Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rirse posted:

Even through I'm only on world 2, how am I going to beat Omniscient with Knight, Geo, Mystic Knight, and Dancer? All of their abilities are auto resets for him..

Silence Blade on Mystic Knight is just fine assuming you're not on a bad version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Rirse posted:

Even through I'm only on world 2, how am I going to beat Omniscient with Knight, Geo, Mystic Knight, and Dancer? All of their abilities are auto resets for him..

Why do you want to beat Omniscient with that group?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Rirse posted:

Grind for Reflect Rings, then just stare at him with your emulator on turbo speed until he runs out of MP. Then you can do whatever.

Or come at him with Mage Mashers/Silence Spellblade and hope it procs at the right time. Definitely faster, but can be less consistent.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Why do you want to beat Omniscient with that group?

Flare Blade, most likely.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Silence spellblade isn't a "Hope it procs at the right time" it'll work all the time. If you have one reflect ring I'd just send the mystic knight up that end solo, apply silence blade, then hold A to victory. Only won't work on the Steam / Mobile versions.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kyrosiris posted:

Silence Blade on Mystic Knight is just fine assuming you're not on a bad version.

I'm on the SNES with the GBA script translation so it should still work.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

It works fine on the Matrix versions. Silence* does stop him from countering with Reset. It's Berserk that doesn't stop the counter in the Matrix versions.

*what is a lot harder to do is trying to bounce a Silence proc from the Mage Masher--if it bounces off you, it seems to count as an attack on him, whether it lands or not. So if you're trying to Mage Mash-Silence him, just attack him directly... and then your Silence might stick for, like, two full seconds. Basically enough time for a hasted Thief to go twice. It is possible to do enough damage in that window to get him to his -aga phase, at which point he'll eventually kill himself with reflected spells, but only with really high damage things like Zeninage.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Some sort of... deadly bee weapon.

Soul Cannon at level 14 with these jobs? Not very easy!

derra
Dec 29, 2012
It ... doesn't seem too bad? You have access to Elemental damage on all your characters. Sure you'll use some hi pots or elixirs but doesn't seem too painful.

Edit wait is Faris a bard? Yeah you could always hide start with a Thundara spellblade.

derra fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 21, 2018

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I'll admit it -- I changed one of my jobs to MK with silence blade in order to get through Omniscient on my fiesta run. I forgot to grind for reflect rings and my job list was Knight / Beastmaster / Ranger / Gladiator so no magic damage.

Its a moment of weakness though, since a true Fiesta goer would have reset until he got the mage masher proc every time he swung in. :shepface:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
You could steal a reflect ring at the Phoenix tower?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I got two reflect rings climbing Barrier tower without even trying to grind.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Feldegast42 posted:

I'll admit it -- I changed one of my jobs to MK with silence blade in order to get through Omniscient on my fiesta run. I forgot to grind for reflect rings and my job list was Knight / Beastmaster / Ranger / Gladiator so no magic damage.

Its a moment of weakness though, since a true Fiesta goer would have reset until he got the mage masher proc every time he swung in. :shepface:

I'd release something that casts Rainbow Wind (like an Oiseaurare from the Island Shrine) and then have two of three of these queued up: 1) Rapid Fire Chicken Knife from the Ranger, 2) Rapid Fire Excalibur from the Knight, and 3) whatever crazy thing a Gladiator can do; that might get him down below 4000. Then let him kill himself on the reflect ring you steal from the ladies in the Phoenix Tower.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

OzFactor posted:

I'd release something that casts Rainbow Wind (like an Oiseaurare from the Island Shrine) and then have two of three of these queued up: 1) Rapid Fire Chicken Knife from the Ranger, 2) Rapid Fire Excalibur from the Knight, and 3) whatever crazy thing a Gladiator can do; that might get him down below 4000. Then let him kill himself on the reflect ring you steal from the ladies in the Phoenix Tower.

Part of the problem with the Forbidden run is you can't get your fourth class until after you beat all the tablet dungeons unless you use a patch.

