Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Nah I'm town. Investigate me tonight if there are cop cards.

wtf? why?

you've already said your vanilla town, why would you want town to waste a night investigation to prove you're vanilla town. this is a terrible suggestion.

actually you said you town grandfather which is kinda of funny considering

b-minus1 posted:

i shouldn't even have to mention this, but obviously if you're godfather you would love it if the cop wasted an investigation on you.

not a fan of this tbh. was willing to give you the 'anidav' pass but this request of an investigation.

i'll keep catching up and see how i feel at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi guys. I'll be heading to sleep soon.

If you have any pressing questions about the card mechanics at night that you need to ask me, please do so in the next half hour or so and I'll try to field as much as I can before bed.

Good luck!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok I will be on lunch for deadline in case I gotta move my vote, but I won't be around to try and herd all you cats in the meantime. So I'll just leave this here

Top Scumbo Suspects:

#1 - Yami - even before I made the recent case on him, I was feeling vaguely suspicious. He was posting a whole lot, but didn't seem to be sticking his neck out much, he felt very firmly in safe territory all the time. It didn't seem worth voting him yet, there was nothing overtly scummy, but I definitely wanted to observe him as someone who might be worth catching off-guard later, just when he thought he was getting cozy in the "deep scum" position.

But then Dancer showed up all suspicious of him too, which I found impressive. And the wagons seemed to circle around Dancer real fast. I didn't like it. Since then Yami has also suddenly become defensive. Maybe it's only his RL stresses affecting him too much, but I don't fully buy yet that his shifting explanations actually add up to a genuine townie mindset.

#2 and #3 - AA and Nep-Nep in no particular order. Can't decide which one I actually think is scummier, they're about the same. I can see Nep-Nep's explanation possibly being true, but it might just be a walkback once he saw he overreached. AA's been participating a lot, but it often feels a bit slimy... I know I got to try and compensate though for how I always find him scummy every game.

#4 and #5 Lurker options: Lord of Hats and Asiina. Hats has showed up a little and seems to be putting in just enough effort to try and look like he's showed his face enough to not be considered a total lurker. Asiina hasn't even done that recently. I know she sometimes lurks a lot as town too, maybe she'll turn it around later, but just wanna get this out on the record so y'all can keep an eye on it.

#6 and #7 - people I don't wanna aim for as my main lunch picks today, but I'd be totally on board with voting em - KK and Anidav. Don't wanna go on about them any more so to make it quick, KK explained himself better eventually in a way that I could see being genuine, a sharp contrast to Yami. But maybe he was just pushing Anidav for an easy lunch and just did a better job walking it back. He sure hasn't done much else since then. Anidav is self-explanatory.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I don't see why I'd waste my time doing a tactical walkback when there wasn't any heat on me other than your counter case. I thought about it for a bit more and overall I think AA is a good choice. While I liked his defense against my initial vote reason, that was about all I was satisfied with.

In general I don't really like the push on Anidav partly because both AA and Monathin have highlighted that it is a very rational thing, but if Anidav is really VT and told the truth then we get some setup information that I don't personally think is all that valuable. The other problem I have with the push on Anidav is that since the information isn't valuable, lynching for information is a reasonable choice but then that also opens the door for anyone who voted for Anidav to point to that and I'm already picturing a day 2 full of circular slapfights that go nowhere as a result.

##vote AA

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Then like I said, he undermines himself by relying on his own meta to explain that he lies often to win. I don't like it, don't want to waste an investigation on him he could easily be a scum godfather trying to intentionally get copped.

I'd rather dunk him. If he's vanilla like he says, then he's informed us of a potential imbalanced mechanic and town loses no real utility, also we can evaluate the push, who voted, who didn't vote. Most info IMO.

There's no real use to keeping him around, and he's already offered the most that his character could mechanically.

Agreedo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

The lurker problem is self resolving. I'm all about killing lurkers, but tomorrow the highest posters will get guns to kill them and then we can have a discussion about that/etc.

what? I get a gun? awesome!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nep-Nep posted:

In general I don't really like the push on Anidav partly because both AA and Monathin have highlighted that it is a very rational thing, but if Anidav is really VT and told the truth then we get some setup information that I don't personally think is all that valuable. The other problem I have with the push on Anidav is that since the information isn't valuable, lynching for information is a reasonable choice but then that also opens the door for anyone who voted for Anidav to point to that and I'm already picturing a day 2 full of circular slapfights that go nowhere as a result.

##vote AA

So... wait. You don't like the Anidav vote, despite the fact that it's a reasonable vote, but the information isn't valuable enough despitethe vote? Am I reading you right, Nep?

I mean I think it'd be reasonable to look back on people's posting around Anidav regardless of how he flips. If he's scum, great, we got scum, if he's not scum, we can look at some of the people who have been pushing him more lazily and see where they fall.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nep-Nep posted:

Actually Humalong has the right of it. My case on Bif was manufactured to a degree. I came into the thread, got caught up, saw there was a lot of two-way between Anidav and KK and I wanted to poke Bif to see:

1. How she reacted
2. How others reacted.

Now, I'm not saying I didn't believe in my case. It wasn't a complete fabrication, but I stressed some points a little harder, particularly the part where I voted.

