Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If I like being able to shoot faces from afar is the Hagsbane shortbow any good at that? I've read that it does decent amounts of poison damage but its description makes it seem like it would be less accurate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

FYI, this is basically unplayable on Xbox right now. Just constant disconnects, etc. Not a super great look on launch day, and they launched on GamePass.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

New page.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If I like being able to shoot faces from afar is the Hagsbane shortbow any good at that? I've read that it does decent amounts of poison damage but its description makes it seem like it would be less accurate?

It's not inaccurate, you can snipe there's just no zoom unless you're Waystalker. You can get headshots and those help with armored stuff. But it's meant to be used as a boss killer and clumped horde eradicator. The poison makes melee sweeping up a total breeze. You have to know when and where to really use it if you're not the Waystalker with ammo regen, too.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Hagbane is good. It's just a WAYSTALKER ONLY weapon because of ammo limitations. Rather, you'll probably feel too limited trying to use it on any other elf. That's the only thing you need to worry about.

Honestly

quote:

They used pre-release development resources to make cosmetics which they sell post-release seperately, in a game that had a distinctly unfinished launch. Let that sink in.
This post makes a lot of sense of how the game has been handled. I wonder how many unique cosmetics they made while in alpha/beta rather than making sure the game does what they think they coded it to do.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Hagbane is good. It's just a WAYSTALKER ONLY weapon because of ammo limitations.

:thunk:

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Going back to this pic

It would lend credence to this as well. And this mod was removed for bricking people's accounts somehow. Maybe it was just a case of missing assets, but maybe it was also because they were DLC items failing to be authenticated. In V1, only Lupo did this, but you could host DLC maps without owning the DLC since all the stuff on steam was just an unlock flipper etcetc.

Maybe they're trying to clamp down on that preemptively.

Which went really well for them when they tried to really clamp down on the mod realm and everyone got backended for a week and some if they tried to craft or do anything.

All that aside here's an unrelated, funny video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RD6x3pm-Bs

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

VanillaGorilla posted:

FYI, this is basically unplayable on Xbox right now. Just constant disconnects, etc. Not a super great look on launch day, and they launched on GamePass.

I opened the stream when it was going on and the game crashed twice during the first ten minutes of watching. Good show, ready for release.

I kinda agree with Fuuka? It's ammo is so limited that you are going to struggle to keep yourself stocked as Shade if you shoot stuff other than specials and on Handmaiden you get to choose between being able to kill few specials and saving all your ammo for boss.
It's strength is being able to delete bosses, which Shade doesn't really need and Handmaiden doesn't really have ammo for, and destroying hordes, which neither class has ammo for.
I guess if you are real pro rear end stabber, it will work on Shade to give her something to do with hordes that doesn't involve trying to stab them with DD but Longbow/Repeater is probably better choice for the two still.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lol

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm probably not going to watch these guys stream, any highlights?

Also, is the Xbone release happening or are they still in beta? Is that today?

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Mendrian posted:

I'm probably not going to watch these guys stream, any highlights?

Also, is the Xbone release happening or are they still in beta? Is that today?

Yes and no. It's "launched", but the client still thinks it's in beta (it has the big "PREORDER NOW" flag still up at the top) and it's just a swamp of disconnects.

So my advice is that if you want to like the game maybe wait a few days.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
Paid cosmetics are coming, and it crashed what like 3 times while they were steaming?

:thumbsup:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

girl this is our discord's thing why u share it w/these outsiders

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

NightshadeGenitals posted:

Paid cosmetics are coming, and it crashed what like 3 times while they were steaming?

Fatshark doesn’t know when it’s time to stop burning goodwill. Adding red skins to rat1 two years after the game came out and they’d done a great job with everything, sure, that’s fair.

They haven’t done a great job with everything this time.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

VanillaGorilla posted:

Yes and no. It's "launched", but the client still thinks it's in beta (it has the big "PREORDER NOW" flag still up at the top) and it's just a swamp of disconnects.

