Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah I occasionally watch Nerdcubed (don't judge me) and while his YouTube LPs are just standard "say wacky things over game" the Twitch stands are like two thirds his wife giving nerds basic life advice.

I'm not actually knocking it, it's strangely sweet, but at the same time there's this whole "donate to us and we'll provide you with the absolute base level of human interaction" which makes me quite sad for everyone involved.

At least Dan is actually funny, edits his videos, and does more than screech loudly. And his wacky commentary is relevant to the game instead of two or three guys just yelling at each other about bullshit while playing a game in the background.

Schadenfreude on anyone trying to watch Game Grumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Weird, I thought getting hammered by Daddy Trump was exactly what they wanted.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AllenTweeetz/status/1011285886183661568?s=19

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/XrmaYoF.mp4

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Potato Jesus v2.0

https://twitter.com/frieze_magazine/status/1011650320160755712

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

You gotta do the coloring by the book.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Ak Gara posted:

You gotta do the coloring by the book.

It looks like he has a croc on his head.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

TBH gormlessly walleyed is pretty good for the patron saint of England

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

ro5s posted:

TBH gormlessly walleyed is pretty good for the patron saint of England

Done brexited meself, innit.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

drat

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

That was in 2016, and the charges were dropped, and

quote:

Jackson remains married to Lakitta Jackson. He said the incident was an argument and there was nothing physical and he did not pull a gun on his wife. He said there was a lot of “false information’’ in the police report, which was picked up by the media, but he admits he hampered the situation by making a false statement to police.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gschmidl posted:

That was in 2016, and the charges were dropped, and

This is what I get for having hope in the world

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

No dammit you're not supposed to gently caress me over, just everyone else! This wasn't the plan!

It's like the articles I read about Trumpist farmers whining that "I didn't mean get rid of MY illegal labor, I need them for the harvest!"

I need one of those articles so badly

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

MINIDEB doesn't have time for your bullshit.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

A Moose posted:

This one was about a neighbor being deported, not farmhands, but

http://thehill.com/latino/332316-trump-voters-lament-deportation-their-neighbor

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
The bookstore made famous first by Portlandia, then by its kicking Portlandia out in a manner that out-parodied the parody, is closing its doors. Why? I have no loving idea, let them tell it:

https://inotherwords.org/2018/06/04/a-wake-to-rest-an-end-with-new-beginnings/

quote:

Some reasons for the closure are increased expenses and the lack of funds, volunteers, and board members. This is a cycle of In Other Words as an organization, and also the cycle of community spaces in capitalism. IOW periodically discusses closing because of a lack of money and people. This isn’t sustainable, especially emotionally, for the people who come here and work to provide this space as a resource to Portland Feminist communities. Even if funds poured in, and masses of people showed up in response to this announcement, we would not continue our tenure here.

We cannot continue because we know reform does not work. The current volunteers and board members stepped into and took over a space that was founded on white, cis feminism (read: white supremacy). It’s really difficult, actually, impossible, for us to disentangle from that foundational ideology. Volunteers and board members tried to reform and re-envision the organization, and have found it unattainable to do, especially with so little resources. We have experienced this as a very real reminder that reform doesn’t work. Patriarchy, White Supremacy, Capitalism cannot be reformed and ever serve the people. Abolition is the goal.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

TBH this isn't half as bad as the Jesus one.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Bluemillion posted:

TBH this isn't half as bad as the Jesus one.

