Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Delacroix posted:

It was always good if you prefired so that your bullets were firing at the tightest spread on enemies, it's been extremely good ever since it was patched to hit max accuracy one bullet earlier which was precisely what the sentry needed to kill a person to avoid dying to a bayonet.

I always did okay with it but I always found myself wanting the villar perosa because who doesnt love melting people with a repurposed aircraft gun? Whatever buff they gave the MG08 makes it actually feel worth picking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Discord! We have a large crew in there now just getting prepared. 9pm CT here. https://discord.gg/364rsdd

What's the deal with you kids these days and discord

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Discord is a superior platform because I can post meme links to support my meme thoughts. Thanks for getting this going tonight SGA we had some fun despite the battlefield clan spergs.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fingers McGee posted:

Discord is a superior platform because I can post meme links to support my meme thoughts. Thanks for getting this going tonight SGA we had some fun despite the battlefield clan spergs.

Exactly. If you can’t post your favorite meme links then what are you even living for???

And no problem—I had a great time too. We had 10 people at once and we all made the same team for Operations (good find Chrono on that server).

Let’s definitely do this again next week too. Maybe we can make Friday nights out of it. I’m just hype for BFV so I need the fix.

Tons of fun playing with you all.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Fingers McGee posted:

we had some fun despite the battlefield clan SPRGs.
you dare

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jimbot posted:

I played 4 at launch and didn't get super into the game to get an idea of the map quality. I know of that one infamous subway map but has DICE ever been this bad with map design? I remember Bad Company 2's maps being pretty darn alright.

They usually make a bunch of pretty decent maps, but there’s always one that sucks and ends up taking over the servers anyway because it’s a meat grinder that people want to cheese for their KDR, like Metro in 3.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
To bf1's credit, I don't think there's a single operation metro-equivalent that people want to play over and over again. The closest thing is probably fort vaux and aside from being mostly indoors it's not nearly the same kind of three-lane meatgrinder that a true metro is

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The stairs in the Zegruppe operation sub pen always play out the same way as metro, but that’s mostly on the players all trying to jam down one the same staircases over and over and over.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Bohemian Nights posted:

To bf1's credit, I don't think there's a single operation metro-equivalent that people want to play over and over again. The closest thing is probably fort vaux and aside from being mostly indoors it's not nearly the same kind of three-lane meatgrinder that a true metro is

shotgonne forest is a three lane meat grinder and people will always vote for it if it's a choice. It's not quite metro but rather dota with the bonus of instant death from spawning in front of someone in melee range.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
You're completely right, Argonne is definitely the closest equivalent but atleast you can actually flank there pretty easily unlike metro

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Argonne is worse than Metro because most servers keep it in the rotation. Metro was easily avoidable because players that liked terrible maps were quarantined in metro 24/7 servers.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Suez is lame even on the winning side imho

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Bohemian Nights posted:

You're completely right, Argonne is definitely the closest equivalent but atleast you can actually flank there pretty easily unlike metro

Achi baba is a good infantry map. Nice flow and good back and forths. Argonne’s middle flag should have a cap radius that extends to the bottom and it would make it much better.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Verdun is also kind of bleh. Not so much in terms of chokepoints, but mostly because it's a wide-open wasteland with minimal cover and no vehicles to help you get across it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I like both those maps and hated metro. Honestly the lack of roofs helps a lot.

Also last night was a blast. I really miss 48 player servers though.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 4, 2018

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Agreed chrono. I’ll be able to put in more time next week. Had to help my wife with some poo poo abruptly and it didn’t end at a reasonable hour.

We can decide if we want to do some BF4 or do BF1 again.

Maybe we do Thursday for one and Friday for another. It was cool to have 10 of us on the same team at once.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im sorry I missed it, I got rly drunk with coworkers

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A worthy reason. Hey, we have next week!

Fingat
May 17, 2004

But SGA, Mohun is next week.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/Jimbot256/status/1025878278580645888

Let it be known now that crouching in a corner makes you invulnerable to melee and multiple revolver slugs to the head.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/Jimbot256/status/1025878278580645888

Let it be known now that crouching in a corner makes you invulnerable to melee and multiple revolver slugs to the head.

He hit him once and only shot once :confused:

TTK is pretty high in this game I’ll grant you. But that didn’t seem like a glitch to me.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The melee didn't register.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Jimbot posted:

The melee didn't register.

