might be pushed as a launch game for new consoles.

I think PS4 Pro and XBOneX will be minimal requirements.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

alex314 posted:

I think PS4 Pro and XBOneX will be minimal requirements.

I can't see any games doing this. The install base for the PS4 is always going to be way more than the Pro.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

People that watched gameplay said it didn't look like it would require next gen to run the game. Who knows though. I'll get it on PC and probably get a new one for this game as it's going to very likely ram directly into my current upgrade timeframe.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

JBP posted:

People that watched gameplay said it didn't look like it would require next gen to run the game. Who knows though. I'll get it on PC and probably get a new one for this game as it's going to very likely ram directly into my current upgrade timeframe.

It doesn't look that much more advanced than Witcher 3. Not to say that Witcher 3 isn't a pretty game (because it is), but maybe I won't have to upgrade my system to play it.

Of course, my system is likely due for an upgrade within a year or two anyways.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LAH3qE73lE

So hyped right now!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Steve2911 posted:

I can't see any games doing this. The install base for the PS4 is always going to be way more than the Pro.

I'm thinking Ye Olde consoles will look like 1990's Mechwarrior 2 "image enhancement engaged"

*entire screen turns into wireframe mode*

Hey look how smooth it runs.

I kid of course. If anyone can bring a world to life for everyone its CDPR.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The full album that the trailer music was sourced can be found here just in case you're keen
https://ayrarecordings.bandcamp.com/album/lies

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AJ: Do you think they nailed the world?

Pondsmith: Fuckin aye dude.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

As much as I’m really hyped for this game, I do wonder how real of a criticism of capitalism it can be, considering that as an RPG, inevitably the numbers will go up. By gameplay necessity you will end up bootstrapping your way up to the higher echelons of society.

Like, I love the Witcher 3, but that game starts out with Geralt as a member of an underclass who gets spat at on the street, but by the end you have an ungodly amount of cash, the most valuable armour and weapons in the world, you’re pals with most of the crowned heads and power players in the region, your adopted daughter is next in line to become empress, you are gifted a beautiful villa with a farm and attendant staff, and you basically own a castle in Kaer Morhen.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
You might get rich, but you ain't getting wealthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

JBP posted:

AJ: Do you think they nailed the world?

Pondsmith: Fuckin aye dude.

Yeah, it's a really good sign just how hyped Pondsmith seems to be about the whole thing.