Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I Am Goon has plenty of space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I just returned to the game yesterday and I’m gonna make sure Hebrons is revived.

So, anybody can join Marble Hebrons too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah GLGS is down to like 17? people I think and can take a bunch of new blood if anyone is looking for a home. Lemme know in Discord and I can get you on

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

explosivo posted:

Yeah GLGS is down to like 17? people I think and can take a bunch of new blood if anyone is looking for a home. Lemme know in Discord and I can get you on

I posted in the discord about it just now.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
gently caress ultimus raid 6 jesus christ

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

thuly posted:

gently caress ultimus raid 6 jesus christ

Oh I'm sorry. Did you think that you could get the new ability mats from this new raid? More fool you.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Man, I really dislike the new blitz. I went from always beeing in the top 10 % to always getting the lower stuff, no matter how much poo poo I spend in Blitz. ><

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess we got our act topgether and completed 90% of the last 2 raids, so I'll stick around.

But holy poo poo I hate how literally my entire primary roster needs Advanced MRIs to gear up, but I cannot complete the missions that give this out because I'd need to improve my characters that need it to the next gear level. Thing is, its not even something i can by with power cores, its just non existant. They're supposed to be in raid gear orbs, but lol Its been nearly 2 months and I've gotten one from then in that time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I've found Advanced MRI's to be available for sale pretty regularly in the raid store.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

I've found Advanced MRI's to be available for sale pretty regularly in the raid store.

I have not seen them in there at all. It's always the runes, powder, syringes and polymers for me.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Just started up. Once I unlock guilds I'll hit up a goon one.

The "New Player Offer" is now a 3* Deadpool + 375 Power Cores for $5. Is this a decent deal, or no? Seems like maybe it is based on the thread stuff, but not real sure so might as well check in before dropping the cash on it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yes that’s good for a starter. Deadpool is a powerhouse. Too bad you can’t farm him unless fox news gets their heads out of their rear end.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
It's not bad. Deadpool's a solid B+ character that'd be hard to get otherwise and it's unlikely that you'll be offered any other characters at this price range.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah you buy that ASAP.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
see wtf, i guarantee anyone with a wallet would buy that $5 deal. but NOPE ONLY [some] new players.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I wonder if the deal they offer is based off some dumb age-based BIGDATA analysis since they ask the age when you start up the game.

Thanks for the quick response - got it in before the maintenance tomorrow in case it dispersal.

Edit: My latest offer is 4x the price (lol) - $20

45 kingpin shards
15 merc sniper shards
45k gold
4k basic orb fragments
20 L1, 10 L2 training modules

No surprise it went downhill so fast based on reading the thread.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 1, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Marble Hebrons is going to absorb as many GLGS goons as possible. I can take at least 7 just FYI. Explosivo you are super cool.

Apply and I’ll accept immediately. We are in between opening our next raid as we speak!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Wait, GLGS imploded? I thought they were doing alright. drat. Stop following the discord and this poo poo happens. I believe Catman's Shameful Secret has spots.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeh sorry to all the GLGS 'fugees but I about hit my limit with this. I'm not necessarily in the "gently caress this stupid game" camp because I managed to get pretty far and stay competitive (fighting for top 20 in arena) without spending more than $10, but they have been making some baffling decisions lately and I just don't have it in me to keep logging in anymore.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I hit level 20 and just sent an invite request to Marble Hebrons, should show as Aredna - PID 15340256

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Aredna posted:

I hit level 20 and just sent an invite request to Marble Hebrons, should show as Aredna - PID 15340256

Head over to Catmans friend. I filled up the spots. I’m sorry. :(

The other two remaining groups are awesome and active.

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Head over to Catmans friend. I filled up the spots. I’m sorry. :(

The other two remaining groups are awesome and active.

No problem! Request now in to Catman's!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Patch notes:

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
I like what they did with the SHIELD minions. Especially Trooper, dude is super interesting now.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Belgian Waffle posted:

I like what they did with the SHIELD minions. Especially Trooper, dude is super interesting now.

What did they change? I don't remember his kit before other than people saying he was bad

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Wait is that good Ms Marvel or the one that's getting a movie

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

What did they change? I don't remember his kit before other than people saying he was bad

His basic attack is more or less the same but boosts his turn meter when he crits.
His special now does some piercing damage instead of giving him counter.
His passive has him counter attack an enemy if they hit characters that are adjacent to him. There's no limit so you put him next to a tank and he's shooting everyone for a round or two. It feels nuts.

The biggest question is how he'll scale into the end game. I kinda doubt anyone's put serious resources into finding out.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

At current ability maxes, here's all the S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION changes.

quote:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Assault
Concussion Grenade
Attack primary target for 160% damage + 15% Piercing. Attack adjacent enemies for 120% damage + 15% Piercing.
Attack primary target for 110% damage + 35% Piercing. Attack adjacent enemies for 100% damage + 35% Piercing.

Barrage
(4 energy, starts at max)
Attack all enemies for 200% damage. Slowed or Stunned enemies take 240% damage instead.
Attack all enemies for 200% damage + 50% chance to remove 1 positive effect from all targets.

Airborne
Gain +15% Max Health. Gain +10% Dodge chance.
Gain +50% Extra Crit chance. Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION allies gain +50% Crit chance.

quote:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Medic
I.C.E.R. Pistol
Attack primary target for 240% damage + 50% chance to apply Offense Down for 2 turns. On crit, apply Slow for 2 turns.
Attack primary target for 240% damage + apply Offense Down for 1-2 turns. On crit, change Speed Bar by -25%.

