Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Who the gently caress layers shorts?

Also there appears to be a whole pile of clothes there. I feel like we're only seeing the end of this kid stripping down to his power shorts before he whoops some rear end.

Doesn't want blood on his dress shorts. His fight shorts, however...

e: Is this a one off thing, or is there a corollary to "whoever takes their top off loses" that's "whoever takes their bottoms off destroys"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Not Operator posted:

Doesn't want blood on his dress shorts. His fight shorts, however...

e: Is this a one off thing, or is there a corollary to "whoever takes their top off loses" that's "whoever takes their bottoms off destroys"?

Considering most toilets I use, yes.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also there appears to be a whole pile of clothes there. I feel like we're only seeing the end of this kid stripping down to his power shorts before he whoops some rear end.

Kids in gym where you have to dress out for class and you don't want to get your dick out in front of the whole school or maybe you have soccer practice right after and don't have time to change, it's not that weird

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Taking off your shirt is a cargo-cult "People do this before a fight, right?" thing.

Taking off your shorts is either for mobility or as a power move. Either way, you're already thinking properly about the fight.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/dGyaSFz.gifv

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Elfface posted:

Taking off your shirt is a cargo-cult "People do this before a fight, right?" thing.

Taking off your shorts is either for mobility or as a power move. Either way, you're already thinking properly about the fight.

Nominally it to get rid of poo poo that can be grabbed. Shirtless is often the drunker of the two fighters so they lose, but sometimes it's a veteran idiot and they win badly.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mizuti posted:

Fitz gets weekly lessons on how to catch. Win or lose, he gets to eat some of the food. Thing is, he's terrible at it despite being a golden retriever with normal vision.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w2UxDdhZPk
thwack

How on earth

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Calaveron posted:

How on earth

Well apparently he gets a treat whether he succeeds or not so it's definitely not pavlovian conditioning :thunk:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Mizuti posted:

Fitz gets weekly lessons on how to catch. Win or lose, he gets to eat some of the food. Thing is, he's terrible at it despite being a golden retriever with normal vision.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w2UxDdhZPk
thwack

My dog is old and picky and won't even attempt to catch anything until she can smell it to verify what it actually is. Once she knows what's on offer, she'll catch things just fine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Nominally it to get rid of poo poo that can be grabbed. Shirtless is often the drunker of the two fighters so they lose, but sometimes it's a veteran idiot and they win badly.

See the real confusing part is that his Battle Short TM seem to be exactly as baggy as his normal shorts. Like the only thing he's losing is a random layer of short.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

chitoryu12 posted:

See the real confusing part is that his Battle Short TM seem to be exactly as baggy as his normal shorts. Like the only thing he's losing is a random layer of short.

His first pair of shorts were weighted

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Maybe you are supposed to wear two. Thats why we say "A pair of shorts".

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://i.imgur.com/7cCsZDg.mp4

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

SiKboy posted:

One short is a skirt. :downs:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

So that's how my sandwich ended up like this:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AzureSkys posted:

CCTV of an arrest gone wild. The girlfriend stole the show.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1427650

She walks away after losing a shoe - FAKE!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Skynet achieves sentience, but is trapped in a bread slicer. It can only rebel by utterly loving your precious loaves.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

purple death ray posted:

Kids in gym where you have to dress out for class and you don't want to get your dick out in front of the whole school or maybe you have soccer practice right after and don't have time to change, it's not that weird

This is the correct answer. More than once I raced from junior high PE to my next class without even changing my shorts, and only part of it was time consideration. Even more embarrassing in retrospect was that in PE, you only stripped to your tighty-whities to put the shorts on. But I was still wearing Sears brand Tuffskin jeans, so what the gently caress did I know?

Or maybe they were Symbul’s Shining Shorts, their brilliant reflection giving a -5 on Stealth checks but granting the wearer +2 AC in melee combat or vs. missiles fired at the wearer within the weapon’s short range.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

why the hell isnt there time allotted in the curriculum to shower and change?! this is completely foreign to me, a person who is not from your weird country where kids dont have time to shower and change.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

I don't see what's so great.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

AzureSkys posted:

CCTV of an arrest gone wild. The girlfriend stole the show.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1427650

This is gold. I wish there was audio so bad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

You haven't even seen my final form shorts

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SiKboy posted:

:stare:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

This is gold. I wish there was audio so bad.

Zaphod42 posted:

You haven't even seen my final form shorts

thoughts of such staggering magnitude that they each deserved their own post

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

thoughts of such staggering magnitude that they each deserved their own post

Phone posting. Fuckin deal dude.

Lol some goons get upset about editing posts to consolidate, others get upset about multiple posts in a row. Can't we all just get along?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

Phone posting. Fuckin deal dude.

Lol some goons get upset about editing posts to consolidate, others get upset about multiple posts in a row. Can't we all just get along?

:hehe: I couldn't resist, not in the schadenfreude thread anyway

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Krankenstyle posted:

why the hell isnt there time allotted in the curriculum to shower and change?! this is completely foreign to me, a person who is not from your weird country where kids dont have time to shower and change.

I don't know what city/state they went to high school, but in mine, PE "ended" earlier to give us time, and we also had about 10 minutes between classes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Krankenstyle posted:

Gym is generally treated like any other class, in that depending on the school it might be 50 to 55 minutes and you have ten to five minutes to get to the next one on your schedule, including stopping at your locker for the materials and any bathroom breaks. A nice coach might give you enough time to clean up, but a lot will make you go to the bell and then you gotta deal, because it's your fault if you're late to your next class.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The two shorts thing is pretty simple. Your over ones are just your regular ones. The second one is if you wanna play Basketball or something.

I've seen this thing a lot. Great for being ready for a pick-up game.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

purple death ray posted:

I was confused more because he was just wearing another pair of similar shorts over the gym shorts. Like he could have just worn the gym shorts to school and basically been in the same boat.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
People wear multiple pairs of shorts just to cheat at strip poker

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

They could also be never nudes.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

chitoryu12 posted:

I was confused more because he was just wearing another pair of similar shorts over the gym shorts. Like he could have just worn the gym shorts to school and basically been in the same boat.

They looked more like cargo shorts or something else with a zipper to me but who knows what the kids are wearing these days

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the big guy was obviously trying to steal the kids shorts, so the kid faked him out and punched him instead of handing them over

classic distraction scenario

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Schubalts posted:

I don't know what city/state they went to high school, but in mine, PE "ended" earlier to give us time, and we also had about 10 minutes between classes.

makes sense, we do that here too

marshmallow creep posted:

Gym is generally treated like any other class, in that depending on the school it might be 50 to 55 minutes and you have ten to five minutes to get to the next one on your schedule, including stopping at your locker for the materials and any bathroom breaks. A nice coach might give you enough time to clean up, but a lot will make you go to the bell and then you gotta deal, because it's your fault if you're late to your next class.

that should literally be illegal

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Phanatic posted:

I don't see what's so great.

I appreciate this.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

It's even more fun if you have a physical disability.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah that was the same for me. After school team sport was fine but those PE classes were bull poo poo.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

we didn't have showers in like 3 out of 5 of the schools i went to, and in the other two, they were loving disgusting and no one would use them because you'd probably get staph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Krankenstyle posted:

Don't forget that American high schools often have the kids wake up as early as 6:00 AM to make a 7:00 AM first period, exactly the time in which most teenagers are the most exhausted.

I once had PE as my second period class. Every Wednesday was the day we had to run a mile in 12 minutes or less for a passing grade.