So my advice is that if you want to like the game maybe wait a few days.

Oh I mean, I'm on PC so I don't give a poo poo.

I'm just waiting for them to finish their console shits so they can come back to the PC.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking
Yeah regarding that, apparently a chunk of the studio is on their mandatory summer vacation for the next 4 weeks.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

throw to first drat IT posted:

I kinda agree with Fuuka? It's ammo is so limited that you are going to struggle to keep yourself stocked as Shade if you shoot stuff other than specials and on Handmaiden you get to choose between being able to kill few specials and saving all your ammo for boss.
It's strength is being able to delete bosses, which Shade doesn't really need and Handmaiden doesn't really have ammo for, and destroying hordes, which neither class has ammo for.
I guess if you are real pro rear end stabber, it will work on Shade to give her something to do with hordes that doesn't involve trying to stab them with DD but Longbow/Repeater is probably better choice for the two still.

It's true you have to use it more sparingly but it's nice to have for emergencies.

Boss killing is just one part of the weapon. imo its strongest attribute is being able to kill and stagger multiple elites breathing down your neck while also killing the minor enemies next to them.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah regarding that, apparently a chunk of the studio is on their mandatory summer vacation for the next 4 weeks.

Even when they get off the law-mandated vacations, they still have their Playstation release to do. By the time we potentially see any improvements, all the major holiday releases this year are going to start rolling out. Monster Hunter World, AC:Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Fallout 76, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, even more.

We're witnessing a repeat of history.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Lunethex posted:

Even when they get off the law-mandated vacations, they still have their Playstation release to do. By the time we potentially see any improvements, all the major holiday releases this year are going to start rolling out. Monster Hunter World, AC:Odyssey, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Fallout 76, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, even more.

We're witnessing a repeat of history.

Wondering if it will affect the playerbase too much though, more as it already has dropped. V2 still is unique enough to stand out. I've played a hundred other games since its release, stillnot tired of slaying rats.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I could see map pack DLC going down me gob. Cosmetics? Get out of here.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Phlegmish posted:

:same: that's how I feel, I'll be fine paying for content-DLC but I ain't spending a dime on cosmetics. I never have and never will, especially not to fatshark and doubly so in it's current state

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

I dunno, if they were really good maybe.

I think it's kind of amusing that they're trying to monetize a game that they already had a way to monetize. Like I get that cosmetic packs are probably less work for more margin but they were supposed to release a DLC like a month after the game came out. They absolutely could already be making money if they'd just stayed on schedule lol

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Mendrian posted:

I dunno, if they were really good maybe.

I think it's kind of amusing that they're trying to monetize a game that they already had a way to monetize. Like I get that cosmetic packs are probably less work for more margin but they were supposed to release a DLC like a month after the game came out. They absolutely could already be making money if they'd just stayed on schedule lol

they sold two million copies. They've got money! They're in a position the vast majority of companies spend more time talking about possibly being in one day, hypothetically, in the best case, than actually being in. Game developers who aren't Riot or Valve don't get more flush than Fatshark is as of this sentence!

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
https://i.imgur.com/lY9usrX.mp4

But hey, at least I'll be able to get stabbed by loving nothing in fancy coloured armour soon!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

From Puistokemisti in Discord

https://i.imgur.com/DPRoIbg.mp4

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Vacation well earned.

Seriously though, I'm sure the team of like, 4 people have been working their assess off doing stuff.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
To play Devil's advocate, the teams responsible for creating and monetizing cosmetic DLC are going to be completely separate from the teams responsible for bugfixing, balance, and general game design, most likely with skillsets that don't significantly overlap. Them working on cosmetics or not shouldn't be relevant to the state of the game, and fancy hats for your Warhammer barbies are benign as far as DLC goes.

It's still a real bad look for them to start talking about how they're going to make more money from the game when they should be talking about how they're going to fix the many busted up edge cases, even if they can do both at the same time.

AndyElusive posted:

Vacation well earned.