Emergency Treatment
(5 energy, starts at max)
Heal all allies for 1100 Health + 15% of this character's Max Health. 20% chance to Revive 1 defeated ally at 10% Health.
Heal all allies for 1100 Health + 15% of this character's Max Health, 25% if ally is Nick Fury or S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION. 20% chance to Revive 1 defeated ally at 10% Health.

Fighting Fit
30% chance to apply 2 turns of Regeneration to the ally with the lowest Health + Heal them for 15% of this character's Max Health at the start of your turn.
50% chance to apply 2 turns of Regeneration to the ally with the lowest Health + Heal them for 20% of this character's Max Health at the start of your turn. If ally is Nick Fury or S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION, apply an additional Regeneration.

quote:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Operative
Snap Shot
Attack primary target for 250% damage. Apply Slow for 1 turn on Crit. Clear 1 positive effect from target.
Attack primary target for 250% damage. On Crit, change Speed Bar by -25%. Clear 1 positive effect from target + apply it to Nick Fury if ally.

Extraction
(2 energy, starts at max)
Apply Stealth to lowest Health ally for 2 turns. Heal them for 900 Health + 5% of this character's Max Health + apply Regeneration 3 times for 1 turn.
Apply Stealth to lowest Health ally for 2 turns. Heal them for 900 Health + 10% of this character's Max Health + apply Regeneration 3 times for 1 turn. If ally is Nick Fury or S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION, apply an additional Regeneration.

Special Agent
Gain +25% Focus.
Gain +20% Focus. Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION allies gain +20% Extra Focus. On Spawn, apply 2 Counter to Nick Fury if ally. On Turn, apply Counter to 2 allies (must be Nick Fury or S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION).

quote:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Security
Stun Baton
Attack primary target for 220% damage. 30% chance to apply Stun for 1 turn. Apply Slow for 1 turn if Stun is not applied to target.
Attack primary target for 270% damage + apply Slow.

Crowd Control
(4 energy, starts at max)
Attack primary target and adjacent enemies for 160% damage. 40% chance to Stun a target for 1 turn.
Attack primary target for 320% damage + Bonus attack for 300% damage. If target has Slow, apply Stun.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
When an ally drops below 50% Health, Taunt for 1 turn. Gain +15% Block chance. Gain +5% Block Amount.
When an ally drops below 50% Health, Taunt for 1 turn. If that ally is Nick Fury or a S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION, also gain Defense Up for 1 turn. Gain +20% Block chance. For each ally that is Nick Fury or S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION gain +10% Block chance. Gain +10% Block Amount.

quote:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Trooper
I.C.E.R. Rifle
Attack primary target for 250% damage. Gain +20% Crit chance on this attack. Apply Slow for 1 turn on Crit.
Attack primary target for 330% damage. On Crit, change Speed Bar by -25%

Defensive Posture
Overwatch
(3 energy, start with max)
Attack primary target for 120% damage + gain 3 Counter.
Attack primary target for 310% damage + 80% Piercing.

Fire Support
Gain +25% Crit chance.
When an enemy attacks an adjacent ally, attack that enemy for 250% damage + on Crit, change Speed Bar by -25%.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 2, 2018

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
It would have been nice to get a heads up that we needed Mystic heroes for a character we didn't even know was coming. I have a kind of OK team but drat their communication is terrible. Some of these changes are nice, like the UI theme and more information on the screen, hell maybe even some of the character changes are good. I just wish we had some heads up when new characters are coming out so I can have a chance to unlock them. Especially if they are going to do this bullshit 14 days event and only make certain characters available. It's like 1 step forward 3 steps back with FoxNet for me.

Edit:. Did that huge long event campaign post say anything about what Trait Ms. Marvel event will use?

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 2, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Ms Marvel is city, and they kind of did tell you to level up a Mystic team by rolling out the Mystic campaign not that long ago.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Accepted a bunch into IAG, still have space if anyone wants in.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure I've spent more time downloading this mystic event than actually playing it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

comatose posted:

Pretty sure I've spent more time downloading this mystic event than actually playing it.

Yeah I'm coming down on the actual worst part of this game, even worse than the abysmally ignorable attempts to monetize, is the loading after a patch. My favorite is watching a loading bar for a match stop at 99% and then a SECOND bar appears underneath loading other poo poo, as if the first bar was cosmetic.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

And what the hell are these grey and white dots under the text box on some screens? God forbid, is that a THIRD loading bar?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat the game my force me to shell out real money to get Scarlet Witch or Ms Marvel.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

twistedmentat posted:

God drat the game my force me to shell out real money to get Scarlet Witch or Ms Marvel.

That'll be 80AUD for 45 shards and 2000 gold, thanks!

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

HebrewMagic posted:

Wait is that good Ms Marvel or the one that's getting a movie

The picture they had was Kamala Khan, the current Ms Marvel (not Carol Danvers, aka Capt. Marvel) so it's the NHuman, not the one getting a movie.

Opentarget
Mar 17, 2009

NmareBfly posted:

Accepted a bunch into IAG, still have space if anyone wants in.

Just applied under "Paul Blart"

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Hogama posted:

At current ability maxes, here's all the S.H.I.E.L.D. MINION changes.

So what you're saying is, stay the gently caress away from Nick Fury nodes from now on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eddain posted:

So what you're saying is, stay the gently caress away from Nick Fury nodes from now on?

Pretty much, the right side of the Ultimus 50 raid is noticeably tougher. They're pretty much constantly buffing and healing each other.