Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Press the little triangle on the remote that points down.

ha. I can hear the bitch at 10-15, my old dad and uncle crank it to 25+

They (soundbars) *can be loud. Louder than you'd expect from small-ish speakers. And fuller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

owl_pellet posted:

Who the gently caress doesn't claim their PS4

They have so much stuff there it’s unbelievable. Dozens of MacBooks, iPads, cameras, game consoles, clothes you name it. Amazing what people don’t claim.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I sometimes get impulses to buy random stuff and hit eBay. On Friday, I decided I wanted night vision gear and made an offer of $90 on a monocular with a gen 2 tube that was listed for $100 and it was accepted. We're almost into triple digit temperatures on the CT coast and upstate in Hartford it hit 108 today, so I ordered an evaporative cooling vest and headband made by Ergodyne. I'm sure I'll look like a huge dork, but I almost passed out from the heat when mowing the lawn a couple of weeks ago and I'd rather not die.

Spy_Guy posted:

I do have one sitting at my desk, although doing taxes in Sweden is vastly different compared to how it is in the states.
Generally I try to use one whenever I have an excuse. One good example is using the Curta I as a DnD health tracker.

I also have my pick of calculators to use, depending on mood and what I'm doing. :)

DnD health tracker lives in the wooden box under the glass dome

:eng101:
One of the things I love about SA is seeing all the nifty things people collect and being able to talk about them. I don't have any questions since I've seen your other posts, but those are awesome.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Deets on that gen 2 night vision device please.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

GWBBQ posted:

I sometimes get impulses to buy random stuff and hit eBay. On Friday, I decided I wanted night vision gear and made an offer of $90 on a monocular with a gen 2 tube that was listed for $100 and it was accepted. We're almost into triple digit temperatures on the CT coast and upstate in Hartford it hit 108 today, so I ordered an evaporative cooling vest and headband made by Ergodyne. I'm sure I'll look like a huge dork, but I almost passed out from the heat when mowing the lawn a couple of weeks ago and I'd rather not die.

One of the things I love about SA is seeing all the nifty things people collect and being able to talk about them. I don't have any questions since I've seen your other posts, but those are awesome.

Almost hit triple digits lol

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Either the text is upside down or it says SEIBOOB

Rubiks Pubes posted:

There’s a store nearby called Unclaimed Baggage

Is this the place in like Alabama or Georgia or something. My parents stopped there when I was a kid and I was amazed at all the game boys children had lost. Also, I think they had a puppet that was from the movie Labyrinth which I was so confused on how that got lost and ended up in that store. Surly a one of a kind thing like that gets tracked down.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

This may surprise you but depending on your local weather what you consider hot/cold may differ. 90+ in CT? Yep hot. I have spoken and so it shall be! Anyway I bought some RTI Xtreme 4402 Mykos that should be arriving today.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Duck and Cover posted:

This may surprise you but depending on your local weather what you consider hot/cold may differ. 90+ in CT? Yep hot. I have spoken and so it shall be! Anyway I bought some RTI Xtreme 4402 Mykos that should be arriving today.

I googled it and now I'm conflicted about the marketing of XTREME gardening.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

sterster posted:

Either the text is upside down or it says SEIBOOB

Is this the place in like Alabama or Georgia or something. My parents stopped there when I was a kid and I was amazed at all the game boys children had lost. Also, I think they had a puppet that was from the movie Labyrinth which I was so confused on how that got lost and ended up in that store. Surly a one of a kind thing like that gets tracked down.

Yes, it is in Scottsboro, AL

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Jeza posted:

I googled it and now I'm conflicted about the marketing of XTREME gardening.

Well I could have bought some Orca/Great White.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Duck and Cover posted:

Careful, that last one's a fire hazard. Be sure you don't use it in confined spaces.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

1redflag posted:

Careful, that last one's a fire hazard. Be sure you don't use it in confined spaces.

I'm not sure if this is a joke I'm not getting however https://www.plant-success.com/wp-content/uploads/Great-White-1_Granular_USA_EN_sds.pdf it appears to not be a fire hazard. It has a shark on it how can it be a fire hazard? Think man, think!

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not sure if this is a joke I'm not getting however https://www.plant-success.com/wp-content/uploads/Great-White-1_Granular_USA_EN_sds.pdf it appears to not be a fire hazard. It has a shark on it how can it be a fire hazard? Think man, think!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Station_nightclub_fire

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

JEEVES420 posted:

For CT? That's pretty nuts to me.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Duck and Cover posted:

"Myyyyyyy my my, once bitten twi *FWOOSH* *hysterical screaming* :piaa:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Coredump posted:

For CT? That's pretty nuts to me.

