Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That Briscoes match is ROH house show level poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The trios match is going to rip but without a solid Kenny match this show really doesn't look special.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Its a good card but on paper I don't think I plan on travelling for All In 2.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it looks like a solid ROH card + some features. I might grab the ppv, time money permitting but i’m not expecting a whole lot.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I Before E posted:

The trios match is going to rip but without a solid Kenny match this show really doesn't look special.

Him v Pentagon will take care of that, I assume that's what will happen.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Him v Pentagon will take care of that, I assume that's what will happen.

Watch it be him and Pentagon vs the Best Friends.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Pentagon, Lethal, Omega, and the Best Friends are the only ones not facing anyone yet

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

KungFu Grip posted:

Pentagon, Lethal, Omega, and the Best Friends are the only ones not facing anyone yet

Same with Tessa, Joey Ryan, Matt Cross and I think Chelsea Green?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

joey ryan was not announced to my knowledge

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's a solid card if Omega's opponent is good.

It's gotta be Pentagon now, right?

Draxion posted:

Watch it be him and Pentagon vs the Best Friends.

That would be odd, but honestly, could be good too. But I figure if Kenny was working a tag, they'd do the Lovers.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lethal vs. Matt Cross would be real good

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Scott Norton vs Glacier make it happen Bucks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

frankenfreak posted:

I'm the AE spellings getting caught by the BE spellcheck.

Not sure I like the "he misread the situation" defense, though.

https://twitter.com/RealSamAdonis/status/1026499805512650752

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eh. Good enough.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
good on Sam for apologizing properly tbh. at one of the AAW Jim Lynam Tournament shows last year, Trevor Lee (IIRC) yelled human being at a heckling fan and, as far as I know, never apologized or anything. was extremely fuckin uncool and between that and the stuff about Elgin that came out like a month later that whole show is just a huge bummer in my memory :(

(there is a non-zero chance it was not Trevor Lee or was a "lesser" slur [as if that matters] and I am misremembering, but that's how it is in my head, at least. several other ppl on this forum were also there and hopefully can confirm or correct)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 7, 2018

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I recall Trevor getting some backlash for doing the same at PWG, so that is certainly plausible.

Semi-related, is Trevor Lee still good? I hear almost nothing about his matches anymore. That buzz train just left town.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought Lee was in TNA and hasn't done indies since, much like Eddie Edwards.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

I thought Lee was in TNA and hasn't done indies since, much like Eddie Edwards.

Trevor Lee was a hot prospect.

Then he had an okay tag match with the Eddie and Davey in TNA and the hype train got derailed in a hurry.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Trevor Lee is very good. But he hasn't changed up much about him in a while. He needs to change something be it look or maybe moveset.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lee could use some time in wXw or a smaller Japanese promotion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He can join Shigehiro Irie's gang of American misfits in DDT.

Speaking of which Sami Callihan is defending the KO-D title against Irie on August 8th in RockstarPro for that one goon who wanted to go last time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He can join Shigehiro Irie's gang of American misfits in DDT.

Speaking of which Sami Callihan is defending the KO-D title against Irie on August 8th in RockstarPro for that one goon who wanted to go last time.
That was me, and now I'm almost tempted to skip this one unless the rubber match happens in Japan.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The biggest bummer about All In is how it wastes Daniels on Amell. If it was him facing Okada while Marty had a tag with Amell against Best Friends or something it'd be way more interesting

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gumball Gumption posted:

Its a good card but on paper I don't think I plan on travelling for All In 2.

I think you mean All In, Too! A show featuring all the wrestlers that were not good enough to be booked at all in, but are still good.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
OK, good that he (finally) weighed in himself. I was just afraid the promoter was covering for him, but that seems not to be the case here.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I think you mean All In, Too! A show featuring all the wrestlers that were not good enough to be booked at all in, but are still good.
Flip still not booked.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think that Daniels' veteran presence would be able to carry Amell to a better match than Marty. I wonder if Best Friends would be used in that rumble or whether they are having a tag match on the show. Using them in a rumble would seem like a waste in some ways.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

People got weirdly defensive about the All In card on twitter last night, which was entertaining. You could tell who were the ones that bought all the ancillary merch and programming packages. Like New Car Syndrome.

I expect it to be a fun card, but since it was promoted so far in advance without any real matches named, I can understand people feeling let down.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

I think that Daniels' veteran presence would be able to carry Amell to a better match than Marty. I wonder if Best Friends would be used in that rumble or whether they are having a tag match on the show. Using them in a rumble would seem like a waste in some ways.

When they were doing the "oh we forgot you guys were coming" thing on twitter Cody said that they had a match but might not like it, which makes me suspect they've actually got something cool.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/coreypierceart/status/1026843713883054080

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

coconono posted:

People got weirdly defensive about the All In card on twitter last night, which was entertaining. You could tell who were the ones that bought all the ancillary merch and programming packages. Like New Car Syndrome.

I expect it to be a fun card, but since it was promoted so far in advance without any real matches named, I can understand people feeling let down.

I don't understand what people expected. It's not like Omega was going to be in every match and they had to fill out the card somehow.

Rey/Fenix/Bandido vs. Ibushi/Bucks is worth the admission, that's an insane match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blast Fantasto posted:

I don't understand what people expected. It's not like Omega was going to be in every match and they had to fill out the card somehow.

Rey/Fenix/Bandido vs. Ibushi/Bucks is worth the admission, that's an insane match.

Cm Punk immediately came out of a lot of fans mouths when they found out it was happening in Chicago.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

I'm not really mad about it but I'm underwhelmed. I can see why others would be. My expectation was to see a lot of cool stuff I may not have otherwise seen. The trios match is awesome because it fits that bill. Okada-Scurll, while likely to be quite good, is a match that could've happened at any time, so it doesn't really feel like a big deal to me.

Also, nobody on Earth cares about Nick Aldis. They had a chance to salvage interest in Cody's match with the Flip Gordon storyline but as it is now, what could be the main event is a match that nobody gives a gently caress about.

The card, while still pretty good, just feels like a good ROH show rather than a really big supercard.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I loved that the first teased match on the card, night of tickets going on sale, was Magnus defending against Cody, and the reaction was fans spending months believing there was no way it wasn't going to be a swerve where literally any other matchup happened for Cody and the belt that night

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

no PCO, Nick Gage or Mancer. This show isn't outlaw at all.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1026913277320810498

That leaves Omega, Cross, Pentagon and Lethal.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OGB posted:

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1026913277320810498

That leaves Omega, Cross, Pentagon and Lethal.

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Christopher Daniels is booking this, isn't he?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Turns out the secret to ROH booking a 10,000 seat show is not telling anyone it's ROH or their talent.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm just baffled at how many people are sleeping on Okada/Marty, as if it's not exactly the kind of cool, fresh matchup we wouldn't see otherwise (maybe in RevPro or something, but New Japan isn't booking that match anytime soon).

When did we start pretending that Marty isn't one of the best wrestlers in the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Cory Lidle posted:

Semi-related, is Trevor Lee still good? I hear almost nothing about his matches anymore. That buzz train just left town.
Some of the buzz was about his CWF title run that is still ongoing but shouldn't be and CWF itself has been rough at best since they fired their booker and the technical director quit in protest in January.