Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

I'm usually down for whatever, but why not put on the the DCTV thingo? This will be 75% relationship drama, book it.

As someone who watches 0 DC CW shows and unironically loves CW trashy drama I'm down with 75% relationship BS so long as there's a pretty redhead makin' out with other ladies ngl

Bonus points if her crazy twin is going to be in the show, rather than a backstory thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

gently caress nooooooooooo

CW isn't the right place for that show.

Supergirl handled it's lesbian relationship so well they got tons of positive press for it.

Rocksicles posted:

I'm usually down for whatever, but why not put on the the DCTV thingo? This will be 75% relationship drama, book it.

Because CW wants it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Supergirl handled it's lesbian relationship so well they got tons of positive press for it.

Because CW wants it.

By a stroke of luck they managed the only gay relationship well, all the others were a trash fire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

By a stroke of luck they managed the only gay relationship well, all the others were a trash fire.

They've done just fine with Sarah Lance and her bisexual adventures as well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

They've done just fine with Sarah Lance and her bisexual adventures as well.

Fair, but until recently even that was a will they won't they and Time Tinder.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Earth-Whatever Citizen Cold and Ray were pretty good as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Fair, but until recently even that was a will they won't they and Time Tinder.

Until recently? She's been perfectly fine for the entire span of seasons 2 and 3. And even on Arrow her and Nyssa's relationship was done exceptionally well.

Medullah posted:

Another good example.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

Stop finding holes in my argument. I'm not prepared to die on this hill.

I still think Batfam is too good for CW

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean S1 and 2 Sarah seducing the universe was hugely entertaining and they managed to transition from that to an actual relationship pretty well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Stop finding holes in my argument. I'm not prepared to die on this hill.

I still think Batfam is too good for CW

Gotham is fantastic and should be folded into the CWverse.

Fight me.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Gotham is fantastic and should be folded into the CWverse.

Fight me.

Isn't that Fox? Gotham was ok, i got bored.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Isn't that Fox? Gotham was ok, i got bored.

Constantine was Fox, didn't stop them did it?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I don't understand the question.

Constantine isn't Batfam. I'm indifferent to Gotham going anywhere, I don't watch it.

edit: I mean it has to go somewhere if Disney buys fox, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I don't understand the question.

Constantine isn't Batfam. I'm indifferent to Gotham going anywhere, I don't watch it.

edit: I mean it has to go somewhere if Disney buys fox, right?

I'm saying Constantine was a Fox show and they rolled him in. This is Gotham's final season so it'd be easy to include those characters in cameos on Batwoman if they wished to. Or even the actors in nudge nudge wink wink roles that remind you of their previous work, much like Flash and Supergirl have done with great success.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I'm saying Constantine was a Fox show and they rolled him in. This is Gotham's final season so it'd be easy to include those characters in cameos on Batwoman if they wished to. Or even the actors in nudge nudge wink wink roles that remind you of their previous work, much like Flash and Supergirl have done with great success.

Yeah but Fox owns the rights to the Batman poo poo. Apprently Batwoman isn't in that deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah but Fox owns the rights to the Batman poo poo. Apprently Batwoman isn't in that deal.

I'm sure they can find a way to work in cameos. Arrow has outright mentioned Bruce Wayne.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I'm sure they can find a way to work in cameos. Arrow has outright mentioned Bruce Wayne.

I'm more interested in how they will make Vancouver look like Gotham City

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I'm more interested in how they will make Vancouver look like Gotham City

They'll just toss some trash around.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rhyno posted:

Constantine was on NBC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

raditts posted:

Constantine was on NBC.

Eh, same diff. Other network and the star of Constantine is now on LoT full time. Amell and David Mazouz have both been pretty vocal about wanting to crossover somehow. Once Gotham is done I would be shocked if they don't have him pop up eventually.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Constantine is a LoT regular? Man I need to get caught up on that show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He showed up a couple of times this past season and is going to be a regular next season.

Escobarbarian posted:

I swear every time we have this discussion there’s someone who leaps to defend Fuller. I love him but his track record really speaks for itself at this point.

I actually don't have a strong opinion on Fuller as I haven't even watched most of the stuff he's done. I'm just really sick and tired of Timby coming in here every single time he's mention saying the same poo poo and now speculating a loving substance abuse habit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

raditts posted:

Constantine is a LoT regular? Man I need to get caught up on that show.

