Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

andrew smash posted:

You can totally overwhelm that advantage with a good enough warleader though. My last couple of runs I’ve won basically every fight once I’ve gotten a heroic combat / renowned leadership character even while outnumbered and those stats are not that hard to achieve once you know how.

Well, heroic combat will do that.

http://www.princeofsartar.com/comic/20-the-goddess-and-the-cook/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

tbf, that particular example is kinda beyond heroic.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Xander77 posted:

Are these supposed to be references to something or another?

Ma-Yood-SuShai is a reference to MĀNA-YOOD-SUSHĀĪ.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Vote closes in half an hour, Fight Alone is leading by one.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Help them

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sudden death it is, next vote wins.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
do it alone

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

We're going alone.

Update may take a bit.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hunt them on your own.
If we insisted, they replied, they would not say no.

Sent 5 and 5 on the theory that our warleader is pretty great and we don't want to LOSE the fight, especially when he's leading it.

I failed to photograph the event text page and didn't realize until it was too late. Synopsis: We failed to find the bandits and the Burnpeaks no longer fear us.

Endarei 13 Late Earth

Before we have a vote, let's flip through the actual tabs.

The Clan tab gives you some basic information about your clan and lets you reorganize your ring and do your annual ventures. If you have lots of people sick or lots of people wounded the UI will let you know in the notifications on the left, but you might still want to glance at the numbers. Also, clan mood.

The Magic tab lets you access your god sacrifices and spirits, and review your Sacred Time allocation (for things like, say, "I last played this game last Tuesday but was planning to launch a Gods War Ritual).

On the Map tab you can view the surprisingly large map (note that you can't explore all the way to the edge on the outset, you have to explore partway there first) and send out the four kinds of expedition. Exploration will be used way, way more, especially in the early game, but none of them are bereft of value. Not even Forage, which can generate a season or even two of food with some luck.

The Relations tab is the other map-related tab, where you can see the other clans whose location you have discovered, and their approximate relations with you. Light purple > dark purple > pinkish > red for feud. This can be further influenced by favors, fear/mock, like/hate, and possibly other minor factors. From here we send out emissaries to request the repayment of favors / give gifts / propose alliances / demand tribute / resolve feuds.

The war tab summarizes the important non-blessing things about our combat readiness. We can fortify our tula settlement and launch either of the non-honor kinds of raid, and recruit more Swords for a cost in goods.

The wealth tab is my favorite. It covers our important counts of resources. A reasonable minimum is 1 herd-unit (the number of cows, ignore the goat number because it is always exactly 2x cows 50% of the number of goats, ignore the cow number because it is always exactly 50% the number of goats) per person and one horse per adult. We can also check on our treasures. From here we send caravans to establish trade routes, make one-off trades, and buy or sell treasures.

The lore tab lists all the myths we know exist, and annotates the ones we know. It also gives us some supplementary information. Not all the myths we know the details of can be used for heroquesting Gods War Rituals. In fact, currently the only ones we can utilize for that are Dostal and the Snow Elk, and Tablets of Hyalor. Maybe in another year or two we'll run one, or discover another we want to run.

--

It is now Late Earth Season of Endarei's thirteenth year of chieftainship, and our second in the valley. Dark Season comes next, so we'll basically be locked in our clan lands for two turns. Sending a long expedition out in Late Earth doesn't seem to cause too much trouble, even though they'd be traveling / returning in Dark.

We have 1 magic in Exploring and 1 in Diplomacy, and a good exploration omen. Some of the below options may lead to minivotes - where to send a long expedition, who to trade with, that sort of thing.

Clan Priority Vote

- Keep exploring the clan lands.
- Send a longer expedition.
- Send a caravan for a one-off trade.
- Send a caravan to establish routes.
- Activate our Spider or Raven spirit.
Spider reduces disorder, Raven improves our raiders' ability to sneak or steals from another clan.
- Sacrifice for mysteries. We're still missing a few food blessings, all our healing blessings, all non-Protection combat blessings, Zarlen's exploration blessings, and various sundries.

