Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Guy on the right isn't guy on the left. He was just making a joke about the exchange (and has since been mention flooded off of twitter thanks to this linkage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Azhais posted:

Guy on the right isn't guy on the left. He was just making a joke about the exchange (and has since been mention flooded off of twitter thanks to this linkage)

lol that guy's getting hatemail when he was very clearly making a joke

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I think this may be the craziest resisting arrest video I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-7b2sIv54

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

That initial cop was crazy patient.

The one that showed up and started shooting at a moving vehicle filled with kids? Not so much.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Cops are a land of contrasts.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Zil posted:

Caveat semenis masturbatione emptier
Or something like that.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Zaphod42 posted:

:cop:: Would you like to plead guilty to the misdemeanor and pay the fine, or go in front of a judge?

:byodame:: GEE I DUNNO HOW ABOUT A DOZEN FELONIES

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Stare-Out posted:

Seriously thought this was from The Accused for a moment.

this made me laugh and i'm going to hell

jodie, i'm so sorry

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
https://i.imgur.com/0OoA4Bz.gifv

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nonvalueadded User posted:

Or something like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smmAuiJ-lxY&t=125s

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It worked for the sacred band of thebes.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Zaphod42 posted:

Is it normal procedure in New Mexico that you have to declare whether you are going to pay off a ticket or go to court before the cop will let you go? I'm from the east coast and every ticket I've ever heard of anyone getting the cop gives you the ticket and lets you go. You still have the option of going on to court on the right day or paying it off in advance. But the cops don't hold you there until you tell them what you are going to do. And I can understand in a stressful situation with your kids with you might not be the best mindset for "Ma'am, you HAVE to tell me what you are going to do right this instant."

I'm not feeling a lot of schadenfreude from this video to be honest. This lady totally hosed up by driving 71 in a 55 (with kids in the car), having an expired license and then running off from the officer twice.
I'm not going to defend her obvious illegal and stupid decision-making, but I'm annoyed that the officer didn't explain the choices to her very well (you can hear him clarify that she didn't have to pay it right that minute, which she was obviously confused by), then when she wouldn't make a decision he insists that the only option is that he is taking her to a judge immediately, which is what prompted her fight-or-flight response.
Maybe I would find this more humorous if the lady was more arrogant or uppity but I mainly just hear fear and terror in her voice because she is afraid of the possibility of: being assaulted if she leaves her car, or leaving the kids alone in the car, or that she'll be carted off to jail immediately or that her or her kids will be shot to death by rear end in a top hat cops on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.

I also don't really appreciate the typed commentary on the video. When the lady pulls over after trying to drive off the first time, a teenage boy gets out of the van briefly, presumably to come to the rescue of his mom if he needs to. The commentator decided to add in "I'm gong to guess...there is no father active in this boy's life...", which seems like a super dog-whistlely way of saying "this young kid is in a stressful situation and trying to defend his mom but he fact that he's ignoring a cop's orders must be because of a bad home life.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/369u3DH.gifv

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Deleted :(

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Collisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B64jIdcltFA

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

do people think brakes are scream-activated?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Fatties on rope swings: Not Even Once.

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

6 months probation, 40 hours community service and a class. Also her felonies got wiped after probation.

Link to story.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

King of Foolians posted:

I also don't really appreciate the typed commentary on the video. When the lady pulls over after trying to drive off the first time, a teenage boy gets out of the van briefly, presumably to come to the rescue of his mom if he needs to. The commentator decided to add in "I'm gong to guess...there is no father active in this boy's life...", which seems like a super dog-whistlely way of saying "this young kid is in a stressful situation and trying to defend his mom but he fact that he's ignoring a cop's orders must be because of a bad home life.

that's just very thinly veiled racism that translates to "they're black, so obviously the father's not around"

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

That initial cop was crazy patient.

The one that showed up and started shooting at a moving vehicle filled with kids? Not so much.

It started off so reasonble, with the cop being patient, and polite, but it’s like cops just can’t help themselves, and must behave like cartoon villains at some point in any slightly off-center interaction. There was absolutely no justification for that cop to be unloading his gun into the back of a minivan with six loving kids in it. Jesus Christ.

I don’t imagine it will be long before someone comes in to tell us that the cop’s form was perfect, and he only fired three shots, and he was totally going to shoot out the tires and not hit any kids, and, anyway, they were breaking the law, so he was totally justified.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It started off so reasonble, with the cop being patient, and polite, but it’s like cops just can’t help themselves, and must behave like cartoon villains at some point in any slightly off-center interaction. There was absolutely no justification for that cop to be unloading his gun into the back of a minivan with six loving kids in it. Jesus Christ.

