Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Slow your roll there Mr. Singlehandedly Ran The Punch Gif Into The Ground

Content:
Idiot family ignores will, steals money, posts about it on Reddit

The entire comment section is absolutely incredible

Although I largely think reddit is a cesspool I super recommend r/legaladvice and r/bestoflegaladvice for casual downtime reading because it has some of the best schad I've ever seen

For example, I learned that you can get a million dollar judgment over an rear end in a top hat neighbor who thinks he's being clever getting a tree removal company to remove a centuries-old tree he doesn't like on your property

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

C.M. Kruger posted:

Wil Wheaton seems to have done good for himself, managing to go from being a hated child star into being a nerd celebrity while also remaining sane.

He's apparently struggled with depression for a long time, but he's got it under control now and is doing really well. :unsmith:

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Came here to post this. The stuff she says to the cop is taking "I did not know I couldn't do that" to a whole new level.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
A 10-month-old died after her parents refused to get help for religious reasons, police say

quote:

And he explained why he refused to vaccinate his children, saying: “It didn’t seem smart to me that you would be saving people who weren’t the fittest. If evolution believes in survival of the fittest, well then why are we vaccinating everybody? Shouldn’t we just let the weak die off and let the strong survive?”
. . . .

The parents, both age 27, told police that they had known for at least a month that their daughter seemed underweight, and Fusari acknowledged that they declined to seek help “for fear of having her children removed by Child Protective Services, lack of faith and trust in the medical services and religious reasons,” according to an arrest warrant affidavit obtained by the station.
. . . .

“I’m not opposed to medicine or doctors,” he said. “I’m opposed to bad medicine and doctors that are just, well, aren’t really doctors — they’re priesthoods of the medical cult. They have a certificate from some training camp somewhere that says they got this test score, but that doesn’t mean they know about the human body and stuff like that.”

He explained that he thinks doctors would have to believe in creationism to be able to successfully treat patients.

These people are garbage.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

They’re white and christian so there is no way in hell they will get life.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
That happened in Alberta (the deep South of Canada) a couple years ago. Antivaxxer parents killed their kid through neglect. Father got a couple months in prision, mother got house arrest. I'm pretty sure they won an appeal or a retrial or something, and are out and about running health and nutrition seminars again. Kept custody of their other kids too.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ah, so he's just a huge dumbass

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Fallom posted:

For example, I learned that you can get a million dollar judgment over an rear end in a top hat neighbor who thinks he's being clever getting a tree removal company to remove a centuries-old tree he doesn't like on your property

You can't brag about having good poo poo like that without a courtesy bump, bro.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

That happened in Alberta (the deep South of Canada) a couple years ago. Antivaxxer parents killed their kid through neglect. Father got a couple months in prision, mother got house arrest. I'm pretty sure they won an appeal or a retrial or something, and are out and about running health and nutrition seminars again. Kept custody of their other kids too.

A local business in my area brought in the dad to do one of those seminars, and even though people found out and they cancelled it, I will never give that place a cent of my money again. I do everything I can to discourage everyone I know from supporting them in any way.

gently caress those people and anyone who enables them.

(I'm debating naming and shaming the business right now because they're the excluive Canadian supplier for a fairly well-known brand of supplements and stuff)

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Michigan doesn't have a death penalty and I really hope the jury is extremely unsympathetic. The dad is just not understanding that it is his fault his daughter starved to death. Here's what he posted on his Facebook (how did he get onto Facebook if he was in an isolation cell? Should I take this down?)

quote:

Heart is about shattered right now.

Woke up to Mary dead in her bed this morning - this evening had our children removed and placed on “no contact” because Tati and I are the worst parents ever - Thankfully they are with grandma and grandpa.

Just numb inside right now. And I'm really enjoying the loving embrace of an isolation cell from the cops and government employees who keep assuring me 'they are only here to help'.

This is how clinical narcissists behave.

More, because I can't stop looking

reddit poster posted:

I actually know these two people. We bought vegetables a ton from them when we lived right around the corner from them. Here are a few things you won’t hear from the news stations.

She is about 6-7 months pregnant right now. Typically, a woman’s breastmilk can “dry up” around this time.

The husband was ultra conservative in his faith and because of this thought modern medicine was pretty crappy. Because of this he wanted his wife to almost exclusively breastfeed.

What my wife and I think happened is that her milk dried up and she either didn’t know or wasn’t allowed by her husband to do anything else to feed the child, and this caused the dehydration and malnutrition.

He always seemed like the dominant type. She was always super chipper and talkative until he came around. My wife and I just wish we had tried to talk to her more and see if she was being abused in any way.

Another friend of mine used to work with the wife and she said the wife would often leave work crying because she had to go home to the husband. We didn’t find out about this part until recently.

