Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I played some hard rear end platforming in Hollow Knight for a few hours today and it was the first time the Joy Con have really irritated me.

Basically, where the lock where the strap is is where my pinky naturally rests. So it felt like the lock was digging into my finger the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

thetoughestbean posted:

I'm pretty excited that the new Digimon game is coming to the Switch, given that I pretty much bought a PS4 solely to get Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. The new Digimon games are actually pretty good all in all, nowhere near as much of confusing messes as the PSX Digimon games

I'm glad there's finally good digimon games

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Strawberry Panda posted:

I played some hard rear end platforming in Hollow Knight for a few hours today and it was the first time the Joy Con have really irritated me.

Basically, where the lock where the strap is is where my pinky naturally rests. So it felt like the lock was digging into my finger the whole time.

Don't use the strap then?

I really only use the strap for when you hold the joycon horizontally.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Don't use the strap then?

I really only use the strap for when you hold the joycon horizontally.

I'll try that. I did initially like the strap cause it gave the Joy Con some more width, but may be able to grip them just as well without them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm glad there's finally good digimon games

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is basically Persona Digimon, and it's well worth a play if you have a PS4 or Vita. Digimon Story: Hacker's Memory is pretty decent too, but it's a side-game to Cyber Sleuth that fully assumes you've finished that game first and provides zero context to the events of the main game influencing its own plot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is basically Persona Digimon, and it's well worth a play if you have a PS4 or Vita. Digimon Story: Hacker's Memory is pretty decent too, but it's a side-game to Cyber Sleuth that fully assumes you've finished that game first and provides zero context to the events of the main game influencing its own plot.

It’s also A bit depressing which is weird for a digimon game.

The side story I mean.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

obi_ant posted:

The Pro controller has really spoiled me. I refuse to play any game that requires anything that even resembles accuracy on the Joy Cons. The Joy Cons are terrible (unless it’s in handheld mode) and I’m sure they’re gonna release a “Pro” edition.

Yeah my joycon are all really unreliable from the couch. I feel like inputs get missed if anything gets between the dock and the controller.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh yeah, I have both and they're pretty great.

As a kid I liked the digimon anime more than the pokemon anime, so I'm glad that there's digimon games coming out that aren't complete messes.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I attempted to use the Joycons exactly once, then I put them back in the Switch's box and went to the store to get a Pro Controller.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the joy cons let you game with your hands as far apart as you want and I'm not giving that up no ma'am

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Serenade posted:

Radiant Silvergun

don't talk like this when it ain't true >:[ psyvariar is on the way though!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Over There posted:

What's the next game we are all looking forward to?

The unannounced sequel to Octopath Traveler.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
This morning my cat slept against my leg while I held the left joycon and rubbed his belly at the same time. Split joycons are the superior controller option for cat owners.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

whaley posted:

don't talk like this when it ain't true >:[ psyvariar is on the way though!

Looking forward to it but its not my red and blue and yellow whale.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Wildtortilla posted:

This morning my cat slept against my leg while I held the left joycon and rubbed his belly at the same time. Split joycons are the superior controller option for cat owners.
Much easier for a cat to carry into some small nook, too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Over There posted:

Yakuza kiwami 2 and spaderman

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
spyro

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What screen protector is generally recommended? My Switch is slowly leaving it's dock and I've become a weeny in recent years when it comes to protecting ~MY ELECTRONICS~.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phone posted:

What screen protector is generally recommended? My Switch is slowly leaving it's dock and I've become a weeny in recent years when it comes to protecting ~MY ELECTRONICS~.

Amfilm.

Apply in a bathroom with the hot shower blastin

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

My Nyko glass protector went on like a charm and has been great.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Phone posted:

Wirecutter’s got ya fam.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What's on you guys' eshop wish lists? Mine has:

Neverout - looks like an interesting puzzler, and it's cheap
West of loathing - the thread seems positive towards it
Inside - I liked Limbo
Detention - for the next time I feel like a horror game
Octopath - for the next time I feel like a jrpg

I'm currently working on my wiiu backlog (btw mario world 3d would be loving perfect for switch) so it's nice to have a list of games I want to try when I can get to them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

West of loathing is good

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Inside - I liked Limbo

I'm currently working on my wiiu backlog (btw mario world 3d would be loving perfect for switch) so it's nice to have a list of games I want to try when I can get to them

Just Shapes and Beats
Inside
Limbo
Maybe West of Loathing
Any of the current Megaman/X collections

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Inside - I liked Limbo

west of loathing is really good but its not too chunky, which might matter if you want a long game

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
good god the pixel artwork in slime-san is scaled horribly

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have a sickness and the cure for it is DARK SOULS

(Last colosseum and Grimm left)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dark Souls is still coming out for this, right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

a.lo posted:

Thats the rumor :shrug:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I really love that they stuck with the name Octopath Traveller, it's such a working title that merely serves as an abstract for the main gameplay of the game. I can imagine people asking where in the game is Octopath or Mr. Traveller. And given the names they tend to come up (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, even Romancing Saga) I can't even imagine what this could've been called, but it wouldn't beat Octopath for the perfect non-title title.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Speaking of West of Loathing, Limited Run Games is making a physical copy roundabouts August 3rd. That's kinda soon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

a.lo posted:

If it gets cancelled I'mma cry

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If it gets cancelled I'mma cry

Does the amiibo still come out?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dark Souls cancelled, Solaire will be unlockable in Smash Ultimate with the use of the Amiibo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a.lo posted:

If they announced tomorrow that it's cancelled I wouldn't be surprised. Very sad, but not surprised.

It's never a good sign when an announced game goes without a release date for this long :tinfoil: Then again Monster Hunter World for PC is actually happening so anything goes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It’s not going to get canceled. It’s going to sell like hot cakes and they know it. It’s only been like a month since we last heard anything so calm down, guys.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I can't believe Mr. Souls has decided to cancel his game on the Nintendo Switch so that he can be an Echo Fighter version of Waluigi.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Over There posted:

I'm curious about Little Dragons Cafe, but definitely waiting for reviews and/or impressions. The only game I've got pre-ordered for the Switch right now is Starlink Battle for Atlas and that's also a wait for impressions situation, just pre-ordered it since the availability of the Star Fox edition might be limited.

After seeing the single player content from Mario Tennis, I'm mega hesitant about Smash. I'll probably just Gamefly it.

Glad Octopath is good, Switch might be a ghost town for me until next year. Fortunately there are 3-4 PS4 games I know I'm going to buy that are nicely spaced out.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Honestly Octopath is so loving long I'm glad there's a lull right now, I'm over 40 hours now and maybe halfway done with the game's content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've never bought an Amiibo, but if they don't make a Hollow Knight and Captain Toad one at some point I will be bummed because I want those.

• Locked thread