He was in like 4 episodes this year and has joined full time now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah I mean AIDS as we more or less know it began to spread, best that can be told, in the late-50s/early-60s. Earlier variations of HIV can be traced way back to around the 1920s (though this is contested) and it's believed that it was truly born in around 1900 out of SIV.

The worrying thing is that it's an inevitably that HIV will continue to grow and mutate beyond what it is now.

Gah, I meant SIV, not SIDS. Whoops

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah I mean AIDS as we more or less know it began to spread, best that can be told, in the late-50s/early-60s. Earlier variations of HIV can be traced way back to around the 1920s (though this is contested) and it's believed that it was truly born in around 1900 out of SIV.

Isn't it a popular theory that Johnny Thunders had AIDS? His death is otherwise extremely hard to explain.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

speculating a loving substance abuse habit.

ohhh I managed to miss that completely, yeah that’s silly

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm on episode 3 and Preacher season 3 is great so far. That scene with Pip Torrens at the beginning of episode 2 was godlike.

ninja edit: every scene with Pip Torrens is godlike

and i'm actually enjoying the hillbilly savant and the giant

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

raditts posted:

I've never known anyone who was embarrassed to love DBZ, and honestly I wouldn't want to know anyone who was.

Sure you have, they're the ones that say they don't like DBZ.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I have to ask, how did The Amazing World of Gumball avoid the terrible fanbase?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I have to ask, how did The Amazing World of Gumball avoid the terrible fanbase?

Their designs are really difficult to sexualize.

Though I won't say impossible.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm kind of embarrassed it took me so long to get into Bosch but I'm really liking it 3 episodes in.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Bosch does the detective genre very very well. So many Wire alums.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm kind of embarrassed it took me so long to get into Bosch but I'm really liking it 3 episodes in.

Bosch has a hard time selling itself because it’s very... generic isn’t the right word, but the plot and characters are kind of standard detective show, but it just absolutely perfectly executed everything. That’s not quite apparent right away but it’s fantastic.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah it's like the perfect form of the interchangable network police procedural

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

And it looks amazing in 4k+hdr. They do a good job with it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watched the last two episodes of Ghosted and ok NOW I’m sad it got cancelled

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh poo poo, I didn't know that Michael Pena was gonna be in Narcos

quote:

Narcos: Mexico will explore the origins of the modern drug war by going back to its roots, beginning at a time when the Mexican trafficking world was a loose and disorganized confederation of independent growers and dealers. Witness the rise of the Guadalajara Cartel in the 1980s as Félix Gallardo (Luna) takes the helm, unifying traffickers in order to build an empire. When DEA agent Kiki Camarena (Peña) moves his wife and young son from California to Guadalajara to take on a new post, he quickly learns that his assignment will be more challenging than he ever could have imagined. As Kiki garners intelligence on Félix and becomes more entangled in his mission, a tragic chain of events unfolds, affecting the drug trade and the war against it for years to come.

I guess Pedro is done with the show though.

As crazy as the Medellin Cartel poo poo was, the Mexican cartel poo poo, the wars between the various factions is even crazier and more violent.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

GreenNight posted:

Unrelated to this show: gently caress HDR.

The cart is leading the horse here. There are no HDR monitors on set — the technology hasn’t caught up yet. It’s a complete guessing game and a lot of old tricks don’t quite work anymore (for example, a bare light bulb will make your eyes bleed in HDR untreated; but it’s been en vogue to use practical lamps in camera to key an actor’s face).

If you’re watching something in HDR right now, it’s likely the colorist’s triaged and bandaged version of what the director and cinematographer intended.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

GreenNight posted:

The view from his house is reason enough to watch the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zypher posted:

Unrelated to this show: gently caress HDR.

The cart is leading the horse here. There are no HDR monitors on set — the technology hasn’t caught up yet. It’s a complete guessing game and a lot of old tricks don’t quite work anymore (for example, a bare light bulb will make your eyes bleed in HDR untreated; but it’s been en vogue to use practical lamps in camera to key an actor’s face).

If you’re watching something in HDR right now, it’s likely the colorist’s triaged and bandaged version of what the director and cinematographer intended.

Well I’m still excited to get an HDR TV at the end of the month :) although that is more for videogame stuff than TV or film