Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Johnny Truant posted:

Harry Potter fans are worse than R&M fans. No contest.

The triangle-circle-line Harry Potter tattoo is the new dandelion-turning-into-birds tattoo. :barf:

Tattoo-wise, probably. Otherwise, I have heard R&M fans are unbearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Sucky Panther is practically a pop culture icon now

http://staciemayer.com/15-not-so-sucky-panther-tattoos/

2 Standouts:
1) This is a very interesting coverup. It's kind of bold, like a sticker saying "CLEARANCE" slapped onto an item:

2) This may just be my broken brain, but is this Romeo Rose?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

That was my first thought, but they have very strangely shaped thighs if they are facing left.

Reach across your abdomen

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Truant posted:

The triangle-circle-line Harry Potter tattoo is the new dandelion-turning-into-birds tattoo. :barf:

Different kinds of insufferable. Hard to say which is worse, though Harry Potter wins on number hands-down.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Johnny Truant posted:

I have never read a more incorrect post on these forums

Harry Potter fans are at worst just enormous but harmless turbodorks, the worst Rick and Morty fans have raging smugness about their ~smart people show~

like which would you rather be trapped in an elevator with

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I didn’t know what triangle circle line was, I was imaging them in a row like Δ о - so I googled it and yes this is so loving insufferable

Code Jockey posted:

I have never read a more incorrect post on these forums

Harry Potter fans are at worst just enormous but harmless turbodorks, the worst Rick and Morty fans have raging smugness about their ~smart people show~

Whichever one smells the least horrific (or I’d take the stairs ( :smug: response))

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 06:33 on Jul 4, 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I kept confusing it with AA symbols

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Isn't the whole point of the program that you're not supposed to display your participation? Wearing earrings, bracelets and necklaces seems to defeat the purpose somewhat.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Nah the idea is that you do display it, just no one knows or believes what it is and shut up I fell for the trap.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Sure, that makes sense. On the other hand, like all masonic rites, it becomes meaningless as a shibboleth when everyone knows what it is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

SoUncool posted:

When I first looked at this I thought "eh, not too bad." Lots of line work, though I wouldn't have gone with the Mercator projection :smug:

The longer I look, the worse it gets...

I feel like it is to the mercator projection as :pwn: is to :)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

A R&M fan, hands down.

I don't want to debate what loving house I'm in or how Ron and Hermione are a power couple or maybe how JKR is transphobic.

Don't get me wrong, the R&M fans we're talking about, the ones who wrecked McDonald's, who think you've gotta be a genius to "get" the show, are insufferable. But I like R&M, whereas HP has no redeeming qualities. The writing is subpar at its very best, and yet its put on a pedestal. :wtc:

Anyway that's my HP hot-take. I had friends over and they showed me some bad tattoos their relatives had, and phreow. I've also gotta upload one spotted in the wild, I've just been lazy. Looks like a project for July 4th!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

bony tony posted:

Isn't the whole point of the program that you're not supposed to display your participation? Wearing earrings, bracelets and necklaces seems to defeat the purpose somewhat.

I had a counselor who I was ranting to about issues that AA has and then I looked down and saw her AA necklace. When I was leaving she was like, you should find another counselor.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Johnny Truant posted:

Don't get me wrong, the R&M fans we're talking about, the ones who wrecked McDonald's, who think you've gotta be a genius to "get" the show, are insufferable. But I like R&M, whereas HP has no redeeming qualities. The writing is subpar at its very best, and yet its put on a pedestal. :wtc:

Glad we could conclude with evidence that R&M fans are worse.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
R&M riots or whatever was over a pack of SAUCE? SAUCE? Jeeeesus re: elevator comment I’d rather be locked in a jail cell with a HP fan than a RM fan.

McDonalds posted:

"We did not anticipate the overnight crowds, the cross-state travel and the amazing curiosity, passion and energy fans showed. Our super-limited batch, though well-intentioned, clearly wasn't near enough to meet that demand. We disappointed fans and we are sorry."