I don’t imagine it will be long before someone comes in to tell us that the cop’s form was perfect, and he only fired three shots, and he was totally going to shoot out the tires and not hit any kids, and, anyway, they were breaking the law, so he was totally justified.

Cops are supposed to be trained carefully in force escalation, but this usually gets countered by a message that cops are also in extreme danger at any given time. They really like to show stuff like the Officer Dinkheller shooting as an example of how quickly an encounter can suddenly turn into someone drawing a gun and unloading on you. Never mind that these instances are extraordinarily rare, it instills a fear in officers that any random person (no matter how kind) could secretly be a crazy person planning on murdering you as soon as your back is turned. Combine this with training that they should always be the force of authority and most powerful person in the room and that the only methods for ensuring compliance are screaming and violence, and you get this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEitaO4xR0

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/fUny4o2.mp4

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Transmogrifier posted:

Apparently Roseanne Barr is not happy about no longer being in television.

Yeah, I think we can all remember when we were up at 2AM on Memorial weekend, strung out on ambien making a bunch of racist tweets. Helluva time right fellas?

And some actual schad...

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/ABZ3ZlG.mp4

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Piñatas, the one time you can act like a cop and get away with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsaqgsNijz4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Seems like the only actual outcome that could be expected, so well executed mr jetski

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

There was absolutely no justification for that cop to be unloading his gun into the back of a minivan with six loving kids in it. Jesus Christ.

Seriously. gently caress that guy. That was horrible, and there was no reason for that kind of reaction. I'm glad he lost his job over it. (Sadly, he did get another as a deputy.) I don't know how being released for excessive use of force, would not auto-flag someone to not be hired for a law enforcement job ever again.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

King of Foolians posted:

Is it normal procedure in New Mexico that you have to declare whether you are going to pay off a ticket or go to court before the cop will let you go? I'm from the east coast and every ticket I've ever heard of anyone getting the cop gives you the ticket and lets you go. You still have the option of going on to court on the right day or paying it off in advance. But the cops don't hold you there until you tell them what you are going to do. And I can understand in a stressful situation with your kids with you might not be the best mindset for "Ma'am, you HAVE to tell me what you are going to do right this instant."

I'm not feeling a lot of schadenfreude from this video to be honest. This lady totally hosed up by driving 71 in a 55 (with kids in the car), having an expired license and then running off from the officer twice.
I'm not going to defend her obvious illegal and stupid decision-making, but I'm annoyed that the officer didn't explain the choices to her very well (you can hear him clarify that she didn't have to pay it right that minute, which she was obviously confused by), then when she wouldn't make a decision he insists that the only option is that he is taking her to a judge immediately, which is what prompted her fight-or-flight response.
Maybe I would find this more humorous if the lady was more arrogant or uppity but I mainly just hear fear and terror in her voice because she is afraid of the possibility of: being assaulted if she leaves her car, or leaving the kids alone in the car, or that she'll be carted off to jail immediately or that her or her kids will be shot to death by rear end in a top hat cops on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.

just check the other videos on the channel. choice titles like -white girl vs black girl whos the worst offender- and -"Dudin Nuffins" getting arrested-

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

PicklePants posted:

Seriously. gently caress that guy. That was horrible, and there was no reason for that kind of reaction. I'm glad he lost his job over it. (Sadly, he did get another as a deputy.) I don't know how being released for excessive use of force, would not auto-flag someone to not be hired for a law enforcement job ever again.

im a pro union guy but the cop union is behind poo poo like this. They get the rear end in a top hat to agree to a low severance pay / quit but in return the department / city cant tell any other department / city who want to hire him what a loving piece of poo poo he is.

snergle has a new favorite as of 06:35 on Jun 26, 2018

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

PicklePants posted:

Notice it's the same cop who could have prevented the entire situation by just parking nose-to-nose - or even like 3 feet over - from where he had parked. I don't want to say he had it in mind "Hey, if I block them in, they won't be able to escape and I won't be able to prove my manliness by shooting at them", but I can't really think of any reason why he wouldn't.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

chitoryu12 posted:

