Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

It's crazy to me that we live an era where matches for title shots main event shows while the actual WWE Championship gets stuck in the middle of the show.

It's not even for a title shot lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Kairi's screwed on the main roster because of the usual reasons that piss off Vince and Dunn: accent, person of color, no implants, etc.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Unless they stop making her do her elbow drop on the main roster she'll be fine

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

And Bayley is the female John Cena

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
American ketchup is basically sugared tomatoes and kids love sugar. Hershey’s isn’t even chocolate. America is also a marketing scheme without integrity so the oligarchy can make a buck and citizens are sheeeeeeeeeeeeples who slave, legaly and willfully without thought to making it better managed.

I just turned heel and went the crazy whacky foreigner route (even though I am a US Canadian citizen).

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You know, something I've noticed when Asuka gives a slow, halting, but passionate promo in English that the crowd loves the poo poo out of it. She'll just yell "I WANT. THE TITLE. THE EMPRESS. WILL WIN." and everyone is into it, because distilling the words down to the basics makes the emotion shine through. Same goes for Kairi's post-match promo this week.

"I want to win because I'm awesome," with a great delivery, goes miles beyond the "I want to win because tater tots sparklecrotch sufferin succotash" slop the writers put out. Yeah, it's said with a heavy accent. Who cares.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah, it's said with a heavy accent. Who cares.

The egomaniacal corporatist sociopaths in charge of the company

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Asuka had a lot of great backstage promos in NXT. "Who is Ember Moon? Oh....She works here?"

Gotta love her randomly breaking out the Yakuza accent when she's mad/frustrated too.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bubububub. bubba bubub

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I cancelled my network subscription today. Under the "why are you cancelling", I wrote in "I can't take the Roman push anymore."

I wonder if they bother to check those and, if so, how many similar complaints they've gotten.

Not that it would change anything, but still.

(Also, zero point in subscribing since I go to the pub to watch raw, SD and every PPV anyhow...)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

wow you really showed them what-for

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I would've been more vicious in my reasoning, like "Vince McMahon is dogshit"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"I can't take the Roman push anymore" says the person who still watches every show.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

everytime i unsubscribe i always just say "bush did 9/11"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

"I can't take the Roman push anymore" says the person who still watches every show.

It's an excellent excuse to drink and eat waffle fries and tbh that's the priority.

eta: BBQ sauce on waffle fries is the drat truth and anyone who ays otherwise is probably a cop.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 13, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I once wrote "how about a freakin' singles match for once"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Becky Lynch has multiple pairs of steampunk goggles on the eshop and one pair is on sale and the other isn't. Thanks Vince.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gatts posted:

American ketchup is basically sugared tomatoes and kids love sugar. Hershey’s isn’t even chocolate. America is also a marketing scheme without integrity so the oligarchy can make a buck and citizens are sheeeeeeeeeeeeples who slave, legaly and willfully without thought to making it better managed.

I just turned heel and went the crazy whacky foreigner route (even though I am a US Canadian citizen).

You capitalist swines! Look at you slaving away to make money for some other guy's pocket! In Soviet Union we work together to enjoy free healthcare, cheap transport and three-day weekends!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Apparently hits like a truck
https://twitter.com/briantheguppie/status/1016661455893139456

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

the escape goat posted:

It's an excellent excuse to drink and eat waffle fries and tbh that's the priority.

eta: BBQ sauce on waffle fries is the drat truth and anyone who ays otherwise is probably a cop.
BBQ sauce > catsup

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's not at all true. Like at all.

For one break up the stables in general. For another I'm not even saying don't feature Kalisto, Metallik, and/or Dorado, my initial post was flippant, it's just that they've opened literally something like 75% of the shows the last three months.

for the first two months they were exclusively wrestling hideo itami and akira tozawa.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Jerusalem posted:

It's far scarier and more depressing to consider that this is just how WWE operates, and they had no idea this was going to be as dumb as it ended up being. Never put down to malice what you can put down to incompetence, or however the old saying goes.

