Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Earwicker posted:

i would much rather play CyberDijkstra aka Guccifer2000
Finally, someone else with impeccable taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Where was this

1:11.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Where was this

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I skipped over a lot of posts because I stopped caring; Does the 2020 tabletop have some kind of mechanic for losing "humanity" when you get more cyberware? Kind of like Shadowrun's Essence (you can get awesome cybertech but you only have a limited pool of points and it's bad for mages cause it raises cooldowns)

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

I skipped over a lot of posts because I stopped caring; Does the 2020 tabletop have some kind of mechanic for losing "humanity" when you get more cyberware? Kind of like Shadowrun's Essence (you can get awesome cybertech but you only have a limited pool of points and it's bad for mages cause it raises cooldowns)

yes.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
In the tabletop, Humanity is equal to 10x a character's Empathy ability score (which can range from 2-10 at creation, and is a measure of how well a person can relate to other people). Minor augments (anything above straight up standard part replacement/prosthetics or low cosmetic and gender reassignment surgery) usually cost 0.5 Humanity and are things like microscopes built into your eyes and radar detection, something more advanced like a flamethrower built into your arm is like 2d6 Humanity Cost, straight up replacing your face with an armored-plated robotic mask is like 4d6 Humanity Cost, and the extreme of a fully-mechanical frame piloted by a brain that can range from 16d6 to 42d6+3 Humanity Cost (the latter is a special warbot frame that they have to keep constantly drugged and given simple instructions). Constant psychological therapy can restore lost Humanity over time (like 2 HC per week), but it's an expensive option; having cybernetics uninstalled also helps recover Humanity (but the loss is pretty mentally taxing on the person, frequently resulting in depression). Every 10 Humanity lost is a full on point reduction of Empathy (until the Humanity is restored somehow). 3 Empathy is considered a cold and distant person, 2 Empathy is outright unpleasant to others on a normal day, 1 Empathy is actively violent and sociopathic, and 0 Empathy is Cyberpsycho territory (PC forcibly becomes an NPC).

Should be noted that higher Empathy doesn't necessarily translate to being a kinder individual, because it's also the providence of being able to lie convincingly and manipulate people against their own best interests, it's just a measure of how well you can relate to and interact with other organic lifeforms. And it's not a stat in 2077's computer game as far as I know.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Hogama posted:

In the tabletop, Humanity is equal to 10x a character's Empathy ability score (which can range from 2-10 at creation, and is a measure of how well a person can relate to other people). Minor augments (anything above straight up standard part replacement/prosthetics or low cosmetic and gender reassignment surgery) usually cost 0.5 Humanity and are things like microscopes built into your eyes and radar detection, something more advanced like a flamethrower built into your arm is like 2d6 Humanity Cost, straight up replacing your face with an armored-plated robotic mask is like 4d6 Humanity Cost, and the extreme of a fully-mechanical frame piloted by a brain that can range from 16d6 to 42d6+3 Humanity Cost (the latter is a special warbot frame that they have to keep constantly drugged and given simple instructions). Constant psychological therapy can restore lost Humanity over time (like 2 HC per week), but it's an expensive option; having cybernetics uninstalled also helps recover Humanity (but the loss is pretty mentally taxing on the person, frequently resulting in depression). Every 10 Humanity lost is a full on point reduction of Empathy (until the Humanity is restored somehow). 3 Empathy is considered a cold and distant person, 2 Empathy is outright unpleasant to others on a normal day, 1 Empathy is actively violent and sociopathic, and 0 Empathy is Cyberpsycho territory (PC forcibly becomes an NPC).

Should be noted that higher Empathy doesn't necessarily translate to being a kinder individual, because it's also the providence of being able to lie convincingly and manipulate people against their own best interests, it's just a measure of how well you can relate to and interact with other organic lifeforms. And it's not a stat in 2077's computer game as far as I know.

Cyberware Autism

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Just thinking about this game has got me on a Cyberpunk kick, so I watched Altered Carbon on Netflix. It's not bad, scratches the itch, and also has a scene that's just a cop fighting a bunch of sexy naked clones.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Good show.

Hope they make a 2nd season.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

mauman posted:

Good show.

I think it will get one really need more Cyberpunk type tv series / films

I'll definately be getting a top of the range pc for Cyberpunk don't think I can be arsed with the next console generation

I want to run this game at MAXIMUM POWA

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Megazver posted:

I am okay with no cameo but I think they'd be dumb not to make CyberGeralt and CyberCiri as two of the standard presets in the character editors, since so many people already want to play the game as them.

Jesus Christ.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Like why the gently caress do people want to play a completely irrelevant character from another game with no connection as a default setting? gently caress this poo poo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JBP posted:

Like why the gently caress do people want to play a completely irrelevant character from another game with no connection as a default setting? gently caress this poo poo.

Every fucker dressed their Dragon Age Inquisition heroes as Game of Thrones characters.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Didn't Dragon Age Origin come with (a preorder bonus?) a set of N7 armor from Mass Effect? Games do weird crossover poo poo like that all the time regardless of if it fits in the game's theme or not.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Steve2911 posted:

Every fucker dressed their Dragon Age Inquisition heroes as Game of Thrones characters.

Did they get made by the same developer?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Potsticker posted:

Didn't Dragon Age Origin come with (a preorder bonus?) a set of N7 armor from Mass Effect? Games do weird crossover poo poo like that all the time regardless of if it fits in the game's theme or not.

And Mass Effect 2 had this.

Also this thread is really getting mad over weird things. "CIRI NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME" "NO I DON'T WANT CIRI" "WELL AT LEAST LET US MAKE A CHARACTER WHO LOOKS LIKE CIRI" "PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEIR CHARACTER LOOK LIKE ANYONE FROM ANOTHER GAME NEED TO DIE"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JBP posted:

Did they get made by the same developer?

Yes. (?)

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hey at least the Dragon Age armor in Mass Effect looks decent, the worst crossover ever is probably the Masterchief set you could get in Fable 2.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GrossMurpel posted:

And Mass Effect 2 had this.

Also this thread is really getting mad over weird things. "CIRI NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME" "NO I DON'T WANT CIRI" "WELL AT LEAST LET US MAKE A CHARACTER WHO LOOKS LIKE CIRI" "PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEIR CHARACTER LOOK LIKE ANYONE FROM ANOTHER GAME NEED TO DIE"

Because it's been going for six pages or something

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

That's what happens when we run out of new information. That said, I'm hoping we get more before Gamescom, which is the next scheduled release afaik.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Trenchdeep posted:

That's what happens when we run out of new information. That said, I'm hoping we get more before Gamescom, which is the next scheduled release afaik.
My guess is that the next drop of information released will be CDPR making the secret demo thing public in about 6-12 months.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I wanna have a Boss Nass style cyberneckpouch. Just be cyberobese as gently caress. I can keep all my cyberloot in there.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Hogama posted:

And it's not a stat in 2077's computer game as far as I know.

Yeah, there are cyber upgrades that are mandatory for story progression according to this guy:

And since empathy isn't one of the stats it looks like 2077 won't feature players going into cyberpsychosis unless they decide to make it a plot point later into the game or something like that.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
When this is a huge hit I hope somebody will make an SR game along the same lines by 2025.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I was kinda hoping for the option of completing the game with no cybernetics at all, if only to have a Hell difficulty after beating the game a few times.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Buckets posted:

Yeah, there are cyber upgrades that are mandatory for story progression according to this guy:

And since empathy isn't one of the stats it looks like 2077 won't feature players going into cyberpsychosis unless they decide to make it a plot point later into the game or something like that.

I'd imagine you'd also get some basic quality-of-life stuff like a HUD and maybe some stealth helpers as a matter of tutorialising. "This is how you go about purchasing cybernetic upgrades, and oh look this one just happens to unlock a required gameplay feature. You should need to buy it."

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

GrossMurpel posted:

I've witnessed a lot of pointless video game arguments but this thread is the absolute weirdest one I've ever read.

At first I thought it had to be an extended meta-joke like the Margarita Machine thread but apparently not.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Buckets posted:

Can't be Togusa? loving dropped.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I figured out why Ciri is so important: in this game we won’t be playing her pseudo dad so it will be acceptable to gently caress her.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Since I read someone a million pages back wonder about melee combat options here is a relevant quote from this:

quote:

Players can single out particular limbs, whether chopping at arms with a katana of blasting out knees with a shotgun. This isn’t spray and pray – you approach an enemy tactically and switch up your weapons based on their defence or skillset.

“When it comes to combat we have three different types of weapons. Each are for a different approach to the gameplay,” says Pietras. “What I can tell you about hand-to-hand combat is that we will have it; where you can use the katana or other weapons. It’s a cool thing because we have a dismembering system. It’s visceral, it’s brutal.”

Whether you'll be able to keep the severed limbs of your honorably defeated enemies as trophies is still up in the air though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why's it always gotta be a katana, what if I want to use a cyber-rapier

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

mauman posted:

Good show.

I regret to report that the two sequels to Altered Carbon were tonally completely different, and are generally considered to be quite a bit worse than the first book.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

friendly 2 da void posted:

I've witnessed a lot of pointless video game arguments but this thread is the absolute weirdest one I've ever read.

At first I thought it had to be an extended meta-joke like the Margarita Machine thread but apparently not.

Meh, I've seen worse.

communism bitch posted:

I regret to report that the two sequels to Altered Carbon were tonally completely different, and are generally considered to be quite a bit worse than the first book.

To my understanding there were differences between the book and the show. Who's to say that any further seasons might be different (in a good way)?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

mauman posted:

To my understanding there were differences between the book and the show. Who's to say that any further seasons might be different (in a good way)?

The TV series of Altered Carbon made some pretty incomprehensible changes from the book. I've only read (well, listened) to the first one, but my understanding is that the changes they've made would actually make the later books unadaptable, so they'll almost certainly have to come up with their own novel storyline.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Can't be a rapier if you want to sever limbs, rapier are thrusting weapons, not cutting ones. :eng101:

But yes, give me a cyber-cutlass, or a cyber-bearded axe.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You know why.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Equipping a katana immediately sets your humanity to 0.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can I replace the top of my skull to be fedora-shaped?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

If you want a :catdrugs: and batshit insane sorta Cyberpunkish (though also very 40K) game with a lot of options but also some jank E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy is quite fun.
As a reviewer put it: Your starter gun has 2 modes: Full Auto, and Fuller Auto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Look at these chumps who won't be playing Hiro Protagonist