Also no one in that group can steal.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Part of the problem with the Forbidden run is you can't get your fourth class until after you beat all the tablet dungeons unless you use a patch.

Also no one in that group can steal.

Everyone but a party of Monks and White Mages can steal in World 3.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Monk, White Mage and Oracle are the only three classes that have no way of Stealing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Haven't really fought Omega with very many party combinations. Would a natural ff1 run of Thf/Blm/Whm/Knt have reasonable means of taking him down?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I don't know why Gilgabot loves me so much at the moment, but I fear I'm going to pay dearly for it somewhere down the line.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1009908831764275202
RIP Berserker. I'll avenge you though.

Leraika posted:

Also. :toxx: time:

I will donate $1 for every completed Forbidden run where Bartz is named Exodia, up to $40.

If forbidden ends up being sucky and unfun like natural, I'll also donate $.50 for every completed run where Bartz is named Exodia, period, up to $20.

edit: yes, they stack

derra posted:

Ok, I’ll get in on this. You guys fight too much.

:toxx: I pledge to donate 5 dollars (once per person, max $50) for everyone who meets all the following requirements:

1) Triple Crowns
2) with a total party level under 100 and
3) with no individual party member having a level greater than 30.

Include a screenshot of your final levels!

Poque posted:

:toxx:

For each goon who finishes an official fiesta run before I do, I will donate $10, up to $750. To my disadvantage, this is likely to be among my busiest work weeks of the year. Limit two runs per goon.

Triple Crown, Triple toxx challenges complete.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Zerilan posted:

Haven't really fought Omega with very many party combinations. Would a natural ff1 run of Thf/Blm/Whm/Knt have reasonable means of taking him down?

Mayyybe? White mage should make it relatively easy to survive Omega's attack routine, and for offense you can do the "3x reflect ring and thundaga your party" trick to avoid counters. The only issue is that since this is natural, I'm not sure if just one white mage will be able to pick people off the ground fast enough.

Actually, with white mage, it might be better to apply reflect manually and leave the rings at home. That frees up the accessory slot for something like hermes sandals or flame rings and lets you heal/cast shell on people while they're still standing.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Everyone but a party of Monks and White Mages can steal in World 3.

Even if they couldn't, they drop them occasionally anyway.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

You need a magic multiplier of at least 5 for lightning scrolls to deal more than 1,000, so as long as your tosser is level... 6.

At level 35 with the Circlet, Black Robe, and Aegis Shield, Bartz hits an M of 11. With a Thunder Rod or Magus Rod boosting lightning, that's nearly 2000 damage per scroll.

E: I forgot the shell so you tie 1000 needles at that point. Lighting Scrolls cost 0 MP and scale upwards with more levels, which always helps.

After crunching the math... I'd only need to eat 23 pairs of counters at my current level. If I go all the way to 99, I'd only need 12. .:shepicide:

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Grats Huzzah! and noted.

Also, I asked earlier - Gaia does NOT break sleep. Source: me killing Atomos right now with only Sleep Blade as a source of sleep.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

derra posted:

Also, I asked earlier - Gaia does NOT break sleep. Source: me killing Atomos right now with only Sleep Blade as a source of sleep.

!Gaia works similar to throwing scrolls, or using !Animals. It doesn't break Sleep/Confuse, but it also earns you a Reset from the rugwizard because that hippie poo poo ain't magic. Sorry I hadn't noticed the question before.

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

Another forbidden exodia run (except on steam)

Omega, sadly, while he took damage, he'd counter everything including Chaos Cannon, so I couldn't reliably deal with him.

Shinryu was pretty trivial with Combine having berserk, dragon shot, and my red on revival duty.

NED had me grind up a bit extra for the Almagest hp buffer and cannons being only level-based, but once I had that he was pretty easy with more dragon shots to kill Grand Cross quickly then spamming needle shot since 3k fixed was still better than non-weakness shots.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I see all y'all's exodia wins; I'll make a new compilation post and update my poo poo tomorrow.