Yeah, but now he looks like he has Down Syndrome.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

A Moose posted:

Here we go, found one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/us/california-farmers-backed-trump-but-now-fear-losing-field-workers.html

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Yeah, but now he looks like he has Down Syndrome.

who's to say he didn't

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Phanatic posted:

The bookstore made famous first by Portlandia, then by its kicking Portlandia out in a manner that out-parodied the parody, is closing its doors. Why? I have no loving idea, let them tell it:

It sounds like they wanted to fight capitalism but couldn't find a way to make money doing so

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Schubalts posted:

This one was about a neighbor being deported, not farmhands, but

http://thehill.com/latino/332316-trump-voters-lament-deportation-their-neighbor

Don't forget the woman who voted for Trump whose undocumented husband was deported, or the undocumented Trump supporting minister who convinced his daughter, who was a citizen, to vote for Trump, who got deported.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah I occasionally watch Nerdcubed (don't judge me) and while his YouTube LPs are just standard "say wacky things over game" the Twitch stands are like two thirds his wife giving nerds basic life advice.

I'm not actually knocking it, it's strangely sweet, but at the same time there's this whole "donate to us and we'll provide you with the absolute base level of human interaction" which makes me quite sad for everyone involved.

What's to judge? Dan is a good guy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The workers are the ones really getting hosed over more than the farmers

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Phanatic posted:

I had never heard of this place before and not knowing it was called "In Other Words" mad this a REALLY confusing quote to read.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

We're getting our own version of this in the UK just now with Brexit. Before the vote people said it would be a terrible idea but we voted to lrave anyway, on the day of the leave vote the economy didn't collapse leading to a lot of 'see! Everything is fine remoaner!' failing to understand that nothing had changed, we're still in Europe. Now slowly but surely companies are disinvesting, plants moving overseas. The banking industry that thry said was safe because we're an English speaking country in Europe seem to have forgotten Ireland exists.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Aramoro posted:

We're getting our own version of this in the UK just now with Brexit. Before the vote people said it would be a terrible idea but we voted to lrave anyway, on the day of the leave vote the economy didn't collapse leading to a lot of 'see! Everything is fine remoaner!' failing to understand that nothing had changed, we're still in Europe. Now slowly but surely companies are disinvesting, plants moving overseas. The banking industry that thry said was safe because we're an English speaking country in Europe seem to have forgotten Ireland exists.

I will welcome our Irish banking overlords.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Also Putin has his hand up the asses of a lot of limey pig fuckers.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Zil posted:

I will welcome our Irish banking overlords.

This is a terribly racist stereotype of leprechauns.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

GrandpaPants posted:

This is a terribly racist stereotype of leprechauns.

:argh: They will share their lucky charms with the west or we will take them by force!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Zil posted:

:argh: They will share their lucky charms with the west or we will take them by force!

lucky charms are just the tease to keep you away from the real gold. dont be tempted by their bullshit!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Zil posted:

BREAKING: American Gov. Announces Launch of Operation Irish Freedom
Critics slam new millitary strategy as “transparent ploy to exploit another country’s magically delicious resources”

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/gXbSLDv.mp4

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ariong posted:

BREAKING: American Gov. Announces Launch of Operation Irish Freedom Spring
Critics slam new millitary strategy as “transparent ploy to exploit another country’s magically odor-masking resources”

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aramoro posted:

The banking industry that thry said was safe because we're an English speaking country in Europe seem to have forgotten Ireland exists.

:cool:

e: for real though the North got so loving screwed lol

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfQ2AGWhOqY

Skip to about 0:40 for the punchline.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

canyoneer posted:

Skip to about 0:40 for the punchline.

surely those people died :stare:

bro... that descent would be terrifying "i dont wanna die i dont wanna die but we aren't lifting!"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

surely those people died :stare:

bro... that descent would be terrifying "i dont wanna die i dont wanna die but we aren't lifting!"

Amazingly, the sole passenger was completely uninjured.

https://www.livingstondaily.com/story/news/local/2018/06/25/howell-hot-air-balloon-crash-witness-soul-shaking/731027002/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

A Moose posted:

Trump told the mayor of a disappearing island not to worry about sea-level rise -- these photos show how grave the situation has become

Tangiers Island in Chesepeake Bay is literally disappearing under the waves. But Climate Change is a Chinese hoax so we better vote for Trump!