Remember, Roman's "magic beans" promo came after Vince got so super-excited for Roman as THE GUY he decided to write all his lines for him personally.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." There's a limit where stupidity is no longer sufficient as an explanation.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Unsubscribed reason: Where's Kane

Resubscribed: There's Kane

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Gatts posted:

Thanks, Jinder.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Jinder should have gone Gatts' route in his promos instead of :qq: "you don't like me because I look different" :qq:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

DarkstarIV posted:

Speaking of NXT and stuff:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1017805153049743361 (Io Shirai, Jinny, Nicole Matthews, Kacy Catanzaro)

Tweet was deleted, what did it say?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

D.N. Nation posted:

You know, something I've noticed when Asuka gives a slow, halting, but passionate promo in English that the crowd loves the poo poo out of it. She'll just yell "I WANT. THE TITLE. THE EMPRESS. WILL WIN." and everyone is into it, because distilling the words down to the basics makes the emotion shine through. Same goes for Kairi's post-match promo this week.

"I want to win because I'm awesome," with a great delivery, goes miles beyond the "I want to win because tater tots sparklecrotch sufferin succotash" slop the writers put out. Yeah, it's said with a heavy accent. Who cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GziyXPSw6a4

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintimus Prime posted:

Tweet was deleted, what did it say?

It was this but posted by the main WWE account:
https://twitter.com/MaeYoungClassic/status/1017810761647837186

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

RealFoxy posted:

After Nakamura and Asuka became the first male and female Japanese wrestlers to win the Rumble and then proceeded to lose every match after I can't even pretend to have hope for Kairi.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Actually Yokozuna was the first Japanese wrestler to win the Rumble :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JT Smiley posted:

After Nakamura and Asuka became the first male and female Japanese wrestlers to win the Rumble and then proceeded to lose every match after I can't even pretend to have hope for Kairi.

Goddamn was that a fun last hour of the Rumble GDT though

I don't remember ever seeing that much of us have hope that maybe This Time things will be different

Shame it'll never happen again

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RealFoxy posted:

On the CM Punk episode of Something Else to Wrestle, Prichard was directly called out on the idea if "]b]Vince doesn't get it you get a Roman Reigns or a Rock"[/b] because of all the yes-men in management. Prichard was extremely enthusiastic to say "They're the same! Roman is amazing!" like directly after Prichard said he was the only one to "get" CM Punk with Johnny Ace and Heyman while Vince, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Michael Hayes thought he was the drizzling shits. If you ask Prichard the same question in 6 years when Roman's experiment finally flops for good, Prichard would probably say "I never saw anything in him"

With Rock, we're talking about Rocky Maivia when he debuted, right? Because comparing Roman and Rock doesn't feel right or comparable.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Asuka got hit with the "Creative has nothing for you" when she lost her first big match but Nakamura's gotten a really great character now since losing. All she needs to do is be an Evan Bourne type attraction, do one move really well and smile a bunch. Sure she IS a much better wrestler than that, but if you're going to push a Japanese female wrestler as legit it should probably be Io

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

With Rock, we're talking about Rocky Maivia when he debuted, right? Because comparing Roman and Rock doesn't feel right or comparable.
No, The Rock. I don't remember the exact quote but it was about the philosophy in talent during the Attitude Era versus now, because back then people were allowed to get over on their own and it was okay but now Vince wants who he wants and that's all there is to it. He didn't want a CM Punk for a long time and had a lot of disdain for him before he even started in ECW.

The CM Punk episode was a great insight to how management looks at talent, if you've got any kind of buzz or someone not in Vince's inner circle is pushing hard for you or your name is brought up a lot in creative meetings, Vince will absolutely start to hate that wrestler before he even gets to see or meet them.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 13, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Gumball Gumption posted:

The theory that Vince intentionally ruins the NXT stars doesn't really make sense because Vince intentionally ruins everyone in WWE. If you're over in WWE it is in spite of the booking. The most over dude is Seth and that's almost all on his workrate

Now that you mention it...what is Seth's gimmick?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Arsonist.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I like to think that the day Roman Reigns is finally cheered and accepted as the face of WWE is the day Vince McMahon will finally be at peace and drop dead with a poo poo-eating grin on his face.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

TV Zombie posted:

People like him. The rarest gimmick of all.

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!

TV Zombie posted:

Literal Fiery Babyface

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

bartok posted:

I like to think that the day Roman Reigns is finally cheered and accepted as the face of WWE is the day Vince McMahon will finally be at peace and drop dead with a poo poo-eating grin on his face.
It took Roman Reigns for fans to finally get over John Cena, so I'm guessing we have to wait for Bobby Lashley to get Vince's full attention and pushed to the moon before people just give up on full-hating Roman.

• Locked thread