Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SeanBeansShako posted:

I want broken champagne bottle for a melee weapon but I will never unlock it because champagne bottles spawn in the worst places and trying to seek out and kill a dude on purpose in melee is much harder now.

I didn't even realise that was a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The trick to “X kills in a round” challenges is to play a full operations game, since it considers multiple waves of attackers to be part of the same round as long as the map doesn’t change

They’re better now but back when In the Name of the Tsar dropped you needed 15 HE tripwire kills and the max damage they did at the time was like 70. That poo poo was dumb

Yes but that was patched fairly quickly so that the he mines would at least give you an assist counts as kill. They forgot that one of the default perks was flak jacket, which prevented he mines from doing enough damage for an assist counts as kill

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Let’s do a BF4 night too then. I think me and eonwe were thinking of doing some rotating of the games anyway.

Book it man, we will make it happen.

I'm also down for a BF4 night

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'll reinstall. Shouldn't take me two weeks like it did last time now I have a 40mbps connection

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Hexenritter posted:

It is and it has a Origin cheev AND a codex entry as a double gently caress you to me.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SeanBeansShako posted:

It is and it has a Origin cheev AND a codex entry as a double gently caress you to me.

drat it now I'm going to be trying for it too :argh:

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I want broken champagne bottle for a melee weapon but I will never unlock it because champagne bottles spawn in the worst places and trying to seek out and kill a dude on purpose in melee is much harder now.

I got mine at the B point in Passchendaele. There’s a bottle that spawns by the bunker and I just hid in there until someone came in.

I’m also down to get in on this Friday game. It’s been too long since I’ve played with goons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

moosecow333 posted:

I got mine at the B point in Passchendaele. There’s a bottle that spawns by the bunker and I just hid in there until someone came in.

I try for that one but that house gets pretty much bombarded/over run.

Why is that loving house there anyway?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Jimbot posted:

Wow, the quality of players in Operations is utter trash. Why yes, please, immediately go back to respawn after getting killed when there's a medic immediately to your right trying to revive you. Going back to the respawn screen doesn't make you get back into the fight quicker, morons.

It does, however, make you (usually) spawn in a safer place, rather than right into a burst of MG fire that results in the death of both you and a teammate. Blame this one on bad game design. Squad spawn mechanics are literally too good in this game. Players use them and they're right to do so.

Suppression should suppress the ability for a player to be revived/to revive as well.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 1, 2018

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Julius CSAR posted:

I wish they would remove K/D entirely from the series. Like actually having ZERO stat tracking for kills and deaths would improve things a bunch.

I would love to see them implement this, if only to see how lvlcap screams about the death of the franchise.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A score system that reflects your rear end kicking nature and team work would be so much better than the loving K/D ratio. This game is so chaotic death is more or less around the corner every second!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Hey there’s an air assault server up right now, full games with 40 people. It’s in Germany but good latency no lag. Got the medal and the stupid ribbons and the codex entries.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Maybe take a break from EA produced games for a bit if this is how yr looking at it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

I would love to see them implement this, if only to see how lvlcap screams about the death of the franchise.

Didn’t battlefront 2 remove persistent K/D tracking?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
More stats, more better

Being able to look at granular info about your performance on sites like battlefieldtracker owns

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Yo what's the alt fire for the 1903 Experimental does it turn it into an Infantry 1903 or something?

E: it is, finally, that owns lol

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 1, 2018

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Maybe take a break from EA produced games for a bit if this is how yr looking at it.

Maybe take a break from poo poo posting.

afkmacro fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 1, 2018

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Hexenritter posted:

I guess you have to get two kills with it I think? One where the bottle breaks and then you have a broken bottle then you have to get ANOTHER kill with it while it’s broken for it to unlock and be a permanent part of your kit

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
One kill with the bottle is enough for the codex, which is a long, interesting description of alcohol usages in the trenches.

Honestly, the codex entries are good and I hope I get the same sort of carrot in V.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Julius CSAR posted:

I guess you have to get two kills with it I think? One where the bottle breaks and then you have a broken bottle then you have to get ANOTHER kill with it while it’s broken for it to unlock and be a permanent part of your kit

i think to get it permanently is ten kills

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Scout flares now make the same crackle as infil signal flares. It's not in the slightest bit nerve wracking on non-TT maps where cheaters would shoot out infil flares like a machine gun.

Julius CSAR posted:

The wine bottle as a pickup weapon is a one shot kill but you can't switch weapons. It's one kill for the codex entry and five kills (total, not per life) to unlock the wine bottle as a knife.

