Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

I had to have my friend beat Jabu Jabu's belly for me in OoT because I was too scared of it.

I wanted to play Resident Evil real bad as a kid so I got one of my friends who had lovely parents who didn't care what he did at all to rent him the game so I could play it. Then I was so scared that when he turned out the lights I started screaming that I need the lights on so I can see what buttons I need to push even though that wasn't even remotely true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Even worse is that after he did that I don't think I played the game for much longer.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

my parents grounded me a lot as a kid, and what i would do is wait till they weren't paying attention and steal back my gameboys and hide them in the back of the bathroom cabinet and play them in privacy. this lead to me spending so much time in the bathroom my dad had to take me aside and tell me it was unhealthy to masturbate too much.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe this isn't bad but I played ESPN 2K5 on PS2 for the entirety of middle school/half of high school constantly role playing the possibility of me being drafted as a defensive end/wide reciever and so on well past getting completely out of shape and having no ambitions to actually play real life football ever again, to the point of spending hours every few days simulating the number of seasons it would take for me to, in the future, be drafted to the Raiders and sometimes the Falcons, and sometimes the Cardinals, since you can edit draft rosters, where I made myself a Modest 78-80 skill rookie.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I've found the last few Digimon games way better than Pokémon in every way and this has been really loving up my worldview lately

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I've found the last few Digimon games way better than Pokémon in every way and this has been really loving up my worldview lately

Goldmine.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Pokemon had been on a decline since Gold/Silver, peaked or at least hit the same level of greatness with Diamond/Pearl, and went back to poo poo after that point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I found WoW post-Cataclysm to be better than Vanilla and resubbed for it just before Pandaria

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Plutonis posted:

I stopped playing X right after catching the legendary and haven't touched anything pokemon since

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I spend 10 dollars a month on mobile game microtransactions

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I find myself wishing I could cut off Ben Pack's head with a chainsaw when I watch Ranking of Fighters,

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pokemon had been on a decline since Gold/Silver, peaked or at least hit the same level of greatness with Diamond/Pearl, and went back to poo poo after that point.

I think I played twice as many hours of Monster Rancher Advance 1 and 2 than the GBA Pokémon games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

I found WoW post-Cataclysm to be better than Vanilla and resubbed for it just before Pandaria

Plutonis posted:

I spend 10 dollars a month on mobile game microtransactions

*suddenly breathing real hard*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think what I want to cut his head off about is he looks like if the Eraserhead baby grew up.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I got so scared by the ghost that starts haunting you in the original Link's Awakening that I stopped playing it and didn't beat it until DX came out.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sometimes I fantasize about having my hands or arms crippled in a bike accident or machinery malfunction so that I could have an excuse for not being as good at gaming as 25 years of it ought to of produced.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pokemon Platinum is the only pokemon game I’ve ever caught every available pokemon in

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’ve never finished any final fantasy game besides Tactics and all its spinoffs

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I’ve never finished any final fantasy game besides Tactics and all its spinoffs

I've gotten up to the point right before the final boss rush in Final Fantasy 7 on two separate occasions and quit playing there both times.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

e wrong thread

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think Platinum games are good but largely overrated.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I quit playing Wonderful 101 because I got stuck on the first boss, a giant robot. I just kept going through the same animation loops over and over for like an hour before I got frustrated and quit. Then I played it off as a joke in another thread.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I also have severe gaming ADD and I'm pretty sure I've spent even more than Wormskull at this point on games I'll never play.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You probably have a better job than me so I believe it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I think Platinum games are good but largely overrated.

Tbh for every Bayonetta game there's also a stinker like Transformers or Ninja Turtles, that's not really a shameful opinion

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I got really into rap music only after Madworld for the Wii

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis posted:

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Tbh for every Bayonetta game there's also a stinker like Transformers or Ninja Turtles, that's not really a shameful opinion

The only Platinum game I've actually enjoyed playing was Vanquish

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

e gently caress mobile posting

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Plutonis posted:

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Plutonis posted:

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

my parents grounded me a lot as a kid, and what i would do is wait till they weren't paying attention and steal back my gameboys and hide them in the back of the bathroom cabinet and play them in privacy. this lead to me spending so much time in the bathroom my dad had to take me aside and tell me it was unhealthy to masturbate too much.

Plutonis posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I called Bob#3 a hard R but it wasn't him I was angry at...It was myself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I looked up where the last 18 shrines were in BOTW bc I wanted to play them all but I also didn't wanna scour the world with the annoying shrine sensor on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't think I've ever called someone I was playing with a bad word.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

idk if state of emergency actually kicked rear end or not but it was a hype rental from blockbuster for sleepovers because you could rip off peoples arms or whatever

I bought it for 20 cents when my local GameStop went out of business and it pwns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Got so mad at Super Mario World that my Quebecois relatives made my cousin sleep in a different room for a couple nights when they visited.

Crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Omg