Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I think that's a good price for giannis but I sorta want to withhold judgement until I see the rest of the team.

What does a hypothetical good Giannis team need?

A Khris MIddleton 3/d type
A pg who can really shoot, passing and slashing not so important because Giannis makes everyone's slashing/cutting easier
A rim protecting rebounding center who sets good screens and can roll if you really need him to
A small forward with long arms who's happy shooting and getting around hard close outs, playing defense. Don't need a creator really.

In terms of salary corst, spreading of the offense initiation to your nominal 4 is a bit less helpful than it seems, just lets you get a discount pg and a less defensively-rangy center/sf (pick one) I think

I think it can be done cost effectively, but you've got to be craafty

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
@woj Cavs would NOT pass on Lebron if he is there for them

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Harlock posted:

Is he worth six Dirks? Dont think so

Who'd win in a fight, the greek freak or 6 dirks on CYBER DUST

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Paul Zuvella posted:

they all went way later than day 1 though. you have to remember that spending JUMPED out of the gate last year, way more than it did now. People had like no money left by day 12

that wasn't because of big spending at the top it was because of inflated spending on bench guys. there were 7 guys at the top who went for what they were worth (Lebron Kawhi AD KD Jimmy Butt KAT and Jokic) and then all of the rest of the top 20 guys were probably cheaper than they should have been

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

gently caress I was 23 short on Giannis gently caress gently caress

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

A pg who can really shoot, passing and slashing not so important because Giannis makes everyone's slashing/cutting easier
A rim protecting rebounding center who sets good screens and can roll if you really need him to

More in the context of this game. If you can hold off your other starters until late I think you can build a really good team, but giannis at Lebron level of spending has to fit. It's a good thing he came up early.

Embiid has the same concern, and if he goes late it might sink a team.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

A small forward with long arms who's happy shooting and getting around hard close outs, playing defense. Don't need a creator really.

In terms of salary corst, spreading of the offense initiation to your nominal 4 is a bit less helpful than it seems, just lets you get a discount pg and a less defensively-rangy center/sf (pick one) I think

Since we all know the strategy you could easily fill out an elite team with $177 by waiting til the last day

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Doltos posted:

Since we all know the strategy you could easily fill out an elite team with $177 by waiting til the last day

yeah but if we all do that then there's actual competition on those last days and you run the risk of not having enough top guys to go around

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I mean he's no Klay

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
oh hell yes stay home baby

love this game

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

The blind auction messes it up though, because if you miss one of those pieces the team becomes like the real life bucks

Bloach
May 23, 2005

Bloachie Bad Azz
I guess I went over for some, but I rather do that for 2 way all stars than anything else. Looking forward to making the case for my lesser additions.

Bloach
May 23, 2005

Bloachie Bad Azz

Doltos posted:

He's probably the most valuable asset in the NBA at the moment and is completely worth a little over a third of a teams cap space

He definitely isn't the most valuable. I get what you're trying to say tho. You're taking age into account but this one season at play. I do believe he's worth a little over a third of the cap tho since we have a hard cap like the nba. what he has is in this league is almost identical to a max deal percentage.

The deal of day 1 is Lonzo at 20 bucks.

edit: MY BAD on double post.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

leftist heap posted:

All these guys are going for way more than last year.

Giannis and Gobert both went for like 105 last year right? I felt like both were a little under last year but we'll see how it goes.

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's a top 5 players, c'mon

Maybe you guys aren't familiar with Panzeh but let me tell you something important: Giannis can't shoot threes

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bloach posted:

I knew that was a good deal when I made it and I also knew I'd get it. Between him and Whiteside I'm building a SAS villain team that will win 60+ games. Can't wait to add Dwight Howard and bring Carmelo off the bench.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bloach posted:

He definitely isn't the most valuable. I get what you're trying to say tho. You're taking age into account but this one season at play. I do believe he's worth a little over a third of the cap tho since we have a hard cap like the nba. what he has is in this league is almost identical to a max deal percentage.

Well yeah obviously he's not as good as Durant or Lebron right now but he is the NBA's most valuable asset. He's young and superhuman. Every coach wants to coach him. He's on an incredibly friendly contract for the next three years. You gotta consider those points when rating a team at the end of this.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like

Carlosologist posted:

gently caress I was 23 short on Giannis gently caress gently caress

I was loving $3 short :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was $54 short :smith:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
i was $13. woulda had 14' 7" of wingspan between two guys :argh:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

$5?
$10?
$50?

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1015409700710567936?s=19

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

AN ANTHONY MORROW COMP?

HELLO MAX BID

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i mean if Paul Millsap is going for $70 this has to be worth $500

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

i mean if Paul Millsap is going for $70 this has to be worth $500

Ready to draft Kawhi and trade em for Korkmaz, Saric, and Covington.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Drunk Canuck posted:

AN ANTHONY MORROW COMP?

HELLO MAX BID

His team lost the game tonight. Not a winner.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bloach posted:

edit: MY BAD on double post.

It's determined by voting and Lonzo isn't popular here (nor should he be).

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Drunk Canuck posted:

AN ANTHONY MORROW COMP?

HELLO MAX BID

I hope he blows up so my posts about him during his draft look genius-like. He was running circles around european defenders, in a way that i thought may not have been possible against NBA players. He scores from every level and with every coaching clinic dvd technique you vaguely remember. He's a tall sg who uses his length to find good shots everywhere

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Highlighted Players:

code:
Jakob Poltl
Sean Kilpatrick
Darrun Hilliard
Donovan Mitchell
Monte Morris
Ryan Broekhoff 
LaMarcus Aldridge
Jodie Meeks
Wayne Ellington
Alex Abrines
Isaiah Whitehead
Solomon Hill
Kostas Antetokounmpo
Alexis Ajinca
Jerome Robinson
Markiel Brown
Dejounte Murray
Anthony Davis
Issuf Sanon
Tyler Johnson
Pau Gasol
D.J. Augustin
Lucas Nogueira
Reggie Jackson
Paul Zipser
Isaac Bonga
Zach Randolph
Kyrie Irving
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Dennis Schroder
Bids are due by 8:00 PM EST, July 7th (TONIGHT).

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is a real weird day

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Monte Morris is missing from 538's CARMELO table, now I'm screwed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is a pretty good day but I'm not sure if it's gonna be as fun as yest-

Deadbeat Dad posted:

code:
Lucas Nogueira

Well hello there :q:

china klay
Jul 4, 2018
Pretty sure I struck out again today.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not even bothering with today, no chance I get anyone

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Someone bought Bebe for 39 bucks last year and some people acted like it was a good buy

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

$1 bids on all 30 imho

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

oh yea also last night I was bored so I looked up hex color codes for all the NBA teams and applied accordingly

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Paul Zuvella posted:

Someone bought Bebe for 39 bucks last year and some people acted like it was a good buy

We should have a comparison between the previous years bids and this years bids at the end of all this.

AnacondaHL posted:

oh yea also last night I was bored so I looked up hex color codes for all the NBA teams and applied accordingly

I vote only we get to edit our names but I'll allow Dol[an]tos to remain.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
" :thunk: "
-celebrated jazz gm scuz when asked about today's eligible players

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mitchell might get the biggest bid today as a correction from last year

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

I knew that was a good deal when I made it and I also knew I'd get it. Between him and Whiteside I'm building a SAS villain team that will win 60+ games. Can't wait to add Dwight Howard and bring Carmelo off the bench.

Bold to think you can win 60 games without ever scoring 60 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Even in a game purely played in our imaginations Melo refuses to come off the bench.

• Locked thread