“Time” posted:

One fan traded his car for a packet of the Szechuan sauce.

http://time.com/4980097/rick-morty-fan-trades-car-sauce/

:psyduck:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 13:43 on Jul 4, 2018

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

The pro move is to find R&M fans dressed as Pickle Rick on Halloween and bombard them with: "OMG i LOOOOOOOVED Veggi-Tales as a kid!!!! :3:" and just keep talking over their protests.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Sorry jt I like you but you're wrong about this one. :v:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
It occurs to me that the worst HP fans are probably really into HPMOR and thus likely the same people who think R&M is too smart for the plebs and McDonald's betrayed them after they drove four hours for expired sauce. This entire debate is moot.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Thin Privilege posted:

I had a counselor who I was ranting to about issues that AA has and then I looked down and saw her AA necklace. When I was leaving she was like, you should find another counselor.

hahaha

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Do you have a source for this? I’m kinda curious to see whether it’s just “tribal” designs plus a beast head or something from The World Ends with You (anime rpg) which would just be a different kind of unfortunate.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don’t think anything announces “I’m a loving insufferable Millennial” better than a Harry Potter tattoo

I have Harry Potter tattoos and I’m anything but an insufferable Millennial. Don’t tar us all with the same brush.

For content:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Why on earth would you say that in these forums?

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

Why on earth would you say that in these forums?

I’ve posted them in the other tattoo thread. I’m not ashamed of being a fan of it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Ratatozsk posted:

Do you have a source for this? I’m kinda curious to see whether it’s just “tribal” designs plus a beast head or something from The World Ends with You (anime rpg) which would just be a different kind of unfortunate.
It's from the portfolio of a local tattoo artist, and the picture's all they had. :shrug:

I figured it was a dragon with "tribal" designs as wings, which would be unfortunate enough on its own.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Haifisch posted:

It's from the portfolio of a local tattoo artist, and the picture's all they had. :shrug:

I figured it was a dragon with "tribal" designs as wings, which would be unfortunate enough on its own.

Hmm, oh well. For any interested, one example from the game. Awesome game, for what it’s worth, anime not withstanding.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

there wolf posted:

It occurs to me that the worst HP fans are probably really into HPMOR and thus likely the same people who think R&M is too smart for the plebs and McDonald's betrayed them after they drove four hours for expired sauce. This entire debate is moot.

That's probably true yeah.

methods of rationality is *bad* bad bad.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don’t think anything announces “I’m a loving insufferable Millennial” better than a Harry Potter tattoo

I don't understand why someone would use millennial as a pejorative on this forum of all places. You know drat will Xers aren't any less garbage so what are you trying to distinguish? Is it just GBSers memeing? Is it millennials who thinks everyone else hates themselves too?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
What would the GenX equivalent of HP even be?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Scratch Monkey posted:

What would the GenX equivalent of HP even be?

Star Wars.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I don't understand why someone would use millennial as a pejorative on this forum of all places. You know drat will Xers aren't any less garbage so what are you trying to distinguish? Is it just GBSers memeing? Is it millennials who thinks everyone else hates themselves too?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Especially when I was asked why would I admit to having Harry Potter tattoos on these forums. I didn’t realise goons were the internet equivalent of a high school football team :crossarms:

Content:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I don't give a poo poo what tattoos you get personally but that seemed like something that would get your balls busted here. To each his/her own.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm not even a tattoo person, and I was still like "goddamn, what a waste of space."

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Antivehicular posted:

I'm not even a tattoo person, and I was still like "goddamn, what a waste of space."

I say that about people tattoos all the time

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ricketyvickyt posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Especially when I was asked why would I admit to having Harry Potter tattoos on these forums. I didn’t realise goons were the internet equivalent of a high school football team :crossarms:

You heard it here folks, goons are jocks now

:eyepop:

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

Xun posted:

You heard it here folks, goons are jocks now

:eyepop:

You do realise I was being sarcastic don’t you...

The 2 things about that tattoo that I find most annoying are the fact the letter are going to probably blur into blobs of black and also that the infinity symbols don’t connect with each other in any kind of way.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I don't know why they're so surprised that someone would who likes that type of tattoo would get a decently designed amalgamation of them all.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
"what do the anchors symbolize?"
"Uhhh I went to the beach once"

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
harry potter and rick and morty tattoo havers are all a bit dorky but at least isn't anywhere near as hideous as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Actual license plate I saw here about two weeks ago: PKL RICK.

Rick and Morty fans are worse on a per-capita basis. It is not close.