Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

So the justification in '34 for the Night of Long Knives and the SS purge/replacement of the SA, and Rohm's murder and Himmler becoming Hitler's new BFF.... The official justification was that Rohm was preparing the "Rohm Putsch" wherein he would coup himself in since the SA has 3m men and the Treaty-of-Versailles-bound actually military has like 100k, and the SS is still Himmler's weird cult and not even Sepp Dietrich's action-adventure team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Well, I guess this had to happen eventually. Someone uploaded a mod of nothing but DRAMA.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1138310824

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lum_ posted:

Well, I guess this had to happen eventually. Someone uploaded a mod of nothing but DRAMA.

:rip:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rohm's dead to years before the game starts

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did aKaiser Germany run and everyone is in the Allies except communist Spain and Norway (???) joined Japan, and the Polish alliance runs from Romans through the Baltics

I have no idea how to do naval combat, I have like 150 divisions of infant and 25 of tanks, which I can't use without getting hosed by lack of supply

How do you late game war

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Lum_ posted:

This will lead to civil war in the future.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Did aKaiser Germany run and everyone is in the Allies except communist Spain and Norway (???) joined Japan, and the Polish alliance runs from Romans through the Baltics

I have no idea how to do naval combat, I have like 150 divisions of infant and 25 of tanks, which I can't use without getting hosed by lack of supply

How do you late game war

you'll want 4-6 CVs a handful of battleships and heavy cruisers in case anything manages to get into gun range and then destroyers as damage soaks/AA cover. unless you've conquered enough of eurasia to build more than one of these fleets, keep it close to the coastline so land based planes can support it

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Rohm's dead to years before the game starts

Well yeah hence wanting a mod or something. I mean gently caress there's a mod where the Kaiser won WWI. Is Rohm winning '34 that drat weird by comparison?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

chairface posted:

Well yeah hence wanting a mod or something. I mean gently caress there's a mod where the Kaiser won WWI. Is Rohm winning '34 that drat weird by comparison?

There's nothing stopping you from making your own weird Nazi Röhm fetish mod, I guess?

But to answer what I assume the original question is: I don't think there is already a mod that replaces Hitler with Röhm, no.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

The Narrator posted:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

When is Spain getting a focus tree.

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!
Is there a "China and Japan ally" path? I haven't played in a long time. And I don't mean the Japanese focus to puppet China.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

chairface posted:

just wait for calm before the storm getting released, itll move the start date to 1933 and germany alone has 3 different focus trees for democratic/fascist/communist germany, each with something like seven different paths you can take. if you people thought kr focus trees were bloated clusterfucks you aint seen nothing yet

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So Austria's poor performance at Milan was still nagging me and I loaded up my save as Austria again and hit the Strategic Air screen.

5000 fighters doing air superiority over Milan.

Zero bombers of any kind built.

:sludgepal:

The Narrator posted:

lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Can anyone recommend a good video that explains leveraging your subjects' manpower to recruit units? I've tried fiddling with it after reading the wiki but it is still a little confusing to me. I'm debating trying to recruit troops from a puppetted Russia, and thus would plan on taking less land so they would have more manpower for me to leach.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Can anyone recommend a good video that explains leveraging your subjects' manpower to recruit units? I've tried fiddling with it after reading the wiki but it is still a little confusing to me. I'm debating trying to recruit troops from a puppetted Russia, and thus would plan on taking less land so they would have more manpower for me to leach.