It's really easy to do on Passchendaele where there's several wine bottles to choose from and a lot of visual clutter to hide around. I got three bottle kills in one round as support throwing around ammo until people walked into me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was playing with some guys earlier tonight and it kept splitting us up in games. I'd to to the brits and the other guys would go to the Germans, and other weirdness.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I just started playing BF4 for the first time after messing around in BF1 for the last couple months, but half the time i join a server that says it's nearly full, there's like 7 people in there. What gives? is it servers manipulating numbers or some dumb EA/dice shenanigans

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Is anyone on xbox getting weird stutters and framedrops after the latest patch?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Is anyone on xbox getting weird stutters and framedrops after the latest patch?

apparently xbox got hit real hard by some new introduced bug, but performance seems borked across the board

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Delacroix posted:

The wine bottle as a pickup weapon is a one shot kill but you can't switch weapons. It's one kill for the codex entry and five kills (total, not per life) to unlock the wine bottle as a knife.

It's really easy to do on Passchendaele where there's several wine bottles to choose from and a lot of visual clutter to hide around. I got three bottle kills in one round as support throwing around ammo until people walked into me.

Yikes lol

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

VietCampo posted:

I just started playing BF4 for the first time after messing around in BF1 for the last couple months, but half the time i join a server that says it's nearly full, there's like 7 people in there. What gives? is it servers manipulating numbers or some dumb EA/dice shenanigans

Yeah from I understand player count spoofing is a big problem on PC. I've never experienced it myself so I haven't had to deal with it, but from what I'm told if you browse servers on Battlelog instead of the in-game server browser then you will get accurate player counts.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Reminder: we are playing battlefield 1 at 9pm ct tonight (Friday).

Next week sometime, I’m down to bf4. We can trade off or whatever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll see if I can join, I'm on God's own time zone so that's like 11 for me. I'll check the discord when I'm off work.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
The stuttering on xbox apparently is not just me and :dice: has identified the culprit: PARTY CHAT.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/150026/bf1-summer-update-xbox-party-chat-issue-workaround

It astounds me how many new and interesting ways :dice: can find to break their own games, even a year and a half after release.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It astounds me how many new and interesting ways :dice: can find to break their own games, even a year and a half after release.

This is nothing compared to Battlefront 2

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

The stuttering on xbox apparently is not just me and :dice: has identified the culprit: PARTY CHAT.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/150026/bf1-summer-update-xbox-party-chat-issue-workaround

I was wondering why I didnt experience any problems when I tried the xbox one x enhancement patch, for once being a loner works in my favor

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Are we doing battlefield on Mumble or Discord tonight?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder if DICE going to take a look at the optics of BF1 and take away any balancing poo poo. Every time I get killed by a Hellriegel it has no less than five thousand service stars, which is no surprise because it kills you in about half a second. What will the BFV equivalent that they try and fail to balance properly making it extremely overpowered to simply very overpowered?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chronojam posted:

Are we doing battlefield on Mumble or Discord tonight?

Discord! We have a large crew in there now just getting prepared. 9pm CT here. https://discord.gg/364rsdd

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Starting up in 20 mins!!!!

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Well apparently the MG08 elite class is still good because I just tore off a 37 kill streak with in on Amiens before I finally got stabbed. A good way to get back into the game after taking a several months off.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lupkow Pass is a terrible map. I think I found the map where I run to a corner and stay there either as Scout or with a telescopic LMG. 9/10 deaths are being shot from behind. It's such a loving worthless mess. Honestly, I don't even know why I bother with Mix considering every time I play on a DLC map, it frustrates me to no end because at how garbage most of them are. If I didn't get these things super cheap, I'd felt ripped off.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Live At Five! posted:

Well apparently the MG08 elite class is still good because I just tore off a 37 kill streak with in on Amiens before I finally got stabbed. A good way to get back into the game after taking a several months off.

It was always good if you prefired so that your bullets were firing at the tightest spread on enemies, it's been extremely good ever since it was patched to hit max accuracy one bullet earlier which was precisely what the sentry needed to kill a person to avoid dying to a bayonet.

Jimbot posted:

Lupkow Pass is a terrible map. I think I found the map where I run to a corner and stay there either as Scout or with a telescopic LMG. 9/10 deaths are being shot from behind. It's such a loving worthless mess. Honestly, I don't even know why I bother with Mix considering every time I play on a DLC map, it frustrates me to no end because at how garbage most of them are. If I didn't get these things super cheap, I'd felt ripped off.

The overwhelming majority of the dlc maps are rubbish, I feel pretty silly expecting that there was going to be better maps than the French ones since they were and still are stacked against the French on conquest. Then dice went "hold my beer" and made Albion. And Achi Baba where it feels as claustrophobic as Fort Metro Locker with both teams spawning within open sight of each other.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Delacroix posted:

The overwhelming majority of the dlc maps are rubbish, I feel pretty silly expecting that there was going to be better maps than the French ones since they were and still are stacked against the French on conquest. Then dice went "hold my beer" and made Albion. And Achi Baba where it feels as claustrophobic as Fort Metro Locker with both teams spawning within open sight of each other.

I played 4 at launch and didn't get super into the game to get an idea of the map quality. I know of that one infamous subway map but has DICE ever been this bad with map design? I remember Bad Company 2's maps being pretty darn alright.