Cops are supposed to be trained carefully in force escalation, but this usually gets countered by a message that cops are also in extreme danger at any given time. They really like to show stuff like the Officer Dinkheller shooting as an example of how quickly an encounter can suddenly turn into someone drawing a gun and unloading on you. Never mind that these instances are extraordinarily rare, it instills a fear in officers that any random person (no matter how kind) could secretly be a crazy person planning on murdering you as soon as your back is turned. Combine this with training that they should always be the force of authority and most powerful person in the room and that the only methods for ensuring compliance are screaming and violence, and you get this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEitaO4xR0

Not to mention that for liability reasons, cops are basically trained that rather than firing a warning shot and trying to get people to drop their guns, if they feel threatened enough to fire one shot, they should just unload the weapon and shoot to kill. Because its easier to argue against a corpse in court than it is to argue against someone bleeding on the stand. Sad but true. Also you've got a "better us than them" mentality.

On the other hand, how can you live in the US in post-9/11 era and not know that if the cops start yelling poo poo at you, resisting is only going to make your life a billion times worse. Just do what they say holy gently caress.

A lot of people seem completely bewildered that cops would force-ably arrest them. Like because of the constitution cops have to ask you to kindly arrest yourself and follow them to the station or something. How ignorant can you be? Watch an episode of law and order or cops sometime at the very least.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

Not to mention that for liability reasons, cops are basically trained that rather than firing a warning shot and trying to get people to drop their guns, if they feel threatened enough to fire one shot, they should just unload the weapon and shoot to kill. Because its easier to argue against a corpse in court than it is to argue against someone bleeding on the stand. Sad but true. Also you've got a "better us than them" mentality.

On the other hand, how can you live in the US in post-9/11 era and not know that if the cops start yelling poo poo at you, resisting is only going to make your life a billion times worse. Just do what they say holy gently caress.

A lot of people seem completely bewildered that cops would force-ably arrest them. Like because of the constitution cops have to ask you to kindly arrest yourself and follow them to the station or something. How ignorant can you be? Watch an episode of law and order or cops sometime at the very least.

I’m very against warning shots because of the risk of the bullet hitting something or someone it’s not supposed to, but I generally take the position that even drawing a gun is a last resort for self-defense or defense of others and that you don’t pull the trigger until it’s the only option to save lives. Cops have at least three other weapons available and are supposed to be trained in deescalation and unarmed combat. Use it.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

There's like a dozen trillion examples of blacks doing that that they still get killed. The one that sticks in my mind was the one where a boyfriend got killed in the driver seat, the girlfriend is sobbing and the cop is just itching to get a 3 combo(the woman's child is there) and the child is calm and trying to console her mother.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Or where the kid was sobbing, crawling down a hotel hallway AS INSTRUCTED, and still shot.

Holy poo poo I get so angry thinking about that.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Or where the kid was sobbing, crawling down a hotel hallway AS INSTRUCTED, and still shot.

Thaaaaaat video makes me homicidally angry

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Zipperelli. posted:

Thaaaaaat video makes me homicidally angry

The United States belongs in the thread, period. It's a wonder it hasn't imploded yet.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

There's like a dozen trillion examples of blacks doing that that they still get killed. The one that sticks in my mind was the one where a boyfriend got killed in the driver seat, the girlfriend is sobbing and the cop is just itching to get a 3 combo(the woman's child is there) and the child is calm and trying to console her mother.

Nobody is saying otherwise dude

I know this is really hard but... some cops are dumb... and some people are dumb. Neither group is 100% perfect. Pretty basic concept.

Nowhere did I loving say "do what cops say and nothing bad will happen to you" Lots of innocent people get hosed. But fighting with cops isn't going to improve the situation and when the cops aren't actually dicks then it just creates a problem where there wasn't one.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Jun 26, 2018

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

Nobody is saying otherwise dude

I know this is really hard but... some cops are dumb... and some people are dumb. Neither group is 100% perfect. Pretty basic concept.

Nowhere did I loving say "do what cops say and nothing bad will happen to you" Lots of innocent people get hosed. But fighting with cops isn't going to improve the situation and when the cops aren't actually dicks then it just creates a problem where there wasn't one.

I think the point that's trying to be put across is that even if you're 100% compliant with the police, you can still be shot and killed at the officers discretion, based mostly on the paper bag test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Zipperelli. posted:

I think the point that's trying to be put across is that even if you're 100% compliant with the police, you can still be shot and killed at the officers discretion, based mostly on the paper bag test.

But the counterpoint is that doing what the cop says reduces that chance, whereas starting to fight the cop and running increases it. It's a poo poo situation, but there are ways to make it worse.