One thing to remember is that unlike the puppet's own divisions, these ones will need a supply line to your own capital, which makes them slightly finicky to use (like Italy can't use these to have a self-contained East African army using puppet Ethiopia, they will still lose convoys to British interdiction).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Enjoy posted:

One thing to remember is that unlike the puppet's own divisions, these ones will need a supply line to your own capital, which makes them slightly finicky to use (like Italy can't use these to have a self-contained East African army using puppet Ethiopia, they will still lose convoys to British interdiction).
Well poo poo, I knew about that button but I thought there was more nuance to it. When you copy one, that just brings it over to your list of recruitable divisions. Then you recruit it from there and the manpower is largely taken from the subject. Nice. Thank you.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Enjoy posted:

:monocle:

I had no idea that was a thing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The veritable hiding of that function is such bullshit. Colonial empires are literally playing with one arm looked behind their back if they don't use colonial manpower to field divisions. It makes an incredible difference.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The mapgoons discord group (the good one not the one with the weird reddit rules) is doing a somewhat janky fallout mod game for those who are s o i n c l i n e d.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

i tried doing the owb mod with multi and we didnt make it a full month without 3 desyncs. good luck to all involved.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

man this guy is going to lose his poo poo when he actually learns about ww2

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Someone skipped their history classes.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
It’s hilarious but they do have a point about democracies being self-gimping gameplaywise.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

really queer Christmas posted:

i tried doing the owb mod with multi and we didnt make it a full month without 3 desyncs. good luck to all involved.

I've played it a bunch in MP and I don't recall ever having desync issues. Kaiserreich on the other hand...

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

bees everywhere posted:

I've played it a bunch in MP and I don't recall ever having desync issues. Kaiserreich on the other hand...

I play MP KR on the reg and we figured out that if everyone goes to My Documents/paradox/HOI4 and deleted everything other than your settings.ini file and save game folder and do that everytime you start playing it eliminates 95% of desyncs

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

buglord posted:

It’s hilarious but they do have a point about democracies being self-gimping gameplaywise.

Yeah, the point that a bunch of countries have nothing to do absent of the fascist powers trying to attack them is fair, but that's partly because there's no real diplomacy or espionage options. The UK at least is going to have options soon, so that's something, and I assume the US tree won't be wrongheaded enough to be as reactive as it was.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

spectralent posted:

Yeah, the point that a bunch of countries have nothing to do absent of the fascist powers trying to attack them is fair, but that's partly because there's no real diplomacy or espionage options. The UK at least is going to have options soon, so that's something, and I assume the US tree won't be wrongheaded enough to be as reactive as it was.

The problem with the US has always been that if they join the war too early Germany never really poses a threat and if they join the war historically that's a boring 5 years or so for the player.

Standing QA recommendation for balance is to cut the US from the game btw.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

buglord posted:

Yeah, if you’ve got the generic tree, going communist or democratic gimps you compared to going fascist. Even in KR it’s almost always more fun to go full natpop since you usually get more expansion options.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Desyncs are weirdly pretty host focused. If you get a lot of desyncs when playing try and swap hosts if possible.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
hoi4 but the us is an ai only permanently neutral industrial superpower that everyone desperately courts so they can get massive amounts of lend-lease equipment would be amazing

feller
Jul 5, 2006

USA but as CK2 China

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

ArchangeI posted:

The problem with the US has always been that if they join the war too early Germany never really poses a threat and if they join the war historically that's a boring 5 years or so for the player.

Standing QA recommendation for balance is to cut the US from the game btw.

Yeah, I can imagine. I don't think it's an easy thing to fix, but it's a thing.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

hoi4 but the AI is actually intelligent

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

If this is who I think it is he's a giant nerd who does nothing but post stupid poo poo on twitter all day long and cry when you remind him he got demodded and banned from Wikipedia for being too big of a :spergin: even for them.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Even in KR it’s almost always more fun to go full natpop since you usually get more expansion options.
NatPop is also where all the crazy evil balls to the wall poo poo is.

Restore the Emperor to Brazil and make racism illegal? gently caress yeah, let's ride.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Basticle posted:

hoi4 but the AI is actually intelligent

france kicking germany's teeth in the moment it remilitarizes the rhineland every game doesnt sound very fun tbqh

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yesss if there is a port in Kamchatka you can place boats there as a European power even if you don't have any dockyards over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Haven't played HoI4 since launch, installed KR for the first time.

Syndie Italy seems rather tough one to start out with, zero manpower reserves and all. I think I'll try Britain next.