Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.

this has been in Pages for over a year I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

yeah it's good. a subset of latex but still appreciated as writing math and stats is stupid annoying otherwise

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Aren't the newer ones 10W for 2A fast charging?

ooo, maybe. last i encountered was from the 7 box. the ipad chargers are 10/12w 2a so theyll fast charge. if the iphone ones got the bump then i take back my recriminations

okay, wait, they do sell the 5w charger and its the exact same cost as the 12w :psyduck:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yeah the little flaps always eventually broke off for me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Agile Vector posted:

okay, wait, they do sell the 5w charger and its the exact same cost as the 12w :psyduck:

what are you going to do, just go to a gas station and buy one for 3.99?

as if

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Agile Vector posted:

ooo, maybe. last i encountered was from the 7 box. the ipad chargers are 10/12w 2a so theyll fast charge. if the iphone ones got the bump then i take back my recriminations

thats the "yes we have a sku for this so we can throw them in with other stuff but you're not actually supposed to buy it" pricing

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hobbesmaster posted:

thats the "yes we have a sku for this so we can throw them in with other stuff but you're not actually supposed to buy it" pricing

that would be their computers, op

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

what are you going to do, just go to a gas station and buy one for 3.99?

as if

🔥🔥🚨🚨🚒🚒

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

absolutely know who it was

there's so much drama across so many groups because of it

uhhhh

everywhere i've worked this would have gotten you fired very very quickly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GenJoe posted:

this is why you should all be using iWork, the only creativity suite that features beautiful native applications for iOS, macOS, and Web.

tbf having apps on all three that share the same icloud has come
in handy and i lkke jr

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

hey they finally made keynote good for something

keynote is good, op

the rest of the suite is needs-suiting as long as your needs are pretty small, but keynote is pretty good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rex-Goliath posted:

uhhhh

everywhere i've worked this would have gotten you fired very very quickly

can't punish anyone in academia except staff

e: and even then you can only do so much

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

rjmccall posted:

keynote is good, op

the rest of the suite is needs-suiting as long as your needs are pretty small, but keynote is pretty good

pages finally re-figured out two-up view earlier this year

it's a miracle

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

rjmccall posted:

the rest of the suite is needs-suiting as long as your needs are pretty small

pages is also perfectly serviceable

but numbers...

where are my pivot tables timb

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the only way to do bibliography in pages without hacks is via endnote, and lol at paying for a bibliography manager. therefore pages is hot garbage

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
keynote has a mathy use case now, numbers is for logging your gains.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
up 13kg since sepetmber is that good

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Sagebrush posted:

what are you going to do, just go to a gas station and buy one for 3.99 that will burn your house down?

as if

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

OldAlias posted:

🔥🔥🚨🚨🚒🚒

not the tesla thread

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Chris Knight posted:

not the tesla thread

https://twitter.com/marycmccormack/status/1007831286176571394

looks like something punctured the battery pack

given tesla's terrible QA, the odds that the thing that punctured it broke off from the vehicle itself are nonzero.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 16, 2018

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
there's a ton of people in the replies saying they must've hit a speed bump too fast or that something else is their fault, and that non-electric cars catch fire all the time

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

look elon promised rockets on his cars, he just didn't specify where

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

as it is, it looks like the parallel park assist implementation of them is working fine

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

there's a ton of people in the replies saying they must've hit a speed bump too fast or that something else is their fault, and that non-electric cars catch fire all the time

well obviously something ruptured the battery pack, but if it can be ruptured from going over a speed bump too fast then that's definitely a design or quality problem on tesla's end.

elon musk fanboys are dumb af. like, you can totally be on board with the goal of replacing gas powered vehicles with electric ones yet still be cognizant of the fact that tesla has a fuckload of problems, and a bunch of those are because of Elon Musk.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in theory yes

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Doc Block posted:

https://twitter.com/marycmccormack/status/1007831286176571394

looks like something punctured the battery pack

given tesla's terrible QA, the odds that the thing that punctured it broke off from the vehicle itself are nonzero.

so he was driving along with an obviously on fire car and someone else had to point it out to him?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Chris Knight posted:

so he was driving along with an obviously on fire car and someone else had to point it out to him?

it says hes a tesla owner so yeah

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
maybe there should be some kinda car is on fire kind of warning light?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
also i like how the bit about her daughters kinda makes it sound like she considers the husband expendable

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Stringent posted:

it has one it's just very subtle and well, tesla owners

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stringent posted:

also i like how the bit about her daughters kinda makes it sound like she considers the husband expendable

he's a tesla driver so yeah

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stringent posted:

much like the "you're going to hit a pedestrian" light it had to be taped over because it was distracting the drivers

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I wonder if Tesla will issue another creepy press release with every detail about what where and how the car was driven before it caught on fire.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

according to our logs autopilot turned itself off 0.1ms before the car caught fire

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the driver was no angel

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
the burning thing is more understandable than autopilot. no doubt they've somehow hosed up the battery design such that more fires happen than should, but autopilot is criminal negligence at best.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
does the HVAC turn the A/C up to combat the temp increase, thus drawing more load, to fuel the flames?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Stringent posted:

wording it "my husband and his car" makes it sound like he spontaneously combusted as well

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Teslas are the android of cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
just realized that mary mccormack (the woman who posted that video) is this mary mccormack