Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Putting up a new seawall in a place like that is kinda like stopping to brush your teeth while you're bleeding out from a stab wound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

purple death ray posted:

Putting up a new seawall in a place like that is kinda like stopping to brush your teeth while you're bleeding out from a stab wound

Or putting on a diaper when you have an explosive diarrhea. It's gonna leak anyways.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

kupachek posted:

They're gonna need a bigger boat. :shrug:

Well done, old chap!
:golfclap:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I think this fits the definition of this thread:

(Germany just choked their way out of the World Cup.)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

purple death ray posted:

You got something against clean minty fresh teeth? :mad:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Couple wrecks trailer after owning it for 20 minutes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

CPColin posted:

I see Mexico lost today as well. Explains why I havent seen an amazing amount of flags on display . Sad!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

“Wait, are you trying to tell me I have to drive differently than usual just because I have a heavy, unbalanced long cart I’m dragging behind my car and I’ve never driven like this before? I ain’t going to let any eggheads like you tell me what to do. Hitch her up and let’s get ‘er done!”

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is that the same couple that sank their boat the day they set sail?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FilthyImp posted:

I see Mexico lost today as well. Explains why I havent seen an amazing amount of flags on display . Sad!

They still advance though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

South korea beating germany means that mexico went through anyway.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Hard to tell from the pictures since this trailer is wrecked, but a Jeep Cherokee can only two 2,000 pounds. I think there's a good chance this trailer weighed more than that. If it was just a single axle then it was very likely loaded too much in the rear of the trailer. Always fun to see someone with probably zero towing experience crash something so fast.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://youtu.be/6mW_gzdh6to

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:yeshaha:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

CPColin posted:

Germany not advancing in Russia: tradition since 1943.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

If only the existing Democratic power structure could have done something. It's like their base wants to burn everything down and destroy the establishment for completely no reason at all...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NorgLyle posted:

If only the existing Democratic power structure could have done something. It's like their base wants to burn everything down and destroy the establishment for completely no reason at all...

I have no idea why my fellow Democrats would be so pissed off at the party leadership...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1012038116830396416

The schadenfreude continues to be on America

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Azhais posted:

The schadenfreude continues to be on America

And especially on Schumer for trying to filibuster Gorsuch, who has been *more liberal than Kennedy* this term, which resulted in the Republican majority changing Senate rules to eliminate the filibuster for SC nominees. Now Trump could nominate an utter paleoconservative and they can't do a thing to stop his confirmation.

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

gschmidl posted:

:boom:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jippa posted:

South korea beating germany means that mexico went through anyway.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gschmidl posted:

:thurman:, but instead of a football it's an entire captured army starving to death in the Russian winter.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Saw this in the GameStop online circular.

I know there was buzz about the mom's butt.
They took it a little far I think.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Holy poo poo

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Hahaha! Holy poo poo. It wasn't even close. She won by 15%.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Hahaha! Holy poo poo. It wasn't even close. She won by 15%.

It's almost like the Democratic establishment is extremely opposed to any moves to the left and will eat its self before it allows that slide to happen no matter how much grassroots support there is for it. They seem to prefer to lose but stay centre-right than win and drift centre-left.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

They seem to prefer to lose but stay centre-right than win and drift centre-left.

Liberal centrists.txt

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gasoline posted:

Liberal centrists.txt

When they go low, we go high!

Well we lost but we have the moral high ground at least. Time to sneer at poor people in red states in between calling the cops on black kids.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Phanatic posted:

And especially on Schumer for trying to filibuster Gorsuch, who has been *more liberal than Kennedy* this term, which resulted in the Republican majority changing Senate rules to eliminate the filibuster for SC nominees. Now Trump could nominate an utter paleoconservative and they can't do a thing to stop his confirmation.

This makes no sense. You are saying Schumer is a moron for using the filibuster and getting it tossed out because he should have saved it for a future time when it could have /really/ worked. The end result would be the same, the filibuster would be done away with; it wasn't going to be effective at all at actually preventing the nomination going through. Gorsuch is also basically a paleoconservative, so why not have tried to use it on him? Oh right because Gorsuch voted once with the liberal bloc this term and Kennedy 0? lmbo

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I thought South korea sucked at soccer ever since Gus Hiddink left. Didn't Germany like stomp Brazil in the last World Cup.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Mu Zeta posted:

I thought South korea sucked at soccer ever since Gus Hiddink left. Didn't Germany like stomp Brazil in the last World Cup.

Germany won the World Cup last year, and yea, they crushed Brazil in the process.

Here's the South Korean consul general to Mexico getting lifted after Korea beat Germany to help Mexico into the knockout rounds.
https://twitter.com/ByJamesWagner/status/1012041283400093710

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yup! Even if they all say "Oh man, climate change is real" what the gently caress is that gonna change for them? They're still gonna need a new sea wall.

gently caress yeah sci-fi redneck seasteads.

quote:

“They say in about 100 years this island’s gonna be disappeared, but I’m not going to college — I’m going to work on the water here,” ...“I’m not going to be living in another 100 years either.”

Ornamental Dingbat has a new favorite as of 21:54 on Jun 27, 2018

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Baronjutter posted:

It's almost like the Democratic establishment is extremely opposed to any moves to the left and will eat its self before it allows that slide to happen no matter how much grassroots support there is for it. They seem to prefer to lose but stay centre-right than win and drift centre-left.

The Labour Party in the Uk was exactly like this in 2015. The following three years have been quite a wild ride, let me tell you! :getin:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
https://i.imgur.com/ndmfZ4p.mp4

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I’m nearly positive the inventor of the deadman switch was the first person to disable one. Also that augers are actually from another plane sent to punish humans for their hubris.

https://youtu.be/M4jxcR3CuME

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://wtvr.com/2018/06/25/troy-skinner-arrest/

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

VanguardFelix posted:

I’m nearly positive the inventor of the deadman switch was the first person to disable one. Also that augers are actually from another plane sent to punish humans for their hubris.

This is probably my favorite disabled deadman switch video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KvxOuC7Bhc

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really do just love the serenity in their approach to a machine gone rogue. That one always gets me to crack up.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Germany loss reactions. It is often harder on the fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SNboKC9IuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxtPR-cnlzk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CPColin posted:

The tears cutting through the german flag makeup really sells this