I looked at it again and you’re half right; it just went right above his shoulder. Thus not connecting.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Still a stupid hitbox. I missed the guy, went through him and hit the wall. I'm just grumpy because I want to use the double-barrel shotgun and forgot I have to get 50 kills with the shittiest loving weapon in the history of existence. The 12 Automatic Extended is such a horrible piece of garbage. You need to be 2 feet away from the target to do any damage and if you aim anywhere other than straight down, the recoil is going to cause you to miss 90% of the time.

Edit: And yeah, this is doing Domination. A garbage gun.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 5, 2018

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fingers McGee posted:

Yeah my next weekend is pretty much blown to hunting monsters

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Fingers McGee posted:

Chronojam posted:

Yeah my next weekend is pretty much blown to hunting monsters

Yeah good point.. But hey, I can carve out some hours for battlefield. Well, let me know what everybody wants to do either way!

I will be playing a poo poo load of Monster Hunter. So if you all do that, we will have a lot of partying going on for that too. Either way, as long as I can play video games with some cool people like yourselves and others, I’m game for whatever.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Requested to join KUMT, I'm Cybar_bulley.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

do 'explosive kills' count weapon explosives?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

StashAugustine posted:

Like the AT gun? Yes.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

StashAugustine posted:

If you’re doing the challenge i think your doing, try playing support with the frag crossbow, ammo box, & regular grenades on one of the infantry focused maps like Verdun: Hang back a bit from wherever most of your team’s fighting and just rely on tossing explosives into the mix.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Lube Enthusiast posted:

If you’re doing the challenge i think your doing, try playing support with the frag crossbow, ammo box, & regular grenades on one of the infantry focused maps like Verdun: Hang back a bit from wherever most of your team’s fighting and just rely on tossing explosives into the mix.

The medic's grenade launcher is way better than the crossbow because it refills as fast as you shoot as long as you're within ammo-crate range, or refills instantly from an ammo pack, allowing you to push out a constant stream of explosives. Yeah, it means you need to hang around with someone else running support but that's usually not too big a problem. The rate of fire is also completely absurd, it's like easily twice as fast as the Crossbow and you also get a third shot.

Works well on a map like Fort Vaux, like most "X kills/X kills in a round with [non-sniper weapon]" unlock challenges.

The ammo refill rate of the Crossbow is appalling. I can understand wanting to slow down explosive spam but if that's the case then they failed at nerfing all the other weapons - even within the Support class. Limpets still refill instantly too.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 6, 2018

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I got a hackusation last night, felt like getting carded for beer still. I was using the mg1917 suppressive. Prone, that thing is a laser.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Fingers McGee posted:

I got a hackusation last night, felt like getting carded for beer still. I was using the mg1917 suppressive. Prone, that thing is a laser.

I have gotten hackusations every single session since I started horsing. I just can't recommend the pure joy of equestrianism enough

On that note, I have also noticed a funny bug with stat tracking as relates to horsing

When you get kills with horse man, you rack up kills in the Vehicle - Horse category, which is working as intended.

What i've noticed isn't working as intended is that you're also gaining kills with the Russian 1895 Infantry variant. Without it actually counting hits. Or that you're holding the weapon; so not only is my KPM going to steadily rise into eventual god tier quantities, I have also racked up more kills than I have recorded hits. Maybe I'm actually cheating?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trying to come back to this after a break, I'm even worse than I used to be

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
After a few rounds I've decided that the ross infantry owns and is my new favorite rifle. Not only are the iron sights great but it's a great combination of decent velocity and rate of fire.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Fingers McGee posted:

I was using the mg1917 suppressive. Prone, that thing is a laser.

I still carry that that thing most of the time. After my fling with 08/18 faded, it just felt like coming home to a pile of dead bodies and angry scouts. True love never dies.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Big, 4 gig patch, anyone know what it does?

Griz
May 21, 2001

Lube Enthusiast posted:

the Russian operations map that always turns into a stalemate over the big round building is really good for farming explosive kills, there's always a pile of ammo crates outside so you can go assault and spam AT grenades, dynamite, and regular grenades through the windows.

Riflen
Mar 13, 2009

"Cheating bitch"
Bleak Gremlin

Mordja posted:

Big, 4 gig patch, anyone know what it does?

https://www.battlefield.com/news/bf1-summer-update-2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Got the wine bottle https://streamable.com/ifq2a :D