Real labor laws are a beautiful thing and working people deserve to have time off even if we're unhappy with them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I could see buying cosmetic dlc if it was thorough enough. It’d be cool if you had so many options that you could reasonably have say a Kruber that is distinctly yours. Pants, hats, colours, armours, weapon skins, etc. Warham Barbie is fun.

Just not “3 bucks for this hat”

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

So I did some solo playing so I could spend some time trying to learn dodge distance and a few other things and even with Kerillian wielding two daggers, no dodge I do gets me far enough away from a Chaos Warrior (heavily armored dude) to actually dodge any damage? Whats the point of dodge if the enemy swing hits 100% of the time?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Dodge sideways and/or parry

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah I suck but my experience is chaos warriors and hookrats your only hope is to dodge sideways

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
Hagbane is pretty difficult to use if you're not Waystalker. Not being host and attempting to get backstab-ammo like this is a :fatshark: nightmare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycTTCzL9qjo&t=870s
https://youtu.be/ycTTCzL9qjo?t=14m33s

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Sykic posted:

https://i.imgur.com/lY9usrX.mp4

But hey, at least I'll be able to get stabbed by loving nothing in fancy coloured armour soon!

Lunethex posted:

From Puistokemisti in Discord

https://i.imgur.com/DPRoIbg.mp4

two million copies times an average of $25USD per game considering flash sales and preorders, less Steam's 30% cut, and while Swiss tax varies from canton to canton lets take the high end and say they're paying 22% e; no actually with 8.5% federal tax lets also make their overall tax burden an even 30% on that gross.

That leaves only $25,000,000 in the coffers, certainly not enough to float a team of a dozen to work out the kinks in their product which crashed 3 times during the promotional stream today, and hit PC retail with literal placeholder assets. time to Sell. Some. Recolors!!!

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 11, 2018

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The problem is free cosmetics cannot exist side by side with paid cosmetics. They should all be bundled together in DLC packs. No one's going to buy a hat when they can get some for free and when they gently caress the drop rates to make you buy the hats i'll just take my ball and leave.

This is basically game devs throwing themselves off a cliff.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Real labor laws are a beautiful thing and working people deserve to have time off even if we're unhappy with them.

I know I know. I was mostly just being a dick.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Willie Tomg posted:

two million copies times an average of $25USD per game considering flash sales and preorders, less Steam's 30% cut, and while Swiss tax varies from canton to canton lets take the high end and say they're paying 22% e; no actually with 8.5% federal tax lets also make their overall tax burden an even 30% on that gross.

That leaves only $25,000,000 in the coffers, certainly not enough to float a team of a dozen to work out the kinks in their product which crashed 3 times during the promotional stream today, and hit PC retail with literal placeholder assets. time to Sell. Some. Recolors!!!
I can’t tell if this is a joke or an authentic Sweden=Switzerland incident

E: had about four rounds with the same pub team tonight, including a Saltz who died like three times a map and was clearly having a rough time. And it was great. lovely Saltz was gracious, clearly learning from mistakes, and kept apologizing, and we had fun tense moments diving in trying to save them from wacky rat-based mishaps.

That’s part of why I love this game. MP focused on teamwork and cooperation with other people. Fatshark gonna fatshark but the game at its core is so good and refreshing.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 12, 2018

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Festering Grounds, Champion.

Shade: (Over mic) Kruber, do you want to take the grim? You're tankier...

[Slayer Bardin with under a quarter of life races past me and takes it]

[Team reaches the second tomb. Slayer picks up a healing kit but doesnt use it]

[Dwarf drops the grim to a pink rat horde]

Slayer: I can't heal BTW

Shade: (over the mic) THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU PICK UP THE GRIM, FOR FUUUUCK SAKE?!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I can’t tell if this is a joke or an authentic Sweden=Switzerland incident

I have heard like, three people say Fatshark is Swiss and not Swedish, but nope you're right :bang:

Still, the point stands. They've got capital to reinvest.