I don't think anybody has strongly agreed or disagreed with my case or her counter case, but I'm bothered by AA's reaction to it. "Having a look at this I like this case, but actually I think they're both town, now how about we vote for someone else?" is a stance I've taken before as town.

I think AA is a good vote today.

##vote AA

uhh okay. i've done this myself in the past, but..... ugh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nep-Nep posted:

Oh my god as scum. I was scum in that game. Jeez what is wrong with me lol.

hahahahahhahahahahahaha

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

Why would you even go back and say this. If someone else brought it up, sure, but why are you going out of your way to declare "hey guys, this is what my meta is".

well my current theory is he's trying to get the auspollers to help build a narrative.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bet lie being one based on half truth and all that

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like gently caress, i went to bed not feeling super suss on anidav and i wake up and he wants town to cop him, the claimed vanilla town, to prove he's town.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Monathin posted:

So... wait. You don't like the Anidav vote, despite the fact that it's a reasonable vote, but the information isn't valuable enough despitethe vote? Am I reading you right, Nep?

I mean I think it'd be reasonable to look back on people's posting around Anidav regardless of how he flips. If he's scum, great, we got scum, if he's not scum, we can look at some of the people who have been pushing him more lazily and see where they fall.

Sorry, I could have but that better. I think it's reasonable looking at it objectively but it is my personal opinion that other players can be flipped for information of equal or greater value, and I'm feeling the AA vote.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

really? I thought he was making a very good showing to make up for his earlier absence.

and he had a point about you.

##vote B-

Bifauxnen posted:

hmm this smells fishy to me. The game started earlier than expected on a weekend, and once someone knows they're gonna die if they don't potst, what do you expect them to do? Go on not posting?

it's not like Dancer just shitposted his way back to safety, he's dropped actual reads.

I was especially impressed that he bothered to call out Yami. I'd actually been eyeing him up very quietly in the background cause I couldn't really find the right words for it, and I definitely didn't want to vote him just yet when he was contributing so well, but I could see his contributions being from a scum who wants to stay active. It's hard to put my finger on. He's posting a lot but everything still feels like it's not making waves.

If Dancer was a scum trying to catch up, I don't think he'd go out on a limb making an all new case like that on such a tricky target.

Starting to feel the AA vote a lot more.

##vote AA

Bifauxnen posted:

lol just read the above. More suss on Yami now, that feels pure defensive.

gently caress bif you're giving me whiplash.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

I am stressing out hardcore IRL because I'm worried about losing my job, and mafia makes my mental state even worse. I just asked for a replacement.

oh poo poo hope all is okay yf

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

IF Anidav is town and not telling a tall tale like they loving implied, then Exodia is a statistically improbable victory, basically a red herring.

yeah look i agree with this, and monathin and get head or get dead both raised the mechanical impossibility of one playing being able to get all five cards (if they're split like flavour suggests)

soo leaning anidav out of aa / anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Just read the thread from the very beginning, and now I am convinced that Anidav is vanilla town. Here are a few early anidav posts that convinced me:

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that there are straight up insta-win cards (or even a set of cards that result in an insta-win), and for the record I have no loving idea what exodia is, but I can get behind the idea that successfully obtaining certain cards can be very beneficial. In fact, this seems like the sort of concept that would be found in a nat20 mafia game. sort of reminds me of birdstrike's role in the last dbz game.

but you're not suss anymore on him, vanilla town, wanting to be copped to prove his innocence?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also, you're wrong about the whole contradiction thing, but I honestly don't blame you on that. I am stressing out hardcore IRL because I'm worried about losing my job, and mafia makes my mental state even worse. I just asked for a replacement.

:(

Stay safe, Mafia ghost.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

It's okay. I suck at Mafia, particularly D1.

christ, stop being so self conscious.

:justpost:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nep-Nep posted:

yeah i'm not feeling nep-nep after this post, sorry bif.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
##unvote

Gonna try and reevaluate

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Anidav posted:

Nah I'm town. Investigate me tonight if there are cop cards.

yeah dude you're a godfather or something. what the gently caress

##vote Anidav

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
I'll be around until deadline.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That's a shame, I like me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Beetphyxious posted:

but you're not suss anymore on him, vanilla town, wanting to be copped to prove his innocence?

Asking to be copped was strange and gave me flashbacks to a game where Flying Leatherman straight up asked to be cop at the start of d2, I was sus but never called him out. Scum won and he flipped godfather lol.