Such a horrible situation. I’m a Christian myself, but the extremism these people take it to is just stupid and dangerous.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

wow actual regret that the community was harmful protecting itself and may not be because it made news.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

MageMage posted:

Because /r/legaladvice is infamous for faking poo poo and Reddit falling for it

One of the glaring questions I have about this story (and which I think someone else has already mentioned), is why the brother didn't just make his boyfriend the Executor of his estate if family relationships are so strained. So yeah, I could see it being fake.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

He probably figured his garbage family would sue him, like I'm sure they would have

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

One of the glaring questions I have about this story (and which I think someone else has already mentioned), is why the brother didn't just make his boyfriend the Executor of his estate if family relationships are so strained. So yeah, I could see it being fake.

The boyfriend didn't want anything to do with the family

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Guess who lost his appeal? Brock Turner that's who!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
'Not rape because his pants stayed on'.
Haha, linking this because it's also 'not rape'.

https://i.imgur.com/g2NyNUq.gif

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Its mentioned that the boyfriend (unsurprisingly) hates that side of the family and wants nothing to so with them. So the sister who is on better terms with the brother was made executor because she would be a better "middleman"

manderson
Aug 12, 2005

Human Extraordinaire

Yeah no, bad.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

manderson posted:

Yeah no, bad.

otoh, acab

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

manderson posted:

Yeah no, bad.

It is indeed bad that yet another cop shot an unarmed man

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Say Nothing posted:

'Not rape because his pants stayed on'.
Haha, linking this because it's also 'not rape'.

https://i.imgur.com/g2NyNUq.gif

So wait. Shoes stayed on, shirt stayed on, pants came off. He's alive, he wins the fight, but...

(butt :yosbutt:)

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

manderson posted:

Yeah no, bad.

Its actually really good to gently caress up a police officers life as much as possible dude.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Doesn't the overwhelming guilt of having murdered an unarmed man have that same effect on most normal peop...... Oh... Ooooohhhhhh.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/QRCKa1i.mp4

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

oh boy

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

manderson posted:

Yeah no, bad.

Yeah, noone attacked the cop.

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 03:57 on Aug 9, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Here's the thing about cases like that though

quote:

Welch and Fusari have two older children together, ages 2 and 4. Child Protective Services filed on Monday a neglect case against the parents involving their two eldest children.

There's no joy in that pain. Just tragedy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This is a huge dick move though??

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

Zaphod42 posted:

This is a huge dick move though??
It took couple of views before I noticed him kicking the kid’s board.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lazlo Nibble posted:

It took couple of views before I noticed him kicking the kid’s board.

Board nothing i'm pretty sure he kicks the kid.

Maybe its his dad and maybe the kid was sitting at the top of the half-pipe scared to actually go down for a long time before this, and finally the dad wanted to show the kid he'd be okay since he was wearing the pads.

But IDK man still seems like a dick move to me. That kid is like what, 8 at the most?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yeah, it's not schadenfreude to me bc the kid is just being a kid and the jerk doesn't have anything happen to him. It'd be funny if the adult like, tripped and fell down after him.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

CommonShore posted:

A local business in my area brought in the dad to do one of those seminars, and even though people found out and they cancelled it, I will never give that place a cent of my money again. I do everything I can to discourage everyone I know from supporting them in any way.

gently caress those people and anyone who enables them.

(I'm debating naming and shaming the business right now because they're the excluive Canadian supplier for a fairly well-known brand of supplements and stuff)

:justpost:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hedley's Health Hut;

They're the Canadian distributor for quack supplement company ONNIT.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

CommonShore posted:

Hedley's Health Hut;

They're the Canadian distributor for quack supplement company ONNIT.

Joe Rogan wouldn't steer us wrong, would he??

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Oh man, I remember onnit sponsoring a fuckton of podcasts ages ago.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

It was deleted before I saw the thread but apparently someone doxxed OP via MA court records, so there's that.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Sex Hobbit posted:

It was deleted before I saw the thread but apparently someone doxxed OP via MA court records, so there's that.

Nah, they just said they were going to doxx them, according to the removeddit. Would it even count as doxxing, since it’s going to be easily obtainable public court records?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Zaphod42 posted:

Board nothing i'm pretty sure he kicks the kid.

You guys talking about this pic again?

:haw:

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Weatherman posted:

You guys talking about this pic again?

:haw:

You know, I just now noticed there was a watermark on that GIF. I wonder what that site is like….

…I should have known. :negative: (Thank God for ad blockers at least.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

Maybe its his dad and maybe the kid was sitting at the top of the half-pipe scared to actually go down for a long time before this, and finally the dad wanted to show the kid he'd be okay since he was wearing the pads.
poo poo is still terrifying as an adult padded up in safety gear.