Also: yeesh the player sprites look bad on steam.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I've got a Whitemage, Beastmaster, Dragoon and Cannoneer. What the hell can do I to beat Omniscient!?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

The General posted:

I've got a Whitemage, Beastmaster, Dragoon and Cannoneer. What the hell can do I to beat Omniscient!?

Equip Reflect Rings and wait a long time.

Or actively cast reflect and dispel, and chug ethers as needed. That should let you reflect enough damage to kill him before his MP runs out.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

The General posted:

If you're not playing on the Matrix (mobile/Steam) version, take your White Mage and a Dragoon, hit Omniscient with Berserk, then just kill him with physical attacks from the Dragoon while keeping your party alive with a combination of Blink and healing spells from the White Mage.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

He does eventually run out of MP? I've got the reflect rings, but he just sits there and heals anything I reflect back at him.
Edit: I'm playing on the GBA one.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

The General posted:

He does eventually run out of MP? I've got the reflect rings, but he just sits there and heals anything I reflect back at him.
Edit: I'm playing on the GBA one.

He's got like 30k MP.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I am hella PEEVED posted:

He's got like 30k MP.

That said if you ever silence him, shove an Ether in his face and it'll reduce that to 9999.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Leraika posted:

Also. :toxx: time:

I will donate $1 for every completed Forbidden run where Bartz is named Exodia, up to $40.

If forbidden ends up being sucky and unfun like natural, I'll also donate $.50 for every completed run where Bartz is named Exodia, period, up to $20.

edit: yes, they stack

Freelancer, Ranger, Black, Ninja (Pure Chaos)

Super easy run!

Tempest_56 posted:

Alright, :toxx: time. I failed my Risk run last year so:

I will donate $5 (up to $50) for every completed run with a full strength Brave Blade to counter my cowardice in the face of too many Zerks last year. I will double that if you do it without a Knight.

Poque posted:

For each goon who finishes an official fiesta run before I do, I will donate $10, up to $750. To my disadvantage, this is likely to be among my busiest work weeks of the year. Limit two runs per goon.

Hopefully this one is still valid I dragged my feet.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
^^^^ just barely made it! ^^^^

First run of the year down! (mini'd char is Samurai) I liked this party a lot more than I thought. Beastmaster is solid.

Poque posted:

I count 28. In order:
Admiral Joeslop
derra
Orange Fluffy Sheep
berenzen
Blue Link
Saigyouji
FreeKillB
derra (2)
Shyfted One
Serene Dragon
CapitalistPig
dis astraganant
Zerilan
Novasol
Admiral Joeslop (2)
Samuel Clemens
Shyfted One (2)
AlphaKretin
Edwhirl
Sakako
Hiilai
StrangeAeon
Edward_Tohr
BadMedic
Geocities Homepage King
Huzzah!
Kobata
Fat and Useless

I'll wait a bit before sending the donation to confirm the total but that's $280.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
If you have whitemage, you can just chain cast silence on the rugwizard and then sneak hits in while he's silent. Unless you're like super low level you should outdamage his regen.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
https://twitter.com/D_Amagai/status/1009996009915723776

...and I get White Mage first : ) Time to grind to 10 before Wing Raptor!

Edit - Black 2nd ~PARTY TIME~

derra fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 22, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Shin's down and this run is complete, next up is FOUR MONK FIESTA

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I'm definitely going slow on my Forbidden run, but Time / Geo / Ranger is a good start.

I'm totally going to get Time voided.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Man I really like World 1 - the dungeons are brief, you get new jobs regularly -- and World 3 -- you get new gear and spells with every single dungeon and Cleft is a pretty fantastic boss rush -- but World 2 is just a monstrous slog that I never look forward to.

"Take on this grueling dungeon! Your reward? ANOTHER grueling dungeon!"

In particular the Dragon Valley -> Barrier Tower -> Forest of Moore -> Meatcastle stretch is just really punishing, especially if you don't have a good composition and are trying to push through it with something really janky. I've beaten FF5 "regularly" several times, World 2 is probably the best balanced of the entire game in terms of challenge and design, but in a FJF it's like goddamn.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Time to try a forbidden run!

Monk
Mystic Knight
Chemist
Cannoneer

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra