Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Ultima66 posted:

2 hours into grinding today and I'm down 6% exp. Firing squads in incursions are complete horseshit and basically all my deaths at 98-99 have been to them.

Stop doing incursions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

synthetik posted:

Stop doing incursions?

Temples are a huuuge chunk of XP if that's what you're going for.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

ThermosAquaticus posted:

Thinking of doing a Blade vortex character for the flashback. Should I go tri-herald elementalist? Or something like Mathil's fire conversion Chieftain?

Trip herald clears so fast. I'd for sure do that.

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Beach Bum posted:

Temples are a huuuge chunk of XP if that's what you're going for.

At my level(98) its like 2% vs a map that is .7-1% death is -10%.* If you only die in incursions cutting them might be a win.

*exact numbers my vary - this is just from quick glances at a bar that barely moves

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What’s the consensus on MoM BV vs non MoM?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Triple herald BV pretty much come online once you get the heralds (16) then Mastermind of Discord makes sustaining a MoM buffer easier?

Or are people leveling with something else? What even is the go-to leveling spell these days?

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 31, 2018

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
Arc until you get the duration cluster is probably the correct answer.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah I'm not doing incursions any more I think. Also I'm burning a lot of currency chiseling/rerolling/sextanting T15/16 shaped maps so I'll probably just alch and go t11-14 most of the way until I hit lvl 100. It's around 7-8m exp/hour depending on circumstances vs 10m for sextanted Haunted Mansions, not counting double Beyond which is a lot more, but it's less tedious and safer at least.

A full clear T16 temple definitely gives under 1% at lvl 99.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Did I waste points on melee physical leech if I'm doing elemental conversion? Is the melee physical leech applied before conversion or after?

[edit] I'm using Molten Strike and the fireballs are 100% fire, aren't they? so would melee physical leech even work with the Molten Strike's fireballs?

Lets say I use a weapon that's 100 physical with +20 added cold damage and +20 lightning damage, are the fireballs doing 40% of the 100 physical damage only, or are the fireballs 40% of all combined 100 physical, 20 cold, and 20 lighting damage?

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 31, 2018

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Ak Gara posted:

Did I waste points on melee physical leech if I'm doing elemental conversion? Is the melee physical leech applied before conversion or after?

You wasted them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yep if you are fully converting you wont leech off phys leech. you do however still get the benefits of any "gain xx% of physical as extra xx" like from herald of ash or hatred

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Thanks. It was only 3 points, and I had a bunch of respec points left so I put them into 5% life nodes instead.

Also, Molten Strike with 11 fireballs per cast + multistrike + ancestral call is crazy! I could get it to 14 with one of those +3 helmets!

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012

Ultima66 posted:

Yeah I'm not doing incursions any more I think. Also I'm burning a lot of currency chiseling/rerolling/sextanting T15/16 shaped maps so I'll probably just alch and go t11-14 most of the way until I hit lvl 100. It's around 7-8m exp/hour depending on circumstances vs 10m for sextanted Haunted Mansions, not counting double Beyond which is a lot more, but it's less tedious and safer at least.

A full clear T16 temple definitely gives under 1% at lvl 99.

I know the layout is shittier but i actually make profit rolling my elder UGS chis 4 sextant(rerolling any that dont add mobs or currency) and chaos rerolling. Maybe its because the div cards are better? or I am just lucky but I haven't fallen back into t15s, and I had to start selling my shaped belfries just because I don't have a map tab for unlimited space.

e: also whats your IGN so i can whisper you when i get an abyssal depth

Nezkar fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 31, 2018

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOuJ0kMDJyo&t=508s

new duelist model. lookin a lil goofy but maybe thats just the t-pose, bad camera angle, and early production

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Nezkar posted:

I know the layout is shittier but i actually make profit rolling my elder UGS chis 4 sextant(rerolling any that dont add mobs or currency) and chaos rerolling. Maybe its because the div cards are better? or I am just lucky but I haven't fallen back into t15s, and I had to start selling my shaped belfries just because I don't have a map tab for unlimited space.

e: also whats your IGN so i can whisper you when i get an abyssal depth

No I don't mean I lose wealth I mean I buy 100 white sextants, 100 vaal orbs, and 400 chisels, use them all, and then I have to buy more and it's annoying. T11-14 I can just alch and throw in the map device and not care. Also it's fine I'll see where I am on Abyssal Depths progress when I finish hitting 100, I'm planning on doing other poo poo with another character later anyways.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Okay, so I've got like 7ex burning a holy in my pocket and want to find substantial upgrades to my Ele Hit Deadeye. It looks like a spicy Frostferno is a few dozen ex so I'm way short there. Also I followed a goon's advice for my gem links and it's all worked out well but I'm open to other suggestions too.

Character is Arycelle_SHIV

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjjEeTmTqlY

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
BRB, making a character named SisterSummersisle to use that.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm not personally going to buy it but this game needs a lot more mtx that actually change the concept of a thing rather than just 'oh it's red and evil now', so I wholeheartedly endorse the angree bees

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Bees. My god.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

JerryLee posted:

I'm not personally going to buy it but this game needs a lot more mtx that actually change the concept of a thing rather than just 'oh it's red and evil now', so I wholeheartedly endorse the angree bees
Agreed. I mean, I'm not going to buy it because I already own Summon Raging Crows that I haven't used since the ascendancy rework broke my build, but different concepts make things a lot more visually diverse than just colours.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

This is very good.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

finally i can roleplay as the pain from metal gear solid 3

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
killed shaper deathless, elehit is loving ludicrous

Nezkar
Nov 6, 2012
For those jumping into the 1month is target farming temples at an early level possible? you can get some sick leveling gear but I am unsure if it would be worth the time, most the rooms with possible good items have a good amount of possible garbage, not to mention you would need to get level 3 room. You could always speed level and then go back to act 1 and farm an easy temple however, Does Alva spawn in a zone like ship graveyard cave? or any one know a good possible target for this.

Either way here are some thing you may want to live search for from the start. You'll have to set it to the new league once it is available from the drop box to the right of the 'search item...' box. All searches are set for item level 1-30, so this may need to be modified if people are not running temples early.

Tacati's items found in Toxic Grove
Weapons
(155–169)% increased Physical Damage - Gain (9–10)% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/vdvwyMCE
(70–74)% increased Spell Damage - Gain 5% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/LJkndlHn

Matatl's items from Defense Research Lab - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/n3DGoRH0
Boots
30% increased Movement Speed - 5% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently
30% increased Movement Speed - (11–12)% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
30% increased Movement Speed - (11–12)% chance to Dodge Spell Hits

Guatelitzi's items from Sanctum of Immortality
Rings
(70–79) to maximum Life - (3–5)% increased maximum Life - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/j8RGMXtX
Neck
(110–119) to maximum Life - (8–10)% increased maximum Life - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/GnG9M3hb
Belt
(110–119) to maximum Life - (8–10)% increased maximum Life - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/o2obgGil
Chest
(110–119) to maximum Life - (8–10)% increased maximum Life - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/ywKdKGtR

Xopec's items from Conduit of Lightning
(74–78) to maximum Mana - (-8–-6) to Total Mana Cost of Skills - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/DYnl07S5

Mods pulled from the list at http://poedb.tw/us/article.php?id=Incursion if you wanna set up your own searches.

Nezkar fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 2, 2018

remember
Nov 23, 2006
It seems that the time spent farming would erase any gain you would get from the items. Especially since these items likely won't help you beyond leveling.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I thought the question was about whether you could scrounge some decent early currency by selling or flipping a few choice leveling or early mapping items in the first 6-8 hours or so. By selling leveling items in Incursion, I'd made more money before hitting maps than I have in any previous league.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
So this is my first PoE season and found it pretty enjoyable. I have a few questions for whats next though.

I went with a chieftain cyclone build that was pretty quick and dealt some good damage. I think I would have more fun if I tried to make my own build next but am having trouble figuring it out what to base it on.

What skills do you guys have the most fun playing with or using?
Are there any uniques that are somewhat obtainable for a noob that are pretty fun?

I played a bunch of diablo in the past and really enjoyed Monk and Crusader. Flicker strike seemed to be the most monk type skill but I'm afraid after watching it in action my eyes would not last more than 5 min at a time.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It's less visually irritating than you'd think when you're the one driving. Also I'm rarely looking at what I'm hitting. Always looking at loot and the next pack.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

smarion2 posted:

Are there any uniques that are somewhat obtainable for a noob that are pretty fun?

Facebreaker

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone tried mathils chieftain BV build? Wondering how it holds up against elementalist tri hearld BV.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

This sounds pretty interesting. How viable is it? Doesn't seem like there's too much stuff to support it. I'm still a pretty big noob so for my first build I'll probably want to try to make something a bit safer.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smarion2 posted:

This sounds pretty interesting. How viable is it? Doesn't seem like there's too much stuff to support it. I'm still a pretty big noob so for my first build I'll probably want to try to make something a bit safer.

I'm not sure of the current league but there are and have been endgame-viable Facebreaker builds about every season. It scales very well with flat damage gear.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Elentor posted:

I'm not sure of the current league but there are and have been endgame-viable Facebreaker builds about every season. It scales very well with flat damage gear.

It's as good as it ever was, but you can make a feisty Pillar of the Caged God build now due to Double Strike's massive added physical damage. I'm guessing how it shakes out is that Facebreakers is better with starting gear and perfect gear, but Pillar is better for non-rich people once you have a decent amount of strength. The logic being that Pillar's bonus is weaker but you're multiplying a much higher base damage unless you have an absolute fuckload of added damage on the rest of your gear.

Uhhh to make this relevant for the newbie asking about Facebreakers though: Both uniques are dirt cheap and give you very clear goals to work towards for improving your gear, in the form of flat physical damage and strength stacking.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
Ok cool, thanks for the unique suggestions. How about skill gems? Whats everybody's most fun skill to use? Cyclone has been pretty satisfying but a bit dull.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

smarion2 posted:

Ok cool, thanks for the unique suggestions. How about skill gems? Whats everybody's most fun skill to use? Cyclone has been pretty satisfying but a bit dull.

For build ideas check out - http://poe.ninja/challenge/builds

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

smarion2 posted:

My favorite skill is Kinetic Blast, bit it will probably be nerfed in the next 3 month league. If you are interested in making a wander I'd do it now in the flashback league.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Thinking about either some kind of Ele Hit.... or maybe a throwback to Spec Throw, which is a playstyle I loving love, even if it hasn't been S-tier in some time.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I tried to find a good Pillar build but couldn't find any recent ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaardean
May 28, 2012

V2.0 of my ability dps spreadsheet for anyone looking for skills to build around for flashback.