Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

glad she is dead posted:

Lol they're immediately going to start doing what they tried to do to Corbyn to Ocasio.

By this time next week she'll practically be in the SS.

I think you’ll mean she’ll be in the White House, nationalizing every bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

fool_of_sound posted:

Is she related to the incredibly awful conservative activist rabbi also named Greenbaum, or is it just a common name?

It's a pretty common name

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

Is she related to the incredibly awful conservative activist rabbi also named Greenbaum, or is it just a common name?

What the gently caress

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

What the gently caress

I've never known of any other Greenbaums and had no idea :shrug:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

The ACA still exists, we're not in a nuclear war. People predicted bad poo poo towards immigrants, which baby jails certainly qualify for, but people went loving berzerk over that and Trump had to reverse himself, which he never does.

I'm not saying this isn't all bad, and it isn't a big deal and people aren't suffering under Trump, because they are, but mere anarchy isn't loosed on the world. The falcon can still hear the falconer.

Look, the nuclear bomb with respect to SCOTUS right now is RvW, and yeah, it's more in danger than it was yesterday, but only one seated justice (Thomas) has straight up said he'd overturn it. Roberts went left on the ACA and that's a lot less consequential and ingrained in US culture and case law than Roe vs Wade. So I don't think abortion will ultimately become illegal, though it may become restricted and there will be a lovely period between passage of the law and the SCOTUS ruling on it, depending on lower court stays and what not.

This is my hopeful prediction, trying to learn my lesson after my unwarranted month-long depression and despair after the last GE

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1012133088321826816?s=19

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

a staffer at 19?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gradenko_2000 posted:

a staffer at 19?

It's pretty common for wealthy failchildren with political ambitions

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
she was an intern

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
she was a bartender so she’s done actual work more than anyone in DC

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Roth posted:

Still embedded on discord, have a screencap

drat. Now this take was worth the wait.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

this guy got permabanned and i’m glad of it

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

getfiscal is a beautiful shining star you take that back you butt

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hot take spotted

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/wilw/status/1012036129804058625

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wil has me blocked lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL3WbzUAEok

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

did he ever say his thoughts on chris hardwick

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

I never loving get this take

every single bernie supporter I know myself included voted for Hillary in the general

unlike Hillary primary voters in 08, 25% of whom votes mccain

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jose posted:

did he ever say his thoughts on chris hardwick

https://twitter.com/wilw/status/1007717478770753536

nothing since. processing takes a while!!!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bump_fn posted:

every single bernie supporter I know myself included voted for Hillary in the general

yeah but what about the bernie voters who voted for trump that he just made up??? cant explain them

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

drat, 3 million followers? this guy's cool as gently caress

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah but what about the bernie voters who voted for trump that he just made up??? cant explain them

checkmate liberal :smug:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wesley actually less obnoxious than Wil

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

bump_fn posted:

well tbf I didn’t vote Hillary in the general, I voted Gloria la Riva and if I lived in a swing state where it mattered I’d like to think I’d do it again

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Wesley is written as an obnoxious wunderkind (and Rodenberry self-insert) but Wil's incredibly whiny reading of everything just destroys anything remotely redeemable about the character.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

wil has me blocked lol

same. think i told him "shut up weasley" once or some poo poo.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

bump_fn posted:

I think the number I've seen most recently was like 10% for Bernie-Trump, but I don't know how trustworthy that is, it seems like it'd be hard to measure, same as the Hillary-McCain voters. Either way, it was so close that just about anything that had a measurable effect can be said to have won/lost the election, so it's dumb as hell to argue about.

They do exist though, my mom is one, so are a few other ppl in my family. She and others I talked to were basically driven by a deep visceral hatred of Clinton that predates the primary. I don't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to run someone so widely disliked. I guess a lot of Dem primary voters live in bubbles.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think the number I've seen most recently was like 10% for Bernie-Trump, but I don't know how trustworthy that is, it seems like it'd be hard to measure, same as the Hillary-McCain voters. Either way, it was so close that just about anything that had a measurable effect can be said to have won/lost the election, so it's dumb as hell to argue about.

They do exist though, my mom is one, so are a few other ppl in my family. She and others I talked to were basically driven by a deep visceral hatred of Clinton that predates the primary. I don't understand why anyone thought it was a good idea to run someone so widely disliked. I guess a lot of Dem primary voters live in bubbles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQrdKtPJxI0

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The really funny thing is that Hillary hung her entire campaign on people that conservative media had been training for decades to specifically despise her.

Like, the Republicans had been planning for her run and had 16 years minimum to prepare, and it paid off dividends.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Worst take in the thread imo.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

conservatives hate hillary with a berning passion and she ran her campaign on the assumption they'd vote for her lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I remember getting yelled at in D&D when I asked why the dems are running someone who has been at the center of a 30 year blood crusade

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/them/status/1011979025852588032

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Worst take in the thread imo.

Of all the permabanned lf posters, getfiscal has remained a consistently good poster with good politics. Unlike your Red Kens or Jeb Lund.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1012048184682668038

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
https://twitter.com/KristenBlush/status/1011995356702347265

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
THOUSANDS OF
WOMEN ELECTED DUE
TO HILLARY
CLINTON'S
INVENTION,
FEMINISM

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
feminism, but also free markets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
if Hillary did something positive for feminism it was through managing to lose to Trump and allowing this insane, awful accelerationism