I am deliberately leaving a few options off that are good ideas to do during Dark Season. I am putting mysteries / spirits / local exploration up because the first two are somewhat season-agnostic and the third is still easier in Earth than in Dark.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jul 24, 2018

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Longer Expedition! Let's go exploring!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
gently caress yeah exploreing

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Longer expedition sounds good to me.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Establishing a trade route with somebody is always a good idea.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Establish a trade route

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

We definitely should have gone with the Burnpeaks. :mad:

And we definitely should establish a trade route before Dark Season sets in.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Establish a trade route so our goats can get exotic foods to eat

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
We should raid the Burnpeaks next chance we get, and kill as many as possible, cattle be damned. They should know they don't deserve existence, what with not being one of Us (besides, their cattle will be easy to take when every last one of them are dead).

We should also explore, find more sniveling animals that think themselves people (and stranger things) to kill.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Our goats demand food from far-off places! Longer expedition!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

As auspicious as our explorations can be, we need more Swords! That fiasco with the bandits showed us our faults.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
more trade routes are required.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
keep mashing trade routes until our Ekarnite tells us we have enough

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

As auspicious as our explorations can be, we need more Swords! That fiasco with the bandits showed us our faults.

Normally I'd say wait until dark season but seeing as we have only 8 swords we're going to need to recruit as many as we can at once several times so more swords.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
trade routes because I want to import the finer things in life

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

While I'm definitely not saying the write-in is wrong, we could only send 5 swords max - we had 3 who didn't attend.

(if I could have sent 8 swords and 2 bows that would have been the choice)

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Longer expedition, let's see what kind of treasures our new home yields.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Blowing off Omens is dumb and bad. EXPLORE.

(I am agnostic as to near or far. Count this vote towards whichever of the two is ahead.)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Do what the omens told us to do and explore far away! Are you looking for suggestions on directions to explore or will you just go wherever?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
longer expedition! I recommend sending very old people out for a chance to get a younger representative. It’s dangerous out there, so we may as well risk with the disposable.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

GreyjoyBastard posted:

While I'm definitely not saying the write-in is wrong, we could only send 5 swords max - we had 3 who didn't attend.

(if I could have sent 8 swords and 2 bows that would have been the choice)

I'm sure you're aware of this but on those choices that involve hunting something down sending less can actually be better anyway, on the logic they'll make less noise I guess, as can sending a war leader who worships the hunting god. Not sure if it would've mattered there though.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Trade Routes are free cows (that don't moo).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Do what the omens told us to do and explore far away! Are you looking for suggestions on directions to explore or will you just go wherever?

We'll have a minivote on sensible directions ie directions that don't involve crossing a major river if exploring wins, but there's conveniently a map in the update so you can vote for it preemptively if you want.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Always Activate Raven

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I just want to state for the record that I blame the people who voted for fighting alone entirely for our defeat at the hands of the bandits and consequent loss of prestige. :colbert:

Let's hope we'll have better luck in a long expedition.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Explore close to home. We need to find interesting stuff to trade to morons for their cows and goats.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

paradoxGentleman posted:

I just want to state for the record that I blame the people who voted for fighting alone entirely for our defeat at the hands of the bandits and consequent loss of prestige. :colbert:

Let's hope we'll have better luck in a long expedition.

I mean, the problem was that we couldn't even find the bandits. With more people helping we would have made even more noise and the bandits would have hidden themselves even earlier into the hunt

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We could had help them and send 2 men.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Current vote:

Long expedition 10
Establish trade routes 7
Recruit Swords 2
Activate Raven 1
Explore the clan lands 1

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

By this point in a KoDP thread we'd have like 20 pages of loreposts.

Hey Glorianna experts, are there any stories worth telling about Horse-Spawn ancestors and their gods?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Xander77 posted:

By this point in a KoDP thread we'd have like 20 pages of loreposts.

Hey Glorianna experts, are there any stories worth telling about Horse-Spawn ancestors and their gods?

There's some stuff I could say but which will come up over the course of the LP so they'd be kinda spoilers now. Even a player familiar with Gloranthan lore is not supposed to know exactly where the Blazing Goats fit into history just yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

There's some stuff I could say but which will come up over the course of the LP so they'd be kinda spoilers now. Even a player familiar with Gloranthan lore is not supposed to know exactly where the Blazing Goats fit into history just yet

Yeah, that's a downside of doing stuff during the Storm Age. :v: