Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Super dick move. Dude should be thrown off the edge, see how you like it, rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a news report about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgkoMpVc9wI
The skate park owner confronted the Dad and told him not to come back for a while and says he was apparently remorseful about what he did: "He certainly understands the gravity of the situation."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That was the kids dad? That's almost worse. My dad got impatient with me once at the pool when I was roughly that kids age, refusing to get into the deep end despite wearing arm floats and an inner tube, and chucked me in. Like literally picked me up and threw me. I wanted nothing to do with the pool for a good long while after that.

Was I being a huge weenie? Yessirree. But giving the kid the boot is just going to scare the hell out of him, it's not going to make him any less hesitant.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My dad made me learn BASIC.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"He certainly understands the gravity of the situation."

:discourse:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Jerry Cotton posted:

My dad made me learn BASIC.

i'm calling cps

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My nephew was afraid of putting his head underwater until I picked him up and jumped into the lake with him. He was fine with it after that and absolutely loves swimming now. It's a fine line between really loving a kid up and having that "face your fear" moment work out. Looking back I probably wouldn't do that again, I just really lucked out that it worked.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
could have been worse

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You gotta take risks to be the fun uncle! For every "ice cream for dinner" there will come an "accidentally thrown off the trampoline."

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

china bot posted:

could have been worse

Pretty sure he got away with no major injuries didn't he? Can't quite make out his shoes launching themselves away in the gif.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ilmucche posted:

Pretty sure he got away with no major injuries didn't he? Can't quite make out his shoes launching themselves away in the gif.

I think he was severely injured.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Broke both feet if I remember correctly.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

" Brown's injuries were a fractured wrist, fractured vertebrae, bruised liver, bruised lung, ruptured spleen and concussion.[6] After several minutes of unconsciousness, Brown walked off the ramp surface with assistance.[7]"

Wow did I ever get that wrong. All I remembered is the walking away part.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

You gotta take risks to be the fun uncle! For every "ice cream for dinner" there will come an "accidentally thrown off the trampoline."

That's profound: for every "ice cream" there exists an "i scream"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

My nephew was afraid of putting his head underwater until I picked him up and jumped into the lake with him. He was fine with it after that and absolutely loves swimming now. It's a fine line between really loving a kid up and having that "face your fear" moment work out. Looking back I probably wouldn't do that again, I just really lucked out that it worked.

I think the big difference is that you were his uncle, not his father, and you jumped in the pool with him instead of just tossing him in alone. That's the kind of thing uncles are supposed to do imo.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

china bot posted:

could have been worse

I'm impressed he had enough air time to prep for the landing after flailing around a little

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Phanatic posted:

I'm amazed a Congressman was so brazen and bad at it as to actually get charged.

From a couple pages ago, but the difference here is that Collins wasn't trading on legislative non-public information. He'd invested in a drug company that had gone all-in on a treatment for multiple sclerosis that turned out not to work, and when Collins got the news that it didn't work, he immediately phoned his son and told him to sell all their shares.

quote:

The experimental drug in question, a compound known as MIS416, was intended to be a treatment for second-stage multiple sclerosis.

Clinical trials to determine if the compound was safe and effective had begun in October 2014, according to the indictment. MIS416 was Innate’s primary product, and the company’s fortunes were directly tied to the success of the trials.

On June 22, 2017, Innate’s leadership learned the trials had determined the compound “lacked therapeutic effectiveness.”

The company asked that trading of its stock in its home country of Australia be suspended for several days until it released the results of the trials.

The company’s chief executive, Simon Wilkinson, also emailed members of the board of directors that day, including Collins, at 6:55 p.m. “I have some bad news to report,” his email said, according to the indictment. The trials had found the experimental drug was a "clinical failure."

Collins was at the White House, attending the annual Congressional Picnic, when he opened the email. At 7:10 p.m., he responded with an email of his own, allegedly exclaiming “Wow. Makes no sense. How are these results even possible???”

The SEC complaint alleges that 15 seconds later, the congressman placed a call to his son Cameron. He made six calls in five minutes before connecting, at which point Collins told his son the bad news about the trial. He conveyed that information “knowing that it was in breach of his duties to Innate and anticipating that Cameron Collins would use it to trade and tip others,” the indictment alleged.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

china bot posted:

could have been worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfEctd61P5w

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That was the kids dad?

More like "land of the free to kick children if they are your own".

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Double Punctuation posted:

Nah, they just said they were going to doxx them, according to the removeddit. Would it even count as doxxing, since it’s going to be easily obtainable public court records?

If the legaladvice mods even get a whiff of that sort of thing they start waving the ban hammer around.

One guy that went there for advice eventually got the ACLU involved and anybody that even hinted about the existence of the case, the press releases, or any of the media coverage was banned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/7jubfl/iowa_city_threatening_a_lawsuit_to_get_me_to_take/
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8d5sv1/update_iowa_city_threatening_a_lawsuit_to_get_me/

quote:

I'd like to remind everyone of our doxxing policy, because evidently not everyone understands it:

If you:

reveal any information that identifies parties

hint at having done so,

hint at how one might find such information, or

say anything else that makes me think that you're thinking about it,

we will permanently ban you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bestoflegaladvice/comments/8d5uui/remember_the_guy_who_was_being_threatened_because/

ACLU Press Release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbvAodURcTw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITqISt5MiJE

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ah, yes. The person who moves next to [ANNOYING THING] despite [ANNOYING THING] being there years before they moved there, then complains about it.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

iospace posted:

Ah, yes. The person who moves next to [ANNOYING THING] despite [ANNOYING THING] being there years before they moved there, then complains about it.

The gently caress are you talking about? The guy has lived in that town his entire life and the stank rear end animal rendering plant moved in four years ago.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Enos Cabell posted:

The gently caress are you talking about? The guy has lived in that town his entire life and the stank rear end animal rendering plant moved in four years ago.

Reading hard, talking poo poo easy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Enos Cabell posted:

Apologies. Most of the time when something like this happens, it's the scenario I listed. My bad.

Ariong posted:

Reading hard, talking poo poo easy.

Also this :v:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fallom posted:

I'm impressed he had enough air time to prep for the landing after flailing around a little

It was a special "big air" event with a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge single ramp that took up an entire stadium just to fling you into the air as high as possible.

As seen, it was kinda irresponsible to even run that event, and I'm pretty sure X-Games shut that poo poo down right afterwards and hasn't done it since.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That was the kids dad? That's almost worse.

Called it. And yeah, that's almost worse. Huge dick move.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

It was a special "big air" event with a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge single ramp that took up an entire stadium just to fling you into the air as high as possible.

As seen, it was kinda irresponsible to even run that event, and I'm pretty sure X-Games shut that poo poo down right afterwards and hasn't done it since.
lol no
BMX do it too
And snow, no halfpipe though

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Zaphod42 posted:

X-Games: where the number one priority is safety

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

china bot posted:

could have been worse

Shoes fled
He ded

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a news report about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgkoMpVc9wI
The skate park owner confronted the Dad and told him not to come back for a while and says he was apparently remorseful about what he did: "He certainly understands the gravity of the situation."
I got it.

zoux posted:

Take for example the "epidemic" of right wing views being silenced by college campuses. With all the op eds and video essays about it, you'd think that you can't say the faintest conservative idea without triggering the libs. But it's actually the opposite

Can you link a source for that? I'd like to use it for something.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

trickybiscuits posted:

I got it.

Can you link a source for that? I'd like to use it for something.

I got you fam
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/8/3/17644180/political-correctness-free-speech-liberal-data-georgetown

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

lol wut? Big air is one of the most popular events in the X Games. Hell, the guy in that clip, Jake Brown, is still skating in it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

china bot posted:

X-Games: where the number one priority is safety

Bring back street luge :smith:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
https://i.imgur.com/YZnqMmi.mp4

Leave has a new favorite as of 21:47 on Aug 9, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fixed, use url not img tags

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Miss posted:

i'm calling cps

I'm typing CLS

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I knew snow did it, but drat, I thought i heard it was cancelled. wrong.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My username is an anagram of 'agony hints'.

https://i.imgur.com/4Vskjif.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/EBKpnlF.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/mEpmc2a.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Does anyone have the nutshot gif which starts with the zoom out from the Hollywood sign?