Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
All I know is that our IT team really wants to take me for chili on spaghetti so wtf Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tendai posted:

All I know is that our IT team really wants to take me for chili on spaghetti so wtf Ohio

Don't fall for it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tendai posted:

Chili on spaghetti is just spaghetti because chili is a sauce and doesn't have beans in it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Chili on spaghetti is just spaghetti because chili is a sauce and doesn't have beans in it.

Spaghetti with anything on it is still spaghetti. There are just some things that don't go on spaghetti, is all.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Skyline chili is trash garbage and they are trying to play an awful prank on you.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*reluctantly un-checks-off "Ohio"*

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Internet Wizard posted:

Skyline chili is trash garbage and they are trying to play an awful prank on you.

Clearly incorrect. It's literally the only thing I miss about SW Ohio. Burn it down, and start over, and make sure that the Skylines are rebuilt first. I'm one of the lucky one's though, we have one on the east side of Cleveland.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Not sure if this goes here or IOSM. The person who shared it on my feed was almost certainly serious about it.

I returned to the ham scam post today to see if my friend had taken it down upon realizing her mistake, and instead found that facebook is protecting me from seeing the horror of ham.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Chili and spaghetti were basically the first two meals I learned to cook at age 14, when my parents asked me to make dinner once a week to help out.

Looking back, I laugh a little because the chili and the spaghetti sauce I made were essentially the same recipe that differed in seasoning and whether or not there were beans in it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SpacePig posted:

Spaghetti with anything on it is still spaghetti. There are just some things that don't go on spaghetti, is all.

Pea soup is great on macaroni LIFE HACK

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I returned to the ham scam post today to see if my friend had taken it down upon realizing her mistake, and instead found that facebook is protecting me from seeing the horror of ham.

Maybe they think you're Jewish/Muslim?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Clearly incorrect. It's literally the only thing I miss about SW Ohio. Burn it down, and start over, and make sure that the Skylines are rebuilt first. I'm one of the lucky one's though, we have one on the east side of Cleveland.

Ex-Ohioan here and I will join you in the battle to come comrade. (I always preferred Gold Star but I'm too fat to me picky)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tendai posted:

They put cinnamon in their chili. Cinnamon. I'd rather eat that French onion soup packet and bean abomination than skyline chili. Chilimac in general is really good, but not if you use Ohio's war crime of a soup.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Solice Kirsk posted:

They put cinnamon in their chili. Cinnamon. I'd rather eat that French onion soup packet and bean abomination than skyline chili. Chilimac in general is really good, but not if you use Ohio's war crime of a soup.

Have you tried Cinnamon in your chili? It sounds like it would be a nice compliment to some mild / medium spices. gently caress, I might try it.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Cinnamon in chili is good. Same with apples and molasses! As long as you have enough heat to balance the sweet, you can add all kinds of crazy crap!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’ve even tried cinnamon for spicing roast beef. It’s a good addition in small amounts.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

If it makes you feel better, remember that when your plane crashes, it won't hurt. Yes, it will be terrifying as the increasingly severe turbulence shakes the plane until the lights are flickering on and off, and luggage is flying out of the overhead bins, which have burst open. Yes, when the pilot loses control, and the plane begins to plummet to earth, you'll be frightened almost beyond belief. It will be like being stuck on a roller coaster with an infinitely-downward first hill. As the control surface malfunction caused by extreme airspeed over the wings causes the plane to begin spinning, you'll be flung from your seat (the flimsy seat belt will be useless, at this point), and pinned to the walls, as will your fellow passengers. The sound of their screaming, and your own, mingled with the sounds of mechanical struggle, structural failure, and, oh God, the wind, will make an unearthly cacophony the likes of which few people ever experience. However, when your aircraft impacts the ground, it will be with such speed and violence, that your body will be immediately rendered into a fine paste, and incinerated. Your brain will have no time to process any sort of sensation. You will feel nothing. You won't even be aware that you have crossed the threshold from life into death. You will just be... done.

It seems not so bad, except for the scary prelude.

Oh that's overblowing it entirely. Only like 27% of fatal airline accidents begin at Cruise phase, and most of those are Controlled Flight Into Terrain; you'd have no time to worry, and maybe even one hell of a view for a second or two!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Aleph Null posted:

Have you tried Cinnamon in your chili? It sounds like it would be a nice compliment to some mild / medium spices. gently caress, I might try it.

I have and it’s awful.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Cinnamon in chili is good. Same with apples and molasses! As long as you have enough heat to balance the sweet, you can add all kinds of crazy crap!

Cinnamon, apples and molasses? My dude are you sure you're not just making a pie

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ak Gara posted:

Is that computer fighter wearing french frilly garter bands on his arms?

I mean, every fighter needs a style, I guess?

It's probably just handwraps and the black is the game being weird about shadows.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

RareAcumen posted:

It's probably just handwraps and the black is the game being weird about shadows.
Yeah they're traditional Muay Thai handwraps/ropes

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Aleph Null posted:

True cinnamon is great in chili - its got a warm heat to it. Cassia cinnamon is awful for chili.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is an utterly wrong opinion.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cocoa too, as I recall. poo poo's the best drunk food ever for some reason. When I was at U of D, after closing all the bars on Brown St., the 24hr Skyline was an oasis. $1 coney dogs settle even the angriest of drunk stomachs.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Cocoa too, as I recall. poo poo's the best drunk food ever for some reason. When I was at U of D, after closing all the bars on Brown St., the 24hr Skyline was an oasis. $1 coney dogs settle even the angriest of drunk stomachs.

Oh hey i know someone that went to U of D!
it was your mom :v:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

I would straight murder one of y'all for some Skyline.

hamsystem has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Jun 22, 2018

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hamsystem posted:

savages

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

hamsystem posted:

Melt the cheese. This is a laywer.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Never had cinnamon on chilli but cinnamon rolls and chilli are a match made in heaven.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cinnamon is a great savory spice though

Now if it's cinnamon and sugar they can probably gently caress off

Caufman
May 7, 2007

hamsystem posted:

Lol, I'd murder any number of you and turn you all into chili cheese dogs, even if I couldn't finish it all, which is unlikely but possible.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

hamsystem posted:

As disgusting as those are, it's nice knowing my life is worth something

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

There's not nearly enough celery salt or onions on those hot dogs.

Yes, I grew up near Rhode Island, why do you ask?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That looks so disgusting. Why isn’t the cheese at least melted?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

RCarr posted:

The customer is supposed to hold it near the Cuyahoga themselves.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah they're traditional Muay Thai handwraps/ropes

He isn't talking about the handwraps. Look at the upper arms.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

The customer is supposed to hold it near the Cuyahoga themselves.

Mmm, that's good cookin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

RCarr posted:

Unmelted shredded cheese tastes better