Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

This world cup is just mad and unpredictable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

with duct tape and a knife. shame he didn't die.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

I was in an English pub when England lost to Germany in the Euros, reaction, not quite crying, they threw beer glasses in anger all over the place (not plastic ones)

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Raldikuk posted:

This makes no sense. You are saying Schumer is a moron for using the filibuster and getting it tossed out because he should have saved it for a future time when it could have /really/ worked. The end result would be the same, the filibuster would be done away with; it wasn't going to be effective at all at actually preventing the nomination going through. Gorsuch is also basically a paleoconservative, so why not have tried to use it on him? Oh right because Gorsuch voted once with the liberal bloc this term and Kennedy 0? lmbo

Gorsuch replaced *Scalia*. Even if every one of Gorsuch's votes on the court is in line with Scalia's (which is doubtful), that changes nothing.

The current situation is (a) much closer to the midterms (b) with a narrower Republican majority and (c) a replacement for Kennedy. Replacing Scalia with another Scalia doesn't change the way the court votes, replacing Kennedy with a Scalia does.

Even if the one arrow they had in their quiver wouldn't work this time, they'd have been better firing it now then wasting it then. At the least the mere existence of that arrow could have dissuaded Trump from nominating someone truly odious, because such a nomination could have led to even a couple of Republicans willing to cross the aisle and allow a filibuster to continue. But now it can't, because they spent it because they were all butthurt about Garland and they had to fire it off counterproductively. Trump could nominate another Bork now and it'd be a fait accompli. That would not be the case were the filibuster still allowed.

(And it's more than once. Read his dissent in Carpenter; it's a dissent that agrees with the majority's conclusion but disagrees with its reasoning and stakes out a position decidedly to the left of Kennedy.)

Phanatic has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Jun 28, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Phanatic posted:

Gorsuch replaced *Scalia*. Even if every one of Gorsuch's votes on the court is in line with Scalia's (which is doubtful), that changes nothing.

The current situation is (a) much closer to the midterms (b) with a narrower Republican majority and (c) a replacement for Kennedy. Replacing Scalia with another Scalia doesn't change the way the court votes, replacing Kennedy with a Scalia does.

Even if the one arrow they had in their quiver wouldn't work this time, they'd have been better firing it now then wasting it then. At the least the mere existence of that arrow could have dissuaded Trump from nominating someone truly odious, because such a nomination could have led to even a couple of Republicans willing to cross the aisle and allow a filibuster to continue. But now it can't, because they spent it because they were all butthurt about Garland and they had to fire it off counterproductively. Trump could nominate another Bork now and it'd be a fait accompli. That would not be the case were the filibuster still allowed.

Trump is too dumb to know what arrows other people even have or could use. That level of strategy doesn't even apply. Even if his aides tried to tell him he'd ignore them.

Trump is someone playing poker who didn't even look at his cards. Facts and rules just don't even enter his brain as things that matter. He thinks everything will go his way and when it doesn't he justifies it as somehow something he couldn't have possibly done anything about and totally not his fault.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
This is funny.
https://streamable.com/8u5m3

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Phanatic posted:

(And it's more than once. Read his dissent in Carpenter; it's a dissent that agrees with the majority's conclusion but disagrees with its reasoning and stakes out a position decidedly to the left of Kennedy.)

You appear to not understand. They nuked the filibuster for scotus appointments to get Gorsuch in. They would do the same for the "paleoconservative" replacing Kennedy as well. The tactic is pointless when there's a Senate majority leader ready to pull the plug. And there was and is.

And lol oh if they just rolled over on the stolen seat then Trump would pick someone less odious! Lmbo. Ya i am sure :decorum: would save the day if the dems just waited till multiple Trump picks go down.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SHnpWohrg0

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEwhZO29ZE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/mrcw877.mp4

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

To be fair he's got some soul on that "oooh" at the beginning. Also nice shift from minor to major key.
The Star-Spangled Banner is kind of a bitch to sing because there's some really high notes in the middle and it totally fucks up any inexperienced singer.