This is a little different. Anidav seemed legitimately annoyed when he made that post. But the way he described his role makes me think he actually is vanilla town.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That said I will admit I glossed over Anidav's "hey cops come prove I'm town" and actually I will put my other reservations aside and vote Anidav for that alone
##vote Anidav

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not liking Anpu

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
How so Jeabus?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay caught up. i also have another game that has a similar deadline which is bad planning on my part.

this has been a full on day 1, we're arguing like it's day 3. so far i'm not certain on anyone being scummy, however i lean some people more over others. and while i started off my catch up super suss on anidav now i'm really not loving sure.

anidav i've still not seen a good explanation as to how people would collect these cards, if they are in five pieces (which i can only assume they are because one insta win card being dolled out is not a great mechanic), so the risk here is we lynch anidav and we lynch the one person who has information about this card and some way of stopping scum from getting exodia. are we cutting off our anidav shaped nose to spite our townie face? however anidav has doubled down on the oddness by requesting an investigation of a vanilla town to prove he is vanilla town. what's the benefit to town in doing that? i can't get over it. there is so much wrong about that suggestion and how it could gently caress town it's not funny.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
still catching up but this "anidav's town but we should kill him anyway to clear things up" push is so loving bad
99% chance the flip would be just "he was town yugi's grandpa" and that's it, and why kill someone who's almost certainly town when we could kill someone who could potentially be scum instead?? jfc

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
One thing I don't like about Nep is the frequency of vote switching, as well as who they are voting for. Would not vote for Nep tonight, but am ok ##vote anidav

I really don't like the inconsistency on the whole Exodia thing. I was clearly making a joke. I literally know only 2 things about Yu-Gi Oh. Blue Eyes White Dragon and Exodia. Of course I'm going to make a joke about it. Anidav's quickness to jump on it makes me think that scum is trying to pick joke phase things and turn them into reasons for a kill.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Zyxyz posted:

still catching up but this "anidav's town but we should kill him anyway to clear things up" push is so loving bad
99% chance the flip would be just "he was town yugi's grandpa" and that's it, and why kill someone who's almost certainly town when we could kill someone who could potentially be scum instead?? jfc

Who would you suggest then? I think Anidav's taking of joke phase and trying to make it the basis for a push is really weird to me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am not a godfather.

I'm just trying to move on from the topic but scum keep Escalating me to 3P and now to godfather. Come on don't fall for such an obvious fuel to the fire. I'm not an idiot. I know how to play godfather, if I get it. I wouldn't be so open about immunities. No godfather would be so brazen.

This fuel to the fire is so shallow. All I want to do is clear myself early because I'm very often used as a scapegoat late game and anyone whose played with me should understand this perspective if they are honest.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Asking to be copped was strange and gave me flashbacks to a game where Flying Leatherman straight up asked to be cop at the start of d2, I was sus but never called him out. Scum won and he flipped godfather lol.

This is a little different. Anidav seemed legitimately annoyed when he made that post. But the way he described his role makes me think he actually is vanilla town.

okay doaky i may buy the frustrated townie, but what of the mechanics of getting multiple exodia cards?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm not liking Anpu

what part? can you elaborate?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

How so Jeabus?

They agreed with my small point (which was in part defensive of Anidav) but then felt fine talking down to Anidav in a manner they were certain he was scum

probably wouldn't vote them today, but it just doesn't sit right

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I dunno about you all but after deadline I'm going to down both the wine in front of me and the wine in front of you

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Also I'm fairly certain scum start with an Exodia piece because the only way I have this extra knowledge is by starting with an Exodia piece and if you send my card to the graveyard scum will probably pick it up.

The extra win condition that anyone can achieve is part of the card's description. I'm being pushed hard right now because scum also have such a description.

Scum probably also have a card that can fetch it from the card graveyard so you know if you want scum to have 2/5 on day 1 go ahead and vote me up. But I can't believe the mob mentality. I'm way more sneaky when I'm evil this is a disgusting and shallow attempt at painting my intentions.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I was trying to quickly cross off the list people who I definitely wouldn't vote for today when that just stuck out to me

still in process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (8): Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Khris Kruel, Anomalous Amalgam, Yami Fenrir, Anomalous Amalgam, Khris Kruel, Yami Fenrir, Anomalous Amalgam, The Lord of Hats, Monathin, Yami Fenrir, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong, Khris Kruel, Iron Chef Ramen, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard
Khris Kruel (4): Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Anomalous Amalgam, Anpu, Asiina, Anomalous Amalgam, give head or get dead, Jeabus Mahogany, Anomalous Amalgam, Jeabus Mahogany
Anomalous Amalgam (3): Yami Fenrir, King Burgundy, Xad, Nep-Nep, Dancer, Yami Fenrir, Nep-Nep, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Yami Fenrir (1): Bifauxnen
Lynch No One! (0): b-minus1, Anpu, Anpu, b-minus1
Bifauxnen (0): Nep-Nep, give head or get dead, Bifauxnen, give head or get dead, Bifauxnen, Nep-Nep, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
b-minus1 (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Dancer (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir
Nep-Nep (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Asiina (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (7): 50 pounds of bread, Anidav, b-minus1, Beetphyxious, IcePhoenix, Jeabus Mahogany, Zyxyz

With 23 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 16th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 30 minutes.

• Locked thread