Meh, I grew up in RI and remember pretty much every summer there was at least one week in the 90s. The reason I laugh is it will at least get back down in the 80s at night. Here in Texas its "almost triple digits" at 2 am.

As to not be a total derail I got one of these.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bought a few books from Amazon. Two of them arrived but one had the entire front covered ripped off. The box wasn't damaged and the cover wasn't in it. They shipped the book as damaged.

New saddlebags for my Vulcan.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Digital Jedi posted:

Bought a few books from Amazon. Two of them arrived but one had the entire front covered ripped off. The box wasn't damaged and the cover wasn't in it. They shipped the book as damaged.

What actually happened was when merchandisers remove books from a store (because it didn’t sell and they need to make room) they’ll rip off the covers and and send those back, then just trash the book because it’s cheaper. So a lot of the time merchandisers will just take the books and sell them rather than let them go to waste. So technically you bought stolen goods!

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Good book, this. Not one to finish overnight though.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

JEEVES420 posted:

Sextoy? Gun part? Bike part? All of the above?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Horse Clocks posted:

Sextoy? Gun part? Bike part? All of the above?

it's a pimple popper

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Toe jam getter-outter

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Calling lathe tool for fancy cuts

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

JEEVES420 posted:

Good lookin toe knife

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

My veggie cooking skills have gotten fairly repetitive so I decided to try getting up to snuff on scratch Indian cuisine!

Looking forward to the first time I rub my eyes after grinding spices :eyepop:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Relearning how to type is annoying. I might as well switch to dvorak or something else.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Are those Bluetooth? If so, are you going to attach them to your belt like the hacker kid in cowboy bebop?

What kind of keyswitches are on there?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

OSU_Matthew posted:

Calling lathe tool for fancy cuts

Captive ring (lathe) tool for fancy goblets and stuff.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

apatheticman posted:

Relearning how to type is annoying. I might as well switch to dvorak or something else.

It took me about 2-3 weeks to get back up to speed but by the end of the first month I was/am faster on my ergodox(es) than I am on a regular keyboard.

One piece of advice: if you have any plans to make a custom keymap (you can do that on the EZ, right?) go ahead and do it now so you only have to relearn once.

This is what I settled on:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sentient Data posted:

Are those Bluetooth? If so, are you going to attach them to your belt like the hacker kid in cowboy bebop?

What kind of keyswitches are on there?

Nah they use an audio 3.5 mm jack to connect the two sides and mini usb which I haven't seen in ages. Still might integrate them into my belt.

I got cherry mx red silents on them. They got the full range of Cherry and kalihs now.

Lawen posted:

It took me about 2-3 weeks to get back up to speed but by the end of the first month I was/am faster on my ergodox(es) than I am on a regular keyboard.

One piece of advice: if you have any plans to make a custom keymap (you can do that on the EZ, right?) go ahead and do it now so you only have to relearn once.

This is what I settled on:

Doing that now. Hard thing is not knowing what I want yet. Especially since I'm eventually going to make it my work keyboard.

apatheticman has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Jul 5, 2018

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

JEEVES420 posted:

That’s some incredible work

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

apatheticman posted:

Where you get them at?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

A new (to me) light meter so I can shoot Velvia more effectively.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

JEEVES420 posted:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I picked up another Beovision MX7000 for retrogaming, so I now have two.

Edit: And my wife got that brand new spinning wheel for free. I don't know much about spinning wheels, but they are like four figures expensive to buy new.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

Deets on that gen 2 night vision device please.
I'm having trouble finding the manual now, but it's a Bering Optics monocular. I'll see if I can find it once I'm home.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Coredump posted:

Where you get them at?

https://ergodox-ez.com/

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

evobatman posted:

I picked up another Beovision MX7000 for retrogaming, so I now have two.

Edit: And my wife got that brand new spinning wheel for free. I don't know much about spinning wheels, but they are like four figures expensive to buy new.

Is that... A CRT? In TYOOL 2018? :crossarms:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Is that... A CRT? In TYOOL 2018? :crossarms:

A fancy B&O one that weighs like 100lbs at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheres Wallace
May 5, 2009

:) keep on keepin' on :)

Duck and Cover posted:

1redflag posted:

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

"Myyyyyyy my my, once bitten twi *FWOOSH* *hysterical screaming* :piaa:

:supaburn:

Wheres Wallace has a new favorite as of 08:41 on Jul 23, 2018