Negostrike has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Jun 28, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was about to say "Wow, that's the first time I've seen someone just drop the pot of flaming liquid instead of trying to throw it everywhere!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Fire has a natural +3 defense to being kicked.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

My dog hosed up a beanbag in the loungeroom of my old house when he was a 4-month-old puppy.

When we moved out of that house 4 years later, we were still finding beans under things.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Memento posted:

My dog hosed up a beanbag in the loungeroom of my old house when he was a 4-month-old puppy.

When we moved out of that house 4 years later, we were still finding beans under things.

thinkin bout thos beans

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

I like how the person just keeps calmly filming instead of putting down the drat phone and helping put out the accidental inferno.
Also is that a hot tub I see in the corner? Dude, stop running all the way inside for more water!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this would be better if it cut after the camera pans back from the wall burning the first time and the kicker is gone

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the tiny pot of water makes it.

LOL at humans being dumb as gently caress about fire.

(also reminds me about some supremely dumbass japanese zippo collector that caused an apartment fire, he also tried a tiny bowl of water)

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

(also reminds me about some supremely dumbass japanese zippo collector that caused an apartment fire, he also tried a tiny bowl of water)

IIRC the fire killed someone too.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Better kick this fireball closer to the lawn, where it can't hurt the concrete flooring

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I have to admit, aside from the shed looking building being on fire I would be laughing my rear end off in that situation.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Applesnots posted:

Fire has a natural +3 defense to being kicked.

Fire Reflects Physical Damage

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I was a dumb teen once. My friend and I had a cardboard box from a box fan laying around so I took it out in the yard and lit the corner of the box on fire. We started throwing it back and forth and called it "dangerous catch". When the box was pretty much fully on fire we dropped it to let it burn out. My friend then yells "gently caress you!" And tried to kick the box at me. The flaming cardboard still retained it's structure well enough to wrap around his shin. He then ran around the yard screaming. He finally managed to get the box off of his leg but ended up with 2nd degree partial thickness burns. About 2 weeks later he was in Brazilian jiu jitsu and someone grabbed his leg and most of the skin just kinda sloughed off down to the ankle. Don't kick burning things.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Untrustable posted:

Don't kick burning things.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

https://twitter.com/CONNORisSWEET/status/1012030794850816000?s=19

Cichlidae
Aug 12, 2005

ME LOVE
MAKE RED LIGHT

Dr. Infant, MD

So who does the number really go to?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Cichlidae posted:

:iiam:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Cichlidae posted:

I didn't feel like calling to find out so I asked WhitePages and Google. WhitePages says it's a non-fixed VOIP number; Google says it belongs to this guy: https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer?lang=en (My guess is, it most likely doesn't.)

But if you wanna call it, knock yourself out.

:shrug:

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 13:10 on Jun 28, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cichlidae posted:

Where do you think that 802-359-PISS might go?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Where do you think that 802-359-PISS might go?

:butt:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I didn't feel like calling to find out so I asked WhitePages and Google. WhitePages says it's a non-fixed VOIP number; Google says it belongs to this guy: https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer?lang=en (My guess is, it most likely doesn't.)

But if you wanna call it, knock yourself out.

:shrug:

jesse farrar is so good

also this is excellent, cant remember if it was posted here or not:

https://twitter.com/YourKickstarter/status/1011837726608551938

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Some great clips in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QvaFrT61bI

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm not good at Twitter, but does this mean the sheriff is also the manager at an Applebees?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1012148765476745217?s=19

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"She wants people to have things! People that aren't just you!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BraveUlysses posted:

jesse farrar is so good

also this is excellent, cant remember if it was posted here or not:

https://twitter.com/YourKickstarter/status/1011837726608551938

Goddamn this is great :rant::rant::rant::phoneline::wooper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

God drat now I'